Best requests you’ve gotten while DJing

2»

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    these get requested fairly often

- Guitar Ray "You're Gonna Wreck My Life"

I'd like to request... that you send this to my house

One of our regulars actually gave Cowbwoy enough money to buy two reissue 45s - one for himself, one for Cowbwoy to play at our gigs.

Then Cowbwoy found an OG.

I still don't have it in any format.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    John Prine at a wedding. I said I didn't have any. She said had the CD in her car and that she'd go get it. She brings me the CD and the only reason I'm even considering playing it is that the father of the bride is a big John Prine fan. So I ask her which song she'd like to hear. "The whole thing," she replies. I gave her one song and that was it.

Same wedding (and here's why I only do friend's weddings now):

Drunken 40 something woman: "Got any Italian music?"
    Me: "I've got some Sinatra and some Louis Prima."
    Drunken 40 something woman: "Got any Tony Bennett?"
    Me: "No."
    Drunken 40 something woman: "What kind of DJ are you anyhow!" and huffs off.
    She then proceeds to hit on the bridesmaids.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ay my first Memphis wedding the father of the bride asks for "Maybelline"...my first request of the night, I have been playing, oh 30-45 seconds...I tell him I dont have it and he gets kinda peeved "well you should its the bride's grandmother's name!"(I was told there would not be genealogy quiz, so I dont know what the fuck to say, also I am wondering what the hell I have gotten myself into) but nathaniel mayer's "village of love" was cued up next and I dropped it while pops and I were having our little exchange, and when it comes on the father says "oh this is a good one also!" and starts dancing with his wife...dodged that bullet.

***shit, not that it matters but it was the Grooms pop, not the bride...the bride was Asian, dont hink there are any folks born in Asia 75 years ago named "maybelline"

• Just got a request for the Love Joys this past Friday from a well informed women.

I get asked for particular styles of music from our regulars(ie: latin funk, roots reggae, rare groove) all the time - but never anything so esoteric and/or specific.

j

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    On Saturday a dude brought me a shot of Patron 'cause I played "Just A Little Bit," (cue eye rolling emoticon).

This HAWT bartender came up to me and said "You're making me feel like I'm thirteen all over again!" Sheeit girl, you like feeling like you're thirteen? Well then!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

This HAWT bartender came up to me and said "You're making me feel like I'm thirteen all over again!" Sheeit girl, you like feeling like you're thirteen? Well then!

Please to detail whereabouts of this bar/bar tender girl.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    seriously, there is this beautiful alien girl Erika with space dust disease and mercury deficiency who always asks for Bardot's "Contact"

That'd knock me out if some beautiful alien girl requested those kinda joints when I played a set. She sounds like a god send man.

Next time as soon as she walks in, just start spinning some Contact.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I used to get good requests from these two hot girls all the time. we eventually became friends, but I shitted all over that situation. when I met them they requested "action" as I had it qued. I was in the middle of some dancehall. so we got friendly real quick. I liked the one that didn't like me of course... by the time I switched to the other one she was engaged! whoops.

TAKE THAT SHIT TO DJANNA.COM, SON!

Some girls asked for Jay-Z's "Encore" and Kelis "Trick Me". I sharted a little bit and played 'em back to back. They saw the suprised look on my face and instantly replied "yeah, we aren't from around here...."

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I just noticed that I'm the only one with a ugly girl in his post....

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

Please to detail whereabouts of this bar/bar tender girl.

Fluid on Sat.