FREAKS & GEEKS....

2»

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121HAVERCHUCK IS HI-LARIOUS!! b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21b,121img src="http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa258/ryantg/haverchuck.gif"1b,121b, 21b,121a href="http://www.zshare.net/audio/5036549884b8d461/" target="_blank"110 Bill Gets Funky _A.K.A. Spacefunk_.mp3 - 3.85MB/a1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Dang, Paul Feig wrote that? Is there no limit to his talent? Seriously, though, I found this quote from his a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/28/magazine/28feig-t.html?_r=1&sq=paul feig&st=cse&oref=slogin&scp=1&pagewanted=all" target="_blank"1NY Times Magazine profile/a1 hilarious:b,121b, 21b,121 /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 ???There???s an adult novel I have an idea for that I???m in love with,??? he began. ???It could possibly be a really weird, quirky indie movie, but I think it???s going to be funnier as a book. It???s just really dumb.b, 21b, 21???It???s called ???Three Wishes for a Fat Guy,??? ??? he went on. ???And it???s basically about this fat guy who???s a total geek, works in a comic-book store and is into gaming and all that stuff. He???s lonely, he can???t get any dates and stuff, and he has this little dog ??? just like my dog, Linus. Crazy dog. And then one day, in this completely contrived, hokey way, he finds a genie in a bottle. And he gets three wishes.??? Feig looked at me askance. I was listening.b, 21b, 21???His first wish,??? Feig continued, ???is that he can fly. He???s like: ???If I could fly, I???d be famous, so I???d get all these girls and all this other stuff, and it???d be cool. And the other thing is, I???m lonely. So I would love my dog, who???s my best friend in the world, to be able to talk. And the third wish, I???m gonna save that for, you know ??? if there???s trouble with those first two.???b, 21b, 21???So suddenly he can fly. But as with any wish, he???s not specific enough, and it turns out he can only fly if he???s nude or in really lightweight pajamas. So he goes on a talk show and like, flies around the audience, and everyone is like, ???Ohhh, he???s so cool.??? But then when he sits down on the panel, he???s really boring and his jokes are terrible and everybody kind of doesn???t like him anymore. So then he starts realizing: Well, I???ve got this talking dog! I???ll bring the dog out.???b, 21b, 21Feig wasn???t done: ???And the dog comes out and starts telling everything about his owner, like: ???He masturbates! He masturbates constantly!??? So the dog becomes famous and the fat guy can fly, but now the dog is just outing him on everything in his life and then it kind of goes from there, and how the fat guy decides he needs to get a manager to come on board to help him get his life together.???b, 21b, 21Feig turned from the sluggish freeway traffic to me, to see if I got it. So far, so good. And then he paused to reflect, before concluding, with absolutely no irony whatsoever, ???It???s basically the story of how I met my wife.??? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    great show...my favorite moments have to be Bill drinking out of the little plastic baseball helmet and then putting it on his head, Bill as Bionic Woman, and Sam's parents listening to "Squeeze Box".

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I just started watching this with my gf and it is really funny.b, 21I love Lindsay and Sam's parents!

• A truly great show and a remedy for anyone that's getting sick of the Judd Apatow factory. Incredibly well written, cast and acted, and the DVD issue by Shout Factory is UFW. If you dig it, check out 'Undeclared', which is a more comedic extension of the vibe, but still very interesting.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121A truly great show and a remedy for anyone that's getting sick of the Judd Apatow factory. Incredibly well written, cast and acted, and the DVD issue by Shout Factory is UFW. If you dig it, check out 'Undeclared', which is a more comedic extension of the vibe, but still very interesting. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I got my copy several years back. Good stuff. One of the better shows of its time.b, 21b, 21A few memorable moments (paraphrased and edited for spoilers):b,121b, 21?????A 40 piece drum kit? Maybe we should be trying out for you!b, 21??? Squeezebox? Neil Peartb, 21??? The undrinkable drinkb, 21??? Sam driving around the neighborhood with the garage door opener (just heartbreaking)

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121HAVERCHUCK IS HI-LARIOUS!! b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21b, 21img src="http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa258/ryantg/haverchuck.gif"1b,121b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.zshare.net/audio/5036549884b8d461/" target="_blank"110 Bill Gets Funky _A.K.A. Spacefunk_.mp3 - 3.85MB/a1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Dang, Paul Feig wrote that? Is there no limit to his talent? Seriously, though, I found this quote from his b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21yeah, he wrote a couple of songs for the soundtrack. The cool thing about the DVD box set, is that you get a much better understanding of how important a role music played in the series. The liner notes list all the songs in each episode, and they were very thoughtful in choosing songs with subject matter/lyrics that matches each episode.