Strutters going to Utrecht

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
I'm not going to lie, all the talk of FMU has me in withdrawl even though I just went through Austin.b,121b, 21I am making the trek from the US to Europe for the first time this year and setting up a table at Utrecht. Who's going? I'm interested in seeing if the social side of that show rivals the parties we throw in Austin.b,121b, 21Where are my European strutters at?b, 21b, 21my table will be heavy on the funk/soul/jazz Lps since I'm going to be in the black music section of the show. i'll have private press psych too and a few hundred 45s of various genres.b,121b, 21many solid titles in nice shape.b, 21b, 21hope to see some of you there.

Comments

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I'm going as a belated 30th Birthday present / getaway with my girlfriend, we'll be staying in Amsterdam, near Vondelpark. b, 21b, 21Get in late Wednesday night and fly back Sunday, so am hoping to get to the fair Friday & Sunday.b, 21b, 21Theres a thread on Very Good Plus with more of the UK contingent talking about it.b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19938&highlight=utrecht" target="_blank"1http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19938&highlight=utrecht/a1b,121b, 21Would be good to put a few faces to names.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    When are you heading off, Dave?b, 21b, 21Are we able to close the deal before you go, or shall I wait till you come back?b, 21b, 21Thanks.......G

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121When are you heading off, Dave?b, 21b, 21Are we able to close the deal before you go, or shall I wait till you come back?b, 21b, 21Thanks.......G b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21i deserve that... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" /1b,121b, 21g -b,121b, 21going to my email today and finishing the deal. sorry, packing my records this week was crazy.b, 21b, 21you're not going, right? have friends that go?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121b,121Where are my European strutters at?b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121ill be checking out your table fo shuw.b, 21Yen be at the waxwell booth next to jans (record palace nl)b, 21NZ needs a tomtom to get there.b,121b, 21Holler fo parties in the Damsko.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Most likely going on sunday.b, 21b, 21My first record show in 8 years.

• Will be there for the 3 days. Went for the 1st time last year and really enjoyed it.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 I'm going to be in the black music section of the show. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21why the segregation??? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" /1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121 I'm going to be in the black music section of the show. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21why the segregation??? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" /1 b,121b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21that's just how they set it up T. i asked for the general music section. i wanted to bring more private press and psych, but they gave me a table where i got one.b,121b, 21they have general, rock/psych, and black music sections if i remember. maybe someone who has been can explain it better. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" /1

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121 I'm going to be in the black music section of the show. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21why the segregation??? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" /1 b,121b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21that's just how they set it up T. i asked for the general music section. i wanted to bring more private press and psych, but they gave me a table where i got one.b,121b, 21they have general, rock/psych, and black music sections if i remember. maybe someone who has been can explain it better. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" /1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Ya, the show is split into sections. "Black Music/Disco/House" is one, as is "Progressive/Beat/Rock" and I think there is one more section of "Metal/Punk" which is an extension of rock, and has a mixture of psych/rock/metal. That being said, in April it seemed that these lines are a little more blurred. There was rock in the "black section", and soul/breaks in the psych section, and to be honest the metal section was rock and all other. Obviously dealers bring a bit of everything as well, so it's not like someone wouldn't spend time in the sections that don't matter to them. There is also another giant hall with lp's that isn't on the map because it's more toys (ala Star Wars and dolls) which contains another 200 or so dealers, and in this show you'll find lp's also. I've found some nice pieces in the toy hall, which I didn't get to until spending 10-12 hours in the main hall. lol. b,121b, 21On the segregation thing, I have an interesting story. I was in Amsterdam digging and a friend had come along to hang out in Amsterdam and split the room cost with me. I was in a store and the owner looked at him and said "Can I help you?" since he was standing around, and he replied as a joke "I want Black!". The owner without even thinking said "What kind of Black? Jazz Black? Disco Black? Rock Black?"b,121b, 21It's not uncommon to find any genre of music with an African American on the front in the "Black Section". They don't care what's on the lp, it's what's on the cover. Easy Listening, Rock, Jazz, Soul, R&B, Library, OST = Black if there is an African American on it. Doesn't make diggin fun if you're into Jazz...lolb,121b, 21Anyhow, I'll PM you on Waxidermy about the table etc... Thanks

