News Corp. to Acquire MySpace (NRR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central

Courtesy of Defamer.com

"MySpace.com, a website that's the flavor of the moment for teenagers and young hipsters, has attracted a new kind of fan: a 74-year-old billionaire."

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    News Corp. to Acquire MySpace ??!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    $580 mil.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    $580 mil.

WOW

HOLY PAKORA

POWER OF HIPSTERS

WITNESS THE FITNESS

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Goodbye: dark 'n' sinister coked-up club chicks

Hello: red, white, & blue coked-up club chicks

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    This guy's smile just got $580 million brighter:

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    [rant]

1 more reason to never visit that website.

I've never had so many wannabe skrippers, male and female attention whores, and deluded DJs/producers "e-friend" me in a six week period. Shit is corny.

I don't know anyone who's made a major move by "self-promoting" on myspace... doesn't beat actually knowing/meeting people in the real world.

[/rant]

• [rant]

I've never had so many wannabe skrippers, male and female attention whores, and deluded DJs/producers "e-friend" me in a six week period. Shit is corny.

I don't know anyone who's made a major move by "self-promoting" on myspace... doesn't beat actually knowing/meeting people in the real world.

[/rant]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    man nad my friend just turned me onto that site. shit is like 2nd best thing to look up online while high (behind ebay)

• [rant]

[/rant]

Is that Rey?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    its crazy popular. like top 10 world ranking in terms of hits. i think it ranks very close to google. think about that. people are searching myspace profiles as much as they are searching for EVERYTHING COMBINED

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    fucking a that's a lot of money...

and Greenspan says it's too low.

another tech surge on the horizon?

• its crazy popular. like top 10 world ranking in terms of hits. i think it ranks very close to google. think about that. people are searching myspace profiles as much as they are searching for EVERYTHING COMBINED

I enjoy long walks in the park, sweet crunchy grooves by the Disco Biscuits, and i've been told i look like a young Stevie Ray Vaughn.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    sik