Has anyone ever seen Canaxis in the field?

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
I'd like to own this, but I've never seen it, and when I checked popsike (used up one of my 3 free searches for the month) I was feeling pretty dissuaded by the $600-700 price tag. Any legitimacy in those numbers?

Comments

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    The Ebay prices are cheap compared to what I've seen it go for. Not easy to find, much in demand. I've seen it sell for 1000 euro more then once.

• Findng this in the "field" is near impossible these days.b,121Go to Utrect this year and you will probably see three.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Has it been reissued on vinyl?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I made a quick call today for something else and I now know of a copy for around 700 euro's. It's in Holland, private dealer. I saw it at Utrecth for 800 in the jazz section in April, and he still has it. I guess the price has been lowered a bit. lolb,121b,121I'm not sure if there was a RI, but I have to imagine there was at some point. Sorry I can't be of more help

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Has it been reissued on vinyl? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121There is a re on Spoon from the mid-80's. $30-40 should snag you a copy.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I found the vinyl re-issue in the field for 50 cents at a book store one day. It's two tracks and on Spoon Records with some straight eerie and evil chanting like tracks. Definitely creeped me out when I got to playing it late that night.b,121b, 21Not sure how many were made of the original but I believe they are very limited in numbers. I believe the same with the Spoon re-issue, but rap79 is correct in saying you can find a copy in that price range.b,121b, 21I can post up sound clips later if anyone is interested.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I found the vinyl re-issue in the field for 50 cents at a book store one day. It's two tracks and on Spoon Records with some straight eerie and evil chanting like tracks. Definitely creeped me out when I got to playing it late that night.b,121b,121Not sure how many were made of the original but I believe they are very limited in numbers. I believe the same with the Spoon re-issue, but rap79 is correct in saying you can find a copy in that price range.b, 21b, 21I can post up sound clips later if anyone is interested. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I have the Itunes version, which has those tracks, as well as a few bonuses, which really don't belong. The chanting is Vietnamese boat songs. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I know he sampled those vocals in 1967 or 1968, which is pretty early in terms of sampling. I've been hard-pressed to find an earlier instance where someone was taking recorded music from multiple sources, and mixing it together to make 'songs'.b, 21b, 21Thanks for the info rap79, and Moss.