Kufi alert! Common leaks "Changes" (Obama-R)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• sa-ra on the beat

• and yo i give 10 out 5 questloves

• jesus christ this is awful to me.b, 21b, 21i played a japanese video game about puppies once that sounded just like this. no shit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    LOL

• Dude i thought we were having lunch today

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    puke

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    This song makes me want to play with My Little Ponys

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21puke b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Seriously, f*cking diarrhea into my sock drawer. b, 21b, 21I heard Common and Talib have a collaboration project coming out.

• img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21

• img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/646.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/595.gif" alt="" 21

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    that shit was Oprah-tasticb, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Dude i thought we were having lunch today b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21My bad: totally spaced. I'm actually up in SB to get some writing done. Next Fri? I'll write Bob.

• If this would of dropped a few months ago-the obamix would of been 55 minutes of this song on repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b, 21b, 21Hot!!!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    not directly related to this song (which i agree sucks), but i anticipate many songs dropping Obama's name in their lyrics in the future...duh! i just hope that these artists that do drop his name are not just doing the typical shit that they know sells. b, 21b, 21in other words, the last few days have had a massive effect on me in terms of reminiscing of the painful racism i went through in life and naturally being cynical of colored people reaching positions beyond the "glass ceiling". "glass ceiling" is a cursed term and i wish to eradicate it from my vocabulary, its something thats been passed on to me from immigrant parents, its something thats been passed on to me from me...b, 21b, 21has racism ended? fusk no. b, 21b, 21has the glass ceiling been shattered? in many ways yes, and in just as many ways no. b, 21b, 21but one feeling im trying to remind myself with recent events(GObama!!!) is that i have no reason to make excuses that i can't progress as far as i should be able to. perceiving racism should no longer be an excuse for me to hold back or settle for less. its a poor attitude to have, but was really easy to feel i think in the past(i'm speaking for myself). well...easy is not the right word, but those of u that have gone through what im talking about know what i mean, its hard to explain.b, 21b, 21i hope that should rappers choose to drop Obama's name, that they dont do it through novelty or trivialize it. generally i hate sappy rap, but i hope that there is a shift in a typical rapper's perception of what they're capable of. a colored dude has got himself into the most powerful position in the world. we make our opportunities...i mean i was always aware of the actions and speeches of the trailblazers of the past, but there is no way i envisioned what happend a few days ago, call me cynical, i thought i was being realist.b, 21b, 21i should state that i am not Black, but have caught the bad end of racism many times and those scars will never leave me. i hope people of all colors or minority aspects DECIDE to hold themselves to a higher standard than before. i should correct that...there are tons of people that have always done that. i should say, that people that didnt hold themselves to such a standard (including myself) should do so immediately. or what has happened recently doesnt mean anything. my thoughts.

rappers trivial? Never that, son

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    In a word: common.

• the most interesting thing about this thread to me is that Thes-One and O-Dub are doing lunch these days. this makes me misty almost as much as Barack being elected POTUS img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happyday.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• Good lord. Common is gassed. I remember when he was an MC. Now dude, just needs to shut up. Who or what does he think he is anyway?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21the most interesting thing about this thread to me is that Thes-One and O-Dub are doing lunch these days. this makes me misty almost as much as Barack being elected POTUS img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happyday.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21That ain't nothin' - me and Jean Grae = pilates partners!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Dude i thought we were having lunch today b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Dude i thought we were having lunch today b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21/object1 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21/object1

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 i just hope that these artists that do drop his name are not just doing the typical shit that they know sells. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21lol rappers will only mention obama in order to tap into his fundraising operation!!!

• Common sucks and that will never change

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    LOLb, 21b, 21birds + whistling = not hip-hopb, 21b, 21oh god this chorus is badb, 21b, 21one of the most bland and emotionless songs i've heard in a minute