Michael Goldfarb PWND

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I don't even know who this moron is. I'm just amused that just about anyone can be interviewd as an "expert" these days:b,121b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/son.gif" alt="" /1

Comments

• literally LOL'd.b, 21b, 21A little bit of GOB and Homer Simpson happening.

• the follow upb,121b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I like how he says, at the end, "excellent conversation, I always appreciate you being here with us" in a tone that really says, "you're a f*cking moron."

• The problem for Goldfarb is that McCain said his campaign staff could not invoke Jeremiah Wright's name. So like an idiot he positions himself to be asked directly who is he talking about and he cannot say it out loud... he is reduced to saying, "we all know who it is."b, 21b, 21What a moron. If you know that he was hinting at Wright he looks like a stupid douche and if you don't he still looks like a stupid douche only without context.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    in the follow-up: "we are joined by Ben Ferguson, host of 'Ben Ferguson's Conservative Radio Show'..."b, 21b, 21If there's a better title of anything ever, I want to hear it!

• I accidentally posted this in the other McCain thread.b, 21b, 21I think Goldfarb is a genius. McCain is still getting credit, however dubious, for not bringing up Reverend Wright. But Goldfarb just got the highest youtube rating for the day by refusing to say the man's name. So the weekend before the election, the McCain campaign has a lot of people talking about Reverend Wright while still taking a perceived high road for not bringing it up. b, 21b, 21I don't see any reason why Wright wouldn't be a legitimate campaign issue. Wright believes America (or in his case Amerikkka) is owed the terror of 9-11. This view doesn't make the reverend a Jew hater, just a moral idiot and the kind of man whose advice should not be sought--politically or spiritually--by an American president. Indeed, his grotesque post 9-11 sermon indicates a kind of anti-Americanism, or at least he believes America has no greater moral claim than al Qaeda, Japanese fascists, Soviets etc... And no, I don't think any of this is balanced out by the fact that I'm sure he has done good works for his community. His church also gave an award to Farakhan and Wright visited Qadafi right around the time that the Libyans had directed the Pan Am 103 and disco bombing in Berlin. b, 21b, 21Wright's "Amerikkka" is a popular perception on the hard left (who I fear would go rogue if Obama lost). I am aware that there are many good and decent Americans teaching at our universities. And I am uncomfortable with questioning a man's patriotism--having had my patriotism questioned a few times. But if you think--in its most extreme form--that the victims of 9-11 were "Little Eichmans" as Ward Churchill said, or you photograph stepping on an American flag as Ayers did, or you think Bush is Hitler, then you are saying America is no better than the worst fiends of history. Is it fair to infer that such a person does not love his country?b, 21b, 21I have said this before and will say it again, I don't think Obama really rides for the aforementioned claptrap. He is comfortable around it, he was teaching at University of Chicago, and he once thought this way, according to his memoirs. But he's committed himself--too publicly and for too long--for centrists positions, for me to conclude he is a radical. Clearly John McCain and most of his supporters disagree with me. In this case, we don't know for sure. Maybe on November 5, Barack is gonna say: "Gotcha" and send me to a re-education camp. And pointing out that Obama attended Wright's church for what 20 years, long after Oprah left it cause Wright was too whacky, made him his spiritual advisor, is legit. Kind of a weak hand. Not really a positive message, but fine. Put another way, calling some one a secret Marxist is different than calling them an n word. Conservatives should be able to call someone a communist without being called racist. Isn't that the exact thing the left wants? The right to call someone a neoconservative without being called anti-Semitic. This seems a reasonable point. If I came on here and said every time one of you calls John McCain a neoconservative, you're just Jew hating, you would all rightly accuse me of conflating an ideological statement with a slur. I suppose you could counter that domestic communists were blacklisted decades ago. But isn't that what John Conyers is advocating, the prosecution of administration neoconservatives? And when was the last commie prosecuted in this country? I digress. b, 21b, 21Finally there is the matter of Sanchez. He's the real moron. How could he possibly not have known Goldfarb was talking about Wright? There may be an argument that Wright is not an anti-Semite, but Sanchez did not make that argument. He instead called the Anti-Defamation and took the word of Myrna Sheinbaum. He appealed to an authority on anti-Semitism. The ADL two months ago accused Joe Klein--a Jew--of anti-Semtitism, but a guy who thinks Israel and Amerikkka's occupation of Palestine justified has never been called out by ADL. I mean this is too stupid. Wright gave an award to Louis Farakhan, he thinks the Jewish State are comprised of brutal thugs. If you want to technically say that these positions do not confer a general feeling or attitude towards Jews--be my guest. I don't really care so much about anti-Semitism. But Jewish voters in florida would likely be horrified at Khallidi and Wright's views. The question is, is it fair to say these associations reflect Obama's views of Israel. On this I think Obama is a centrist. I think Obama has read books by Roth and Bellow and is super tight with like one of the most Jewish guys in Chicago, David Axelrod. Again, I don't think these associations tell us as much about Obama as the McCain camp would have us believe, but never mind. Pre-Senate, Barack Obama hung out with some radicals. Will this data-point turn the election? Please.

