Why they gotta do our boy James like that? (MP3-R)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
So this is a first: I got a letter from the governmentGoogle the other day, I clicked it, and read it, it said they were suckers. b, 21b, 21Or, er, I was. Or someone. b, 21b, 21So remember this great summer songs post James wrote for my site? b, 21b, 21http://soulsummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/summer-songs-08-james-cavicchia.html/a1b, 21b, 21Apparently, one of the songs on there annoyed the rights holder enough to write Google (which owns blogger.com, which is the blogging platform I run through) and as a result, Google deleted the post (which luckily, I still had archived on my computer). b, 21b, 21Now - I have no problems with rights holders requesting I take stuff down. It's only happened once (John Klemmer's attorney, if you're curious) but I got no issue for it. I'm not looking to get sued and it's just not a big fuskin' deal. b, 21b, 21I am a bit annoyed Google straight up deleted my post but whatever, they're the big bad corporate wolf, blah blah blah.b, 21b, 21I>What I want to know is this:[/i] what was the offending song? The notice I received didn't mention it so now it's a guessing game of which of this six was the guilty link:b, 21b, 21Gerry Rafferty: Baker Streetb, 21From City to City (UA, 1977)b, 21b, 21Al Stewart: Year of the Catb, 21From Year of the Cat (Janus, 1976)b, 21b, 21Brenton Wood: Gimme Little Signb, 21From The Oogum Boogum Song (Double Shot, 1967)b, 21b, 21Barbara Lewis: Hello Strangerb, 21From Hello Stranger (Atlantic, 1963)b, 21b, 21J-Dilla: Time: The Donut of the Heartb, 21From Donuts (Stonesthrow, 2006)b, 21b, 21Talk Talk: New Grassb, 21From Laughing Stock (Verve, 1991)b, 21b, 21Any bet takers? (Not that I'll know what the "right" answer is anyway).

Comments