The Fruit Stand

2»

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Anyone familiar with Pluots[/b]?

IMG SRC="http://www.soulstrut.com/img/scans/2005/Fruit Stand/pluot_dapple_dandy_aonea.jpg">

This is some serious classic 4th of July weekend type shit right here. File it with your tangelos, yuzus, and early limequats. This whole hybrid fruit shit is completely fucking ridiculous with kids who have never heard of broccoflowers or rulettos buying up any fruit with a semi-bitter pith on and talking about what a ???great hybrid fruit this is to chill and drink lemonade to.??? Stupid ass hybrid fruity fag trends don't dictate what classics are though, and "pluots" is one of those joints that always works when you got a room of people old enough to remember 1982 or kids who have been to enough parties to recognize. These are the hybrid fruits that are gonna set shit off, so leave your apple-pears and minneolas bullshit on your bathroom floor as an ejaculate receptacle and pack pluots. ???Shig Shiggister"

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Anyone familiar with Pluots[/b]?

IMG SRC="http://www.soulstrut.com/img/scans/2005/Fruit Stand/pluot_dapple_dandy_aonea.jpg">

This is some serious classic 4th of July weekend type shit right here. File it with your tangelos, yuzus, and early limequats. This whole hybrid fruit shit is completely fucking ridiculous with kids who have never heard of broccoflowers or rulettos buying up any fruit with a semi-bitter pith on and talking about what a ???great hybrid fruit this is to chill and drink lemonade to.??? Stupid ass hybrid fruity fag trends don't dictate what classics are though, and "pluots" is one of those joints that always works when you got a room of people old enough to remember 1982 or kids who have been to enough parties to recognize. These are the hybrid fruits that are gonna set shit off, so leave your apple-pears and minneolas bullshit on your bathroom floor as an ejaculate receptacle and pluots. ???Shig Shiggister"

G
    A
    M
    E

O
    V
    E
    R
    !
    !
    !
    !

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    got cha opin!!! hall of fame material.

mrpek - mangotsteens are native to south east asia if I remember correctly. It has an extremely pleasant and sweet taste. The white fruit peels like little slices of orange.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    im in avacado overdrive right now

• parenparen 537 Posts

Last week I was in chinatown and I bought two pounds of lychees... they were gone in less than three days...

I just tried lychees for the first time last week. delightful. summer fruit/veggie stands in the middlewest are all about sweet corn[/b] and whatever fruit is hitting at the time. boil the water / warm the grill.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

mrpek - mangotsteens are native to south east asia if I remember correctly. It has an extremely pleasant and sweet taste. The white fruit peels like little slices of orange.
    I'm gonna keep an eye out stateside for 'em.. they look good

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Aren't Mangosteens illegal to import into the US?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    My mother makes amazing quince jam. They look like this:

Growing up - my favourite treat was pomegranate seeds powdered with a bit of cumin. Who would take the time to undo all those tasty little seedlings from the yucky white stuff for a brat such as I? My mom, that's who. Cmon, I would help sometimes.

Speaking of mom and fruit. She, my dad and I have been known to buy a bag of lychee fruit, sit on park bench and plow through it like it was popcorn. So good.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

I'm gonna keep an eye out stateside for 'em.. they look good

cosign

i live across the street from a se asian mall,
    i know they'll have some of that shit when its in season

seems like they are growing tons of xotic fruit down in florida

i went to a laotian buhdist festival at a temple in bumfuck virginia,
    thousands of laotias from all points east of the mississipi
    & there were a hundred u-haul trucks & vendors
    selling all kinds of non-native xotic agriculture
    + a laotion slacker 3 piece rock combo
    was wailing on a half hour plus version of "november rain"
    (in laotian, 20 minute guitar solo)
    i saw gawd

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    have you heard of the "nguyens"? theyre a vietnamese smith's cover band. get it? i thought it was awesome

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    have you heard of the "nguyens"? theyre a vietnamese smith's cover band. get it? i thought it was awesome

i'm biting that one
    too good not to

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

don't Noc their hustle,

• dayday 9,612 Posts

royal gala

nectarine

this is EXACTLY what I had this morning. I'm trying to get into this whole healthy lifestyle thing while still consuming copious amounts of booze.

It's great!

• Jonagolds

this word is funny to me, i don't know why... it just is.

DB

• edubedub 715 Posts
    OK, I did the Chinatown hustle on my lunch break, and came up empty on the Mangosteens...

I did pick up a lb of Lychees and some Pluot-looking plums. Also picked up a bag of Licorice Melon seeds, and a 1/4 each of Ginseng-Oolong Tea and "One Leaf Bitter".

BTW, I'm getting Popeye's for dinner!

'Sayin

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    OK, I did the Chinatown hustle on my lunch break, and came up empty on the Mangosteens...

I did pick up a lb of Lychees and some Pluot-looking plums. Also picked up a bag of Licorice Melon seeds, and a 1/4 each of Ginseng-Oolong Tea and "One Leaf Bitter".

BTW, I'm getting Popeye's for dinner!

'Sayin

But which side order[/b] will you be enjoying?

BTW: Wha' 'appen, Encyclopedia Doo Doo Brown?

• hi drew-

i've been eating grapes.

grape are gr8.

you can grab one or two or grab a bunch.

the perfect driving snack.

delicious and round.

im eating grapes as I type this.