Satellite Radio: Sirius VS XM?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
What's the word? I want to put a new stereo in my car with a CD and a jack for an iPod, but should I get a Satellite rig?b,121b,121Can I get one that installs into the dash like a regular stereo?b,121b,121Can it also include a jack for an iPod, and a CD player?b,121b,121As for the services, which one is better?

Comments

• sirius is being taken over, if not already taken over, by XMb,121theres only one satellite service now, im pretty sure...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    And yeah, satellite is TOTALLY worth it. No advertising and stations dealing in specific genres.b,121PLUS Ali Shaheed Muhammed now how a hip hop show on friday nights on XM.

• Currently there are still 2 seprate services with separate satellites and no easy way to pull them together, just yet...prob in several years or so....But now you can get "best of" each on the other service (i.e best of Sirius on XM, best of XM on Sirius) for about $4 more a month, this is like 4-6 of the most popular chans. I am a die-hard Stern fan so I have had Sirius for about 3+ years now. I just got a new whip where my only option was XM and now have both. b,121b,121I have roughly the same type of stations programmed on both services (Soul, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Classic Rock, Metal, etc.) and I have to say the selection on Sirius is just plain better/I am on there more. While there is nothing too "deep" on either, with XM I just feel more like I am listening to safe and perdictable terrestrial radio. On Sirius tho a few times a month I will have a "ohhh shit, they are playing this??" moment. b,121 XM, currently.

• John McCain is confused by the idea of satellite radio.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    XMb,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21b,121b,121Only because I'm a huge Stern Fan. It's great that the two companies merged, eventually there will be one service with all the best programing. b,121b,121If you travel a lot or just drive a lot satellite is da bes!

• My wife and I love XM. We take a lot or road trips through the South where commercial radio blows and XM keeps us sane. We especially like the comedy channels, XMU (their college channel), Deep Tracks (has Bob Dylan's show) and their hip-hop and soul stations.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121My wife and I love XM. We take a lot or road trips through the South where commercial radio blows and XM keeps us sane. We especially like the comedy channels, XMU (their college channel), Deep Tracks (has Bob Dylan's show) and their hip-hop and soul stations.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121I've had Sirius for over three years now and img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/krusty.gif" alt="" 21

• Sirius is definitely better than XM. On sirius you got DJ Premiere every Friday night, DJ eclipse on Sunday DJ Jamad on Sunday...Plus Tony Touch, Grandmaster Flash, and Rude Jude is a funny MF.....Not to mention Stern's channels with Scotty Ferrall (shhhaaake it upppp).......Its a no brainer!!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, that lineup isn't really selling me.

• SIRIUS because of..b,121b,121STERNb,121PREMIERb,121ECLIPSEb,121b,121b,121My girl had the portable XM radio,and i used to listen to DJ SHAME's (Vinyl Reanimators) show all the time,but she got rid of it a couple months ago.b,121b,121I've got the SIRIUS boombox,but i don't listen to it,i just listen online,which you get free after you've bought the boom box..It's just like a throw in.

• wait, rude jude? whut teh fusk? isn't that the guy from jenny jones? hahahahahaha!