What did YOU learn at lunch today?

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
I learned that...b,121b,1211. My corworker is T.I.'s 3rd cousin.b,121b,1212. A badge, a gun and a pant suit drastically increase a woman's swoonworthiness.b,121b,1213. I love Amazon. (neither book- nor jungle-related)

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    1. the only supervisor i like is leaving for better opportunities outside of kaiser (lucky her!)b,121b,1212. my coworker is getting married on the same day as mr paycheck (just here in SF)b,121b,1213. im one of three people (out of two dozen) who will be interviewed for a senior staff position here (even though ive only been here for 2yrs and not the 5 they request). more work and responsibility and A LOT more money. my resume is good but my talking ability is even better. BRING ON THE INTERVIEW!!! i will crush those bitches...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,1213. im one of three people (out of two dozen) who will be interviewed for a senior staff position here (even though ive only been here for 2yrs and not the 5 they request). more work and responsibility and A LOT more money. my resume is good but my talking ability is even better. BRING ON THE INTERVIEW!!! i will crush those bitches...
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Knock 'em out the box, Jinxy!!b,121b,121Hey, did you get my "congratulations" text on baby Jinx day? I didn't post in the thread and I don't want you to think I forgot you!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    There is a new teller at my bank and she is FLY!!!!!!!b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" /1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I learned "Mexicali Rose" on my banjo while parked by the tide pools where I learned that even a pathetic attempt at an ocean breeze didn't do shit for this heat and i was right on the goddam water to.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121There is a new teller at my bank and she is FLY!!!!!!!
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Real headz know...b,121b,121I managed a crew of anywhere from 4 to 12 tellers for 10 yrs. However, I was VERY careful in my hiring practices because my friends and fam expected me to surround myself with nothing but fly womens. I showed them! My dudes were disappointed when they'd visit me at work though!b,121b,121Truth be told, it kinda helped me grow up at 22-23 in that I learned to hire based on what somebody brought to the table professionally.b,121b,121On a semi-related note, I promoted one of my hard-working employees today. Gave her an extra few G's a year too. The smile on her face made my day!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I learned the New Haven DMV is NOT REMOTELY quiet on a Wednesday.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    a property management computer program for a hotel will run you 20g's easy and thats not including hardware

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I learned "Mexicali Rose" on my banjo while parked by the tide pools where I learned that even a pathetic attempt at an ocean breeze didn't do shit for this heat and i was right on the goddam water to.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121learn this shit and I might be impressedb,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• I learned that:b,121b,121New Point of Sale system + Boss stuck in jury duty all week = Bookkeeping Nightmare + No Lunch. b,121b,121img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" /1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I beleive that was Earl Scruggs, who was a madman.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I learned that the Bangers & Mash at my local Irish pub is really rather tasty.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121a property management computer program for a hotel will run you 20g's easy and thats not including hardware
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121WOW! That sounds WAY too expensive. I sell these types of systems all day for a major company in the business. I can hook you up with one of my regional managers. Who quoted you? What kind of PBX do you have? What type of integration? How many ports? What PMS program are you using? The quote did not include hardware? Did they quote you for installation? Hit me on the PM and give me the details mayne.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I learned that b,121b,121...a co-worker has a sewing machine she doesn't want that is better than mine. yayb,121b,121...the "speed up" command on voicemail does not save me much time when dealing with annoyingly verbose blatherers.b,121b,121...it was beautiful outside and that I prefer cool weather over warm.b,121b,121...i need to ease up on the OCD, stop worrying about my stuff being out-of-order and just paint my damn place already.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121...it was beautiful outside and that I prefer cool weather over warm.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/word3rp.gif" alt="" /1 Today was the first bearable (cool-ish) day in SF in a long time.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    - Always replace fries with onion rings at A&W.b,121b,121- The A.B.N. album sounds even better screwed.b,121b,121- Getting paper towels out of bathroom dispensers with levers before you wash your hands is the way to go.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    1) Dos Pinas doesn't know how to make a fish burritob,121b,1212) You can't wire a single monitor switch to activate a door opener and operate as a rex switch with in prowatch because of continuity issues with the reader board. you either need a dual monitor to work each independently, a small relay board, or you just wire it as a f*cking rex switch and uncheck a little f*cking box on the goddamn prowatch software to pulse the strike upon a request to exit which eliminates the all time you wasted trying to find a short because you wanted one switch to do multiple things.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,1212) You can't wire a single monitor switch to activate a door opener and operate as a rex switch with in prowatch because of continuity issues with the reader board. you either need a dual monitor to work each independently, a small relay board, or you just wire it as a f*cking rex switch and uncheck a little f*cking box on the goddamn prowatch software to pulse the strike upon a request to exit which eliminates the all time you wasted trying to find a short because you wanted one switch to do multiple things.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Well, duh!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,b,121b,121Just before lunch today, I learned that:b,121b,121-You can change the home address on your driver's incredibly quickly at the Somerville (NJ) DMV. It took 5 minutes (sha-weet!!!).b,121b,121After lunch on today, I learned that:b,121b,121-Revisions that I must make to a journal article I have under review aren't as impossible as I thought. I had a really productive discussion with the journal editor, and he sounds like he wants to really publish the piece (despite some major pushback from one of the two reviewers).b,121b,121During lunch on Monday, I learned that:b,121b,121-The fly, big-bookie (ass-related) Latina medical assistant at my doctor's office has a 21-year old son (who works security at the hospital). Not that it makes me any difference, since I'm retired, but I was incredibly surprised. She's mad MILFY, but I digress.b,121b,121Peace,b,121b,121Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    that you cant buy single slipmats!!!!

• That i have the same "recognisable" (aka loud/deep) voice today as i did when i was in grade 4....scary...

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Tonight I learned that most people actually get lunch breaks. Weird.b,121b,121I already knew I could eat a burrito in 3 minutes while taking orders on the phone. Nothing new here.

• Today at lunch I learned a few Dreamweaver commands. I was working on homework.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    that the toasted almonds at starbucks are loaded with salt and cause of that lose their nutritional value. i know--why was i even there?b,121.b,121b,121and Iced tea is the deal.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I learned that this girl I've been talking to actually liked Pootie Tang. I think I'm gonna propose soon.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Tonight I learned that most people actually get lunch breaks. Weird.
    b,121
    b,121I already knew I could eat an overpriced cheese toastie in 3 minutes while updating 35 websites simultaneously. Nothing new here.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1