Your whip...............

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    My next car will be a hydrogen driven car.

when will these be in production and available to the public w/ the infrastructure of fueling stations to support them?

Not before George W is gone. Or any other oil sheik boss. Honestly, I don't know about the US, but experts over here always stress how the US do not support hydrogene fueling at all. Don't know if that's true, but Europe is doing pretty well. Each large town and city has at least one fueling station. Cars are available for years now. By VW, Mercedes, BMW, Opel/GM, etc

Germany is pretty well supplied with fueling stations. And the German state supports hydrogene fueling financially. Cheap "dollar bin" hydrogene.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    My homie wrote this article recently on biodiesel vehicles. He drives a biodiesel converted '79 Benz that runs on used vegetable oil he picks up at local restaurants. He told me yesterday that he picked up 50 gallons from Cha Cha Cha on Haight.

He swears that this is the next big thing. Read that article--or at least skim it--and you'll probably think so, too. Willie Nelson's on board!

This is what inspired Willie Nelson to create BioWillie Diesel Fuel, his own line of biodiesel directed at truckers.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    zigzag, I agree w/ you philosphicaly and all but lets just consider that maybe these big black whip crakers are more nihilistic than you and figure "hey what the fuck, might as well burn up that oil till it's gone and worry about it later" also a valid outlook on life you know that old story about the 2 crikets or whatever, one works all summer and is set to make it through the winter while one plays all summer and will starve? Some like to save some like to play. You only live once. It's just 2 different ways to live your life, your choice no "rigth" or "wrong" on that.

WWJD? If you look at the morning commuters - 1 occupant per car, but they all need SUVs... sorry but that's the "wrong" choice. You're basically tripling the amount of money going to Exxon and the Saudis. Your nihilist angle puts you in with the Raptureready.com crowd.

Suburbans will literally cost $10 each in a couple of years. At least some of the old Mercs can be converted to biodiesel.

For the record, I drive a 94 Jeep Wrangler. The OG SUV. 4 cylinders, cheap, lightweight, can turn on a dime, and actually goes off road.

• My next car will be a hydrogen driven car.
    when will these be in production and available to the public w/ the infrastructure of fueling stations to support them?

Not before George W is gone. Or any other oil sheik boss. Honestly, I don't know about the US, but experts over here always stress how the US do not support hydrogene fueling at all. Don't know if that's true, but Europe is doing pretty well. Each large town and city has at least one fueling station. Cars are available for years now. By VW, Mercedes, BMW, Opel/GM, etc

Germany is pretty well supplied with fueling stations. And the German state supports hydrogene fueling financially. Cheap "dollar bin" hydrogene.

do you guys have any problems with you know, exploding cars? considering hydrogen is so combustible. i understand that gasoline is combustible but isn't hydrogen alot harder to handle and alot more needed for proper usage to fuel automobiles??

• I think we did this before, but I wanted to see some of the whips you guys have..........Represent strutters.

I used to drive a 94 Geo Prizm but I totalled it one rainy day on the way back from work. I miss that thing.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    fyi:

ford model t = 25 miles per gallon
    ford exporer = 16 miles per gallon

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

2006 Audi A4, me and Cas are officially big pimping. Bose stereo, anyone?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    My next car will be a hydrogen driven car.

do you guys have any problems with you know, exploding cars? considering hydrogen is so combustible. i understand that gasoline is combustible but isn't hydrogen alot harder to handle and alot more needed for proper usage to fuel automobiles??

Nah, not at all. They got special petrol pumps and the tanks inside the cars are totally safe. Even when you crash. No problem for the tank.
    I think that gasoline is a lot more danegrous at gas stations. There's fluid and gas at gasoline stations. The hydrogen is gas only, I believe. And I also think that it would just explode heavier. It wouldn't burn longer or more intensely?! You're not supposed to smoke at hydrogene stations, of course. But otherwise it's cool.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    My homie wrote this article recently on biodiesel vehicles. He drives a biodiesel converted '79 Benz that runs on used vegetable oil he picks up at local restaurants. He told me yesterday that he picked up 50 gallons from Cha Cha Cha on Haight.

He swears that this is the next big thing. Read that article--or at least skim it--and you'll probably think so, too. Willie Nelson's on board!

This is what inspired Willie Nelson to create BioWillie Diesel Fuel, his own line of biodiesel directed at truckers.