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Hello coldhands!b, 21b, 21this is germany's most hated digger. i might be coming, but i don't know for sure. if i'm going, i'll be there on friday and say hi.b, 21b, 21llmod1 just said that he might be going as well. he's at my cribster drinking up my dad's whitebeer stock. my mom said we can have some sorbet!b, 21b, 21are we having another one of those soulstrut nights? jef and alan, i'm asking you!!!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    If you do come Jan, I can Cook something up foo the headz.b,121well be having a fisher-price club night.b,121bring a warm jacket coz everybody is sittin outside nowadays.b,121b/w b,121Bring some of daddies img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/88.gif" alt="" /1

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121i deserve that... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" /1b,121b, 21g -b,121b, 21going to my email today and finishing the deal. sorry, packing my records this week was crazy.b, 21b,121you're not going, right? have friends that go? b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I mailed you over the weekend, mate....did you get it OK?b,121b,121No, not going to Utrecht....too far off a trek. Plenty of mates are going though.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I'm not going to lie, all the talk of FMU has me in withdrawl even though I just went through Austin.b, 21b, 21I am making the trek from the US to Europe for the first time this year and setting up a table at Utrecht. Who's going? I'm interested in seeing if the social side of that show rivals the parties we throw in Austin.b, 21b, 21Where are my European strutters at?b, 21b, 21my table will be heavy on the funk/soul/jazz Lps since I'm going to be in the black music section of the show. i'll have private press psych too and a few hundred 45s of various genres.b, 21b, 21many solid titles in nice shape.b, 21b, 21hope to see some of you there. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Leaving Wednesday night and arriving Thursday morning. I'll be set up at table 333B for those of you going. I would love to connect with any of you guys while there Friday and Saturday nights. I might have a cell phone so pm for an exchange or just drop by the table and say hi. b, 21b, 21Dave

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Hello coldhands!b, 21b, 21this is germany's most hated digger. i might be coming, but i don't know for sure. if i'm going, i'll be there on friday and say hi.b, 21b, 21llmod1 just said that he might be going as well. he's at my cribster drinking up my dad's whitebeer stock. my mom said we can have some sorbet!b, 21b, 21are we having another one of those soulstrut nights? jef and alan, i'm asking you!!! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21i might be opening a can of worms, but when did you become hated? i used to get into hella bidding wars with llmod1(if that is his ebay id too) 8 or 10 years ago. i would like to meet him face to face img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21it would be really cool to meet, i always appreciated your contributions and help with the FOS magazine years ago.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i can't go. i have a bad cold and i'm broke anyway. i hope you have some fun and will sell/buy lots of records. the show is really fantastic. make sure to meet Jef (FejMelba) and Alan (nzshadow). good luck everyone!!!

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Hello coldhands!b, 21b, 21this is germany's most hated digger. i might be coming, but i don't know for sure. if i'm going, i'll be there on friday and say hi.b, 21b, 21llmod1 just said that he might be going as well. he's at my cribster drinking up my dad's whitebeer stock. my mom said we can have some sorbet!b, 21b, 21are we having another one of those soulstrut nights? jef and alan, i'm asking you!!! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21i might be opening a can of worms, but when did you become hated? i used to get into hella bidding wars with llmod1(if that is his ebay id too) 8 or 10 years ago. i would like to meet him face to face img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21it would be really cool to meet, i always appreciated your contributions and help with the FOS magazine years ago. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I can't make it unfortunately. You stopping by in London at all on your tour? If so we could hook up then.b, 21b, 21What is your Ebay name?