• Doh, I was wondering why my post was on both threads??? So, I responded to V with this:b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121The problem for Goldfarb is that McCain said his campaign staff could not invoke Jeremiah Wright's name. So like an idiot he positions himself to be asked directly who is he talking about and he cannot say it out loud... he is reduced to saying, "we all know who it is."b, 21b, 21What a moron. If you know that he was hinting at Wright he looks like a stupid douche and if you don't he still looks like a stupid douche only without context. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I think Goldfarb is a genius. McCain is still getting credit, however dubious, for not bringing up Reverend Wright. But Goldfarb just got the highest youtube rating for the day by refusing to say the man's name. So the weekend before the election, the McCain campaign has a lot of people talking about Reverend Wright while still taking a perceived high road for not bringing it up. b, 21b, 21{{SNIP, SNIP}}b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121V, thanks for the response. b, 21b, 21Before I respond back I want to apologize for my initial meeting with you on this board. I got off on the wrong foot with you popped back up over a month ago and I should not have compared you to Kala. I have been reading your posts on the sidelines since.b, 21b, 21With that said, I am having a hard time seeing the genius in Goldfarb's gambit. Who was the intended audience? It certainly was not me, well informed Obama supporter. Was it aimed at his base? They are already voting for him. Was it aimed at the low information/undecideds? If that was the audience I would say that the gambit was a failure.b,121b, 21The only people that are getting the reference are the base already swimming in the McCain sea of information or high information voters on the other side (people like me). The former are already voting for McCain and there is zero chance that the later will change their mind on the Wright issue.b,121b, 21So, please explain to me how Goldfarb looking like he doesn't know the answer to the question seems like a win?b,121b, 21And then you responded back with this:b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121S--b,121b,121You may be right. CNN is smack in the political middle of the broadcast media. To generate buzz and get people talking off of an incident in a campaign, this close to election, could remind some low information voters that Obama went to a crazy church for 20 years. More important, the Jews of florida, who may withhold their support for the Democrat this year because they fear he is too left on Israel may have forgotten about Wright. In Florida, in a purely semiotic sense, the clip was Latino v. Jewish grandson on whether or not the black candidate is anti-Jewish. Again, I don't know how this will break. Most older Jews are Democrats. How many seniors in Florida know about youtube? At the end of the day I still bet Obama is taking it, so I don't know if it swings the election. But to create big media stories about Jeremiah Wright, and to get it by free media, three days before election day, is a PR coup. b, 21b, 21Vb, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I think we are caught up now???

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i also posted this on the other thread but - for a 'pr coup' this is a candle in the sun. i hope this thing has a good time fighting for cable news oxygen over the cheney endorsement

• He doesnt mention that he's implying jeremiah wright, and that makes him a genius?b, 21b, 21b, 21what are you smoking?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 think Goldfarb is a genius. McCain is still getting credit, however dubious, for not bringing up Reverend Wright. But Goldfarb just got the highest youtube rating for the day by refusing to say the man's name. So the weekend before the election, the McCain campaign has a lot of people talking about Reverend Wright while still taking a perceived high road for not bringing it up.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b, 21You have to be kidding me. Goldfarb came on a national news program completely unprepared and completely sonned himself. His thesis was that Obama had a history of associating with anti-semites, yet he only had TWO examples up his sleeve: one that McCain was equally friendly with, and another that he knew he couldn't mention and with whom Obama had severed ties anyway. That's quite a weak case for painting Obama as anti-semitic no matter how you slice it, and is far from being a "genius" move.b,121b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I don't see any reason why Wright wouldn't be a legitimate campaign issue. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You don't? b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Or maybe you do:b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I have said this before and will say it again, I don't think Obama really rides for the aforementioned claptrap.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bbb.gif" alt="" /1