Ital in NYC?

2»

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Is Ital food actually good? Vegetarian food with no salt right? When I eat Jamaican food I get down with oxtails, curry goat, beef patties, jerk chicken, jerk pork, all dat. Vegetarian Jamaican food sounds pretty strange. What are common Ital dishes? Maybe the hommie Magnetic can break it down. Are there Ital restaurants in Kingston? Or do the Rastas cook this food in the country? Do non Rastas in Jamaica eat Ital food on a regular basis? Do Rastas sell Ital food to hippie tourists in Jamaica? Plaese to explain....

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Thanks!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121if your into reggae there is an electronic store down the block called analog /digital. owned by delroy francis. He produced many records in the late 70's /80s. including a wicked Trison Palmer LP on trojan. anyhow he has a gang of vinyl in the back. he might be willing to sell some pieces to you.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Is Ital food actually good? Vegetarian food with no salt right? When I eat Jamaican food I get down with oxtails, curry goat, beef patties, jerk chicken, jerk pork, all dat. Vegetarian Jamaican food sounds pretty strange. What are common Ital dishes? Maybe the hommie Magnetic can break it down. Are there Ital restaurants in Kingston? Or do the Rastas cook this food in the country? Do non Rastas in Jamaica eat Ital food on a regular basis? Do Rastas sell Ital food to hippie tourists in Jamaica? Plaese to explain....
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121when you roll thru NY, holla at a false rasta. will show u some good eats

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Is Ital food actually good? Vegetarian food with no salt right? When I eat Jamaican food I get down with oxtails, curry goat, beef patties, jerk chicken, jerk pork, all dat. Vegetarian Jamaican food sounds pretty strange. What are common Ital dishes? Maybe the hommie Magnetic can break it down. Are there Ital restaurants in Kingston? Or do the Rastas cook this food in the country? Do non Rastas in Jamaica eat Ital food on a regular basis? Do Rastas sell Ital food to hippie tourists in Jamaica? Plaese to explain....
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Rastas are extremely fringe in Jamaica, I can tell you that....it's not like Americans want to think things are like over there at all.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121you know i think it varies with the individuals interpretations of their faith. I know folks that are straight ital. some that eat fish, or goat and fish or everything but pork. I think the premise is natural food. no preserves, canned food. but what can i say as a jew brooklyn?

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121veggie castle is closed .....foll.... for long time now
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121I am still totally bummed about this and more to the point, I cannot figure out WHY it closed. Shit was dumb packed every time I went in there.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I think they must have gotten sued just like McDowell's didb,121b,121b,121b,121 img src="http://thatssweet.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/mcdowellsfacade.jpg"1

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Oh shit, naw the only thing with dreadlocks i F*ck with is the patties. I stay far away from west indian food.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Patties have dreadlocks? You sound real, real whi... oh , wait, this is soulstrut. why even bother? b,121b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Is Ital food actually good?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121Some is, some isn't. Like everything else :It's the chef, not the cuisine. b,121b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121there is an ital spot on first ave btw 1st and second street
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Closed. Gentrifiers don't f*ck with the west indian food. b,121b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121sadly manhattan does not have a real full on ital spot
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Depends on which part of Manhattan you deal with.I eat a lot of ital food on the island. I stay far away from the east village, though.