AUDIO Monitors. Wich one?

breaxjunkiebreaxjunkie 97 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I am about to buy brand new monitors, i use them mainly for hip-hop, Funk & Jazz music. Wich Audio Monitors would you take between this 3:b, 21b, 21MACKIE MR8b, 21EVENT TR8 XLb, 21YAMAHA HS80Mb, 21b, 21Any of your advice will be taken in consideration.b, 21thank you.b, 21S.

Comments

• I can't really speak on the ones you mentioned but when I was buying monitors this year it was a toss up between these two. Adam A7's and Dynaudio Bm5a's, both are great speakers for around $1000. I went with the Adam's though, they've served me well.

• I'll have a look on those. Thank you.

• I have the Yamaha HS50Ms and really like them. There are a few studio monitor threads you should search for. I hate Guitar Center, but I went on a week night when it was really empty and they let me compare the monitors in my range. They had it set up so that you could switch between monitors while listening to a song on iTunes. That made my decision much easier.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    I found that the Event monitors are exceptionally good for their price. I have a pair of TR8s (older) that I've quite liked for a while now and they're reasonably priced. Can't speak on the higher price range of monitors cause I won't go there, not until I make more money.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Somebody recommended Alesis Monitor 1 Active MKII Powered Monitors on here. I bought them and very much like.

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    b, 21b, 21I use these, sound great close up, I use them for audio production and they are good for just listening as well... these are the passive ones as in you dont have to have additional plugs for them... they are wild cheap compared to other monitors... I find that I need to use my headphones less during production as they have such an accurate sound... do the live.com search thing to get an additional 25% when using buy it now on eBay... if you need them for audio production, you cant go wrong with these... best monitors I've had. I used to have those Alessis powered ones and I sold them... I dont like that flat dry sound.