Your whip...............

13»

Comments

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    sweet! what year was that impala? Only thing I Dont like on it is the rims.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

El Necessito Pour Transit Publico:
    1. Newspaper
    2. MP3er

Goin' back a few years I had a

PRIDE cause my brother gave it to me and I re-did the brake lines and exhaust my own damn self. (I ain't a mechanic)

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Old euro car restos will take every dollar you've ever made and then some. Make sure the frame/ floors aren't gone before shoveling $$ into the trunk. Nice dash/ interior wood, right? Pretty car, but have no illusions about spending $500 and having it run like a watch. Sorry for the lecture.

yeah, which is probably why my dad has one of these rusting away in his garage:

it's pretty cool though, it has manual windshield wipers!

This is how I get around:

Yo my dad hooked up an MG TF1500. It's his pride and joy but still lets me take it out once in a while.

• best way to get around the city!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    best way to get around the city!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    My homie wrote this article recently on biodiesel vehicles. He drives a biodiesel converted '79 Benz that runs on used vegetable oil he picks up at local restaurants. He told me yesterday that he picked up 50 gallons from Cha Cha Cha on Haight.

He swears that this is the next big thing. Read that article--or at least skim it--and you'll probably think so, too. Willie Nelson's on board!

This is what inspired Willie Nelson to create BioWillie Diesel Fuel, his own line of biodiesel directed at truckers.

Yeh its a cool idea, that's the dope thing about Diesel engines is they were made to run on a variety of fuels (because they burn at such a low temp)... I had a guy almost run me off the road trying to get me to start using biodiesel. I didn't have the loot for the conversion kit, and the literature he gave me only had information on biodiesel fuel that is a combo of vegetable oil and diesel fuel... Will have to checkout the vegetable oil only solution though.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Personally, I can't wait for the impending energy crisis.
    When oil reserves dry up SUVs going to be worthless garbage.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I have to live up to some of my Asian stereotypes. 2000 Honda Prelude, although as my kid gets bigger its going to be harder and harder to take the whole family out.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    The most staggering fact is that every vehicle in the United States could be fueled by biodiesel -- 140.8 billion gallons of it -- grown in a 15,000- square-mile chunk of unused desert. (To put this in perspective, the Sonora Desert in Arizona alone is 120,000 square miles.) And at a cost of 46.2 billion a year, this mega-facility would save the United States more than $100 billion a year on purchasing crude oil from foreign countries, all that money instead remaining in the United States economy.

"un-used desert"? sure let's just reck a big chunk of incredibly unique biology, geology etc. on a mega field for bio deisel. I can think of a lot of beter places to get 15,000 sq miles for growing something, they have WATER supplys too.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    but dont get me wrong, i got a ride myself and love borrowing the parents Honda xr4 or whatever the heck its called. I got a toyota previa that i lived in for 2 years...you saw that bucket, preme. half of old strut saw hobostyle 4 wheeling accomodations. but for real, i get much more satisfaction from commuting, transporting, wheeliing on the bicycle. most ladies that have ridden up on the handlebars have been all about romance later. and now that i got the bike trailer cart hookup, all the ladies are happy.

car of my choice would have to be some impala type bucket. yanktanks got a lot of flavor. i probably wouldnt drive it too much though

• Options

sweet! what year was that impala? Only thing I Dont like on it is the rims.

It was a '96 SS. The rims were the stock joints, and were the next thing that were going to be replaced when I decided I had to sell it. The guy I sold it to, a real estate broker in Vegas, put 22s on it and I think they might have been spinners.

The engine was insane though, a guy who builds engines for drag racers modified it, changed the gears and exhaust, all that shit. Hardest I ever drove it was 140mph, the guy I bought it from had the speedometer pinned once, which is about 170-180mph. No governor on the engine either.