MAAAAAAAN, biodiesel stinks! If all cars were driven by biodiesel, you'd permanently smell old vegetable oil used for frying french fries (like at a McDonald's or so). That stuff is nasty!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

represent

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    WWJD?
    What if I don't belive in Jesus? And how does being a Nihilist put me in the same boat w/ a bunch of deluded ass Christians who think they are gonna be raptured? As human beings we have free will. While I concede that it is not good for the planet to drive an SUV I'm not gonna tell Supreme not to. I fully understand people who do not live for the future but live for now! It makes perfect sense. I don't chose to live that way but some do. be here now. The last drop of oil will be spend driving to the mall and then well see what happens. Humans don't have the right or entitlement to control the planet for ever, if we fuck it up and kill ourselves and most of the other life on this rock off so be it. The universe is gonna keep going no matter what we do. I really think a shit load of people need to die, we are overpopulated. Of course everyone is like not me! I don't wanna die, well guess what you or I might. I used to be real worried about the energy crisis but now I'm not so much. After like a year of worry I think I've come down on the side of do whatever the fuck you want and we as a group of animals will all be sorting it out when we run out of oil. War, famine, death: all the good stuff we haven't had in this country for too many years. It's time we realize that the security we have now won't last for ever. Welcome to real life like people live it everywhere else in the world outside of north america, western europe and the richest asian countrys.

• Or like we say: Daimler! People from the US still say they're driving Chrysler/Jeep/ Dodge. When in fact they're driving
    D-A-I-M-L-E-R-S

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    too bad i have to drive, would love to ghosty my shit into the lake.

i'm rocking the 92 chevy lumina EURO model. traded 3 records for it.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Sooks, your dad's pretty cool for getting you into the car habit. Those old MG's are nice as well.

Here's my current commuter...

Ill.

I drive a 97 Corrolla. About 105,000 miles and runs perfectly. It is equipped with absolutley nothing.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Or like we say: Daimler! People from the US still say they're driving Chrysler/Jeep/ Dodge. When in fact they're driving
    D-A-I-M-L-E-R-S

Sorry about that. Same goes for Mitsubishi then. Actually, I hate Mercedes-Benz. A really mean company. There are tons of crazy things they are doing! Did you know that they almost pay 0% taxes in Germany?

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

Ill.

I drive a 97 Corrolla. About 105,000 miles and runs perfectly. It is equipped with absolutley nothing.
    Its true... but yoyu get out of driving a lot of places cause your shit is equipped with nothing....

My next car will be a hydro as well right now I'm rocking one of these...

but black

It gets pretty good gas milage and runs real good

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    MAAAAAAAN, biodiesel stinks! If all cars were driven by biodiesel, you'd permanently smell old vegetable oil used for frying french fries (like at a McDonald's or so). That stuff is nasty!

So you think that french fries smell worse than diesel fuel or gasoline?

My man says this:

the tangy scent of burnt egg rolls from your exhaust pipe.

As a motorcyclist myself (51 mpg on the highway), many more smells reach my nose than when I'm in a car. I'd rather ride behind some egg rolls than a smokin' old beater.

• MAAAAAAAN, biodiesel stinks! If all cars were driven by biodiesel, you'd permanently smell old vegetable oil used for frying french fries (like at a McDonald's or so). That stuff is nasty!

So you think that french fries smell worse than diesel fuel or gasoline?

My man says this:

the tangy scent of burnt egg rolls from your exhaust pipe.

As a motorcyclist myself (51 mpg on the highway), many more smells reach my nose than when I'm in a car. I'd rather ride behind some egg rolls than a smokin' old beater.

Damn straight! My 96 Olds has a defect (built in, thanks Oldsmobile) where there's no option to recirculate the "inside" air in the car, so every time I'm behind a bus or tractor trailer, I'm choking on diesel fumes. French fry stank would be a HUGE improvement...

• Or like we say: Daimler! People from the US still say they're driving Chrysler/Jeep/ Dodge. When in fact they're driving
    D-A-I-M-L-E-R-S

Sorry about that. Same goes for Mitsubishi then. Actually, I hate Mercedes-Benz. A really mean company. There are tons of crazy things they are doing! Did you know that they almost pay 0% taxes in Germany?
    Wasn't calling you out- just stating that the Chrysler corp, viewed by most in the US as 'red white and blue' is really German-owned and assembles most of its vehicles in Mexico and Canada.

I've got a 1968 Merc and although it's remarkable to have factory parts available for such an old vehicle, the prices can be . MB has produced some great cars throughout their history and I find their engineering superior to anything produced domestically.

