THE BAMBOO'S APPRECIATION POST...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Saw the Bamboo's last night here in Brisbane, was honestly one of the best shows I've seen in a whiles. Danced my ass off till I sweating like pookie lighting his glass dick (no homo) in New Jack City....b,121b,121

b,121b,121Just wondering what the Strut thinks of our little Aussie funk export b,121b,121Their cover of Amen Brother is RAW live, 2 minute drumbraekz....b,121b,121

Comments

• i heard their album when it came out and it didn't do much for me but they seem like a band that needs to be seen live to be fully appreciated.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I love the Bamboos. Reminds me I need to cop their live album.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    They are fantastic live, but I also really enjoy their records. I've played out heaps of their material and it always gets a good response.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    All I've got from them right now is their version of Tighten Up, but after watching that first video I want to cop the album. Would love to see them live.

• I've seen em a few times in Melbourne - always put on a banging show.

• Their second record really did it for me with a few more guest appearances and a slightly more dirtier deep funk sound rather than their first effort which was quite a polished sound. i reckon anyway...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    b,121 b,121b,121and they kill it live too!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    If anyone has a copy of that 7" Hit me up.b,121Bamboos are always good value. Their drummer is insane.b,121I must be slippin cuz i only found out that they had a new album out the other day.

• I got both their albums and they are both hotness. That 7" is on the first LP as well.b,121b,121edit: thanks kicks for alerting me to their THIRD album.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    loved the first album, the second album was pretty boring. does anyone agree or do i need to revisit it?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    rawville is dope...b,121b,121their new ones smashing, the amen brother cover is nice...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121All I've got from them right now is their version of Tighten Up, but after watching that first video I want to cop the album. Would love to see them live. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121That's all I have too, but what a great 45 that is. Looks like I need to seek out the rest of their stuff.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Yes, much better live, and eveen better with a vocalist. Seeing them on thursday supporting roy ayers!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Yes, much better live, and eveen better with a vocalist. Seeing them on thursday supporting roy ayers! b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121me too... good value gig... 45 bucks!!!

• The Bamboos rock!b,121b,121They put on a super hot show. You should have seen this trombonist they had called SHANNON BARNETT a while back..........ouch!!!!!!!! What is it with female trombonists?? They get me everytime. b,121b,121I will see them on Thursday with Roy Ayers and Nostalgia 77.....

• liked their first two albums plus the 45s but the last one sounds a bit like pop to me sometimes.b,121b,121but the cover art is dope indeed:b,121b,121