Shadow / Cage / Jello Biafra

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone heard this track yet?shall i post an mp3?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yes

haters, get ready

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    wow, no one begging yet?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I thought you were leaking the cast of next season's The Surreal World.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    Is Jello still going on about court cases from the 80s?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    no i'm ferreal...and i bet this is straight from the private mindgarden of one EL PEE.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Post deleted by Delay

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

only in this political climate.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    A nice little Shadow drum workout/execution of his ongoing Mantronix tribute, but was Biafra a necessity?

Who is this music made for? I don't sense backpackers, emo rappers, or college kids will buy it. Even in this political climate... well, maybe college kids?

...and the last line?!?!?!?!

• Is Jello still going on about court cases from the 80s?

Dead Kennedys on tour? I'd give a sizable gem to see Jello mud wrestle Klaus Floride while Gilman St. kids egged 'em on...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    another sample I was gonna use gone>

• Yeah, WTF?!? Doesn't he sound like Dose One at the end there? Like a lot of agit pop (hip hop), this doesn't move me... Jello sounds forced, like he was making room in his wallet to pay all his lawyer fees.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, mostly left me flat, but I did like the one verse visualizing life in the US military, and the beat was okey, with the video game sample somewhat effectively used.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    don't let this track fool you, most of the new cage record is surprisingly really good.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    don't let this track fool you, most of the new cage record is surprisingly really good.

I havent heard the track (dont have an MP3 player). But are you guys talking about John Cage or some other Cage?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Man, I am starting to have some serious concerns about your taste here--talking about the new Cage record is really good and trying to hate on Trillville!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    but was Biafra a necessity?

cosiggidy. Biafra sounds totally lame on this. Would be a pretty cool track were it not for his over-the-top imitations. I picture Cage and Shadow sort of half-heartedly giggling along as Biafra lays these vocals, both of them unable able to tell him how whack he sounds out of respect.

This joint reminds me of that El-Pee Vietnam song.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Man, I am starting to have some serious concerns about your taste here--talking about the new Cage record is really good and trying to hate on Trillville!

you're getting too predictable. as soon as i made this post i thought "fauxs gonna get at me the 'you like cage and not trillville! SUSPECT!' tip"

i don't know about getting all dressed up and going to the mall either

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the RJD2 beat on that new cage is a snoozer.

you're getting too predictable. as soon as i made this post i thought "fauxs gonna get at me the 'you like cage and not trillville! SUSPECT!' tip"

i don't know about getting all dressed up and going to the mall either

Maaaan, the mall is very important in Atlanta.

I don't know, in other places I imagine people go to the mall in order to buy new clothes. In Atlanta, we buy new clothes in order to go to the mall.

Well give me your number and I'll call (I'll call!)

And I'll follow that thang in the mall (in the maouwllooohyeeah!)

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    This cage song is quite stinky.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I swear that bed spring squeak had me bugged out for a while. Peachtree stand up.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

You ain't just clackin' your faucets: Whilst living in SC, my cronies and I used to periodically get out to Lenox Square for art supplies or Orange Juliuses or whatever, and no matter how we were dressed, we might as well have been barefoot and carrying some of those jugs with three Xs on 'em. It was like prom, but with a food court and with a faint odor of burnt hair wafting from the Regis hairstyling jernt. Dudes tailgating in in the parking lot. Chic-Fil-A looking all like a Maze after-party. Shit was coconuts.

Makes me wanna step, 'cause it's a Sunglass Hut

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

I havent heard the track (dont have an MP3 player). But are you guys talking about John Cage or some other Cage?

No Pi**r, this is not John Cage in being discussed here. Funny thing is most people probably thought you were joking but knowing you, I know it was a serious question. LOL

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    this track is doo doo.

In my extended 3 week stay in columbus mississippi the twice weekly visit to the mall was prom. dudes in shermer illinois just don't know. like visiting the velvet room in a white tee.

You ain't just clackin' your faucets: Whilst living in SC, my cronies and I used to periodically get out to Lenox Square for art supplies or Orange Juliuses or whatever, and no matter how we were dressed, we might as well have been barefoot and carrying some of those jugs with three Xs on 'em. It was like prom, but with a food court and with a faint odor of burnt hair wafting from the Regis hairstyling jernt. Dudes tailgating in in the parking lot. Chic-Fil-A looking all like a Maze after-party. Shit was coconuts.

Man, you don't even know the half: Lenox was the site of many of the Young Regatta's formative experiences. One time my best friend tried to holler at T-Boz there, all acting like he didn't know who she was.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Hilarious. Man, we used to LIVE in "The Gallery" - especially the food court.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    jello needs to go back to running for mayor and talking about how much he likes comets on fire.

the beat sounds like a robot pooping.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Man, you don't even know the half: Lenox was the site of many of the Young Regatta's formative experiences. One time my best friend tried to holler at T-Boz there, all acting like he didn't know who she was.

• but was Biafra a necessity?

cosiggidy. Biafra sounds totally lame on this. Would be a pretty cool track were it not for his over-the-top imitations. I picture Cage and Shadow sort of half-heartedly giggling along as Biafra lays these vocals, both of them unable able to tell him how whack he sounds out of respect.

Jello Biafra has got the most annoying voice in all recorded music and his political analysis is so insipid that I'm embarrassed when I agree with him. Which is fairly often.

That said, I think Shadow and Cage both get their shit off on this track.