Most US corporations of Daimler's size pay little, if any tax as well.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    cars suck and are the modern scourge of the planet
    a sorely outdated technology [what 100 years old }
    SUVs Suck even more-especially BLACK ONES
    how fucking predictably macho
    People who find their identity in these tanks are lame and unthinking creatures -unconcerned with oil consumption or how many dead iraqi civillian/US G.I corpses=a Tank of gas for The Whip
    Grow Up
    Or admit you were sold a bill of really stupid goods by some car company/oil company
    IE; HALIBURTON/ROOT BROWN/CARLYLE GROUP/ROYAL DUTCH SHELL RAPES NIGERIA LISTEN TO YOUR FELA RECORDS/EXON/MOBIL ON AND ON

Sorry, chief, but some cars are cool as hell.

• thank you. I'm a damn car nut, and you can call me an idiot, but I guess spending $400 on a record is just as idiodic as loving cars. I can't see myself driving a POS, or at least something without any cred.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    People who find their identity in these tanks are lame and unthinking creatures -unconcerned with oil consumption or how many dead iraqi civillian/US G.I corpses=a Tank of gas for The Whip
    Grow Up
    Or admit you were sold a bill of really stupid goods by some car company/oil company
    IE; HALIBURTON/ROOT BROWN/CARLYLE GROUP/ROYAL DUTCH SHELL RAPES NIGERIA LISTEN TO YOUR FELA RECORDS/EXON/MOBIL ON AND ON

To each his own, please believe I'm totally not really into dropping $60 in the tank every other day!!!! It's just kind of hard when I have to go dj an event to load up 4 mackie monitors, two bass subs, at least 6 anvil cases of records, two turntables, mixer and cords, and sometimes lights and a friend or two in a geo metro a bicycle or catch a bus with this stuff! So before you go spoutin' off about cats you should know the deal before you speak because you could a bit off. I mean let's all be honest here, if you wanna discuss being foolish we ALL are! We spend absurd amounts of money on OLD pieces of plastic that only a handful of NERDS or WEIRDOS care about!!!!! Lol. Can I get a witness! On another note I remember I used to have an Audi FOX my very first car. It cost $12 to fill the tank and I only had to get gas once a week! Those were the days..............

• cars suck and are the modern scourge of the planet
    Grow Up

Sorry, chief, but some cars are cool as hell.

Were the hot Asian babes always standard with the Impala?

PS Isn't that Big Daddy on top???

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Grow Up

Yo, go battle Haliburton or GM, not the average motherfucker trying to live day to day.

And save your judgements for the mirror.

It's just kind of hard when I have to go dj an event to load up 4 mackie monitors, two bass subs, at least 6 anvil cases of records, two turntables, mixer and cords, and sometimes lights and a friend or two in a geo metro a bicycle or catch a bus with this stuff!

THANK YOU!

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    that chopped bug is cooooool

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Grow Up

To each his own, please believe I'm totally not really into dropping $60 in the tank every other day!!!! It's just kind of hard when I have to go dj an event to load up 4 mackie monitors, two bass subs, at least 6 anvil cases of records, two turntables, mixer and cords, and sometimes lights and a friend or two in a geo metro a bicycle or catch a bus with this stuff! So before you go spoutin' off about cats you should know the deal before you speak because you could a bit off. I mean let's all be honest here, if you wanna discuss being foolish we ALL are! We spend absurd amounts of money on OLD pieces of plastic that only a handful of NERDS or WEIRDOS care about!!!!! Lol. Can I get a witness! On another note I remember I used to have an Audi FOX my very first car. It cost $12 to fill the tank and I only had to get gas once a week! Those were the days..............

D00d... I'm sure you could put that fucking shit on HERE somewhere.

I hate hearing people preach like this...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Grow Up

what kind of clothes do you wear preacher man? or food you eat? the vinyl you spin is made of processed petrol dum-dum. PLUS, you've obviously never had a dope car, sucka... this was my first one, and i LOVE putting gas inside this bad boy.
    you sound just like this hardcore vegan (no disrespect) friend who always preaches about animal cruelty, between month-long cocaine/speed binges.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    "Were the hot Asian babes always standard with the Impala?"

No, it was originally latina babes!

• Options

"Were the hot Asian babes always standard with the Impala?"

No, it was originally latina babes!

Sadly enough, neither ever stood anywhere near mine....I sold this last year and miss it a lot this summer.

Now I drive a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, which gets me to my beach fishing spots just fine. Selling that soon too though, and am leaning towards a Wrangler a la the one called BigSpliff.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts