Philly beats Cleveland to catch 7th spot in the East
Cleveland sinking like the Titanic
Nets gaining on both of them
Don't forget about Boston
How the $%*& is Indiana winning??
The Knicks loosing 9 in a row!
No Shaq again?
Pistons play Miami Sunday on ABC for what could (will) be an EC finals preview
Will Minnesota sneak into the playoffs with w/ 6 games left?
Denver actin' real crazy!!
Golden State ties franchise record with 18 3s and beats Suns, despire Amare's 44 pts
Lakers beat Seattle?

TOO much to talk about right now!

Comments

• The Knicks loosing 9 in a row!

awesome. next stop: gerald green.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    The Knicks loosing 9 in a row!

awesome. next stop: gerald green.

[color:orange] YES PLAESE.

Scouting report sez:[/color]

[color:blue] NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady [/color]

[color:orange] Everything this kid does is silky smooth, even hard drives to the lane capped with the empathetic dunk seem easy... Has supreme athleticism, and gets many points off ally oop dunks as well as on drives to the hole... Has a very quick, effortless release on his jump shot. Combine that with great elevation and you have an almost unblockable shot... Most of the shots go in, in fact his jump shot from midrange to outside is one of his defining qualities... [/color] [color:blue] Loves to spot up for the open three, or stop and pop for the 15 footer... Overall just a sick scorer from outside ... Even At 6'8 he handles the ball like a guard, often starting (and finishing) the fast break... Loves to run the floor for the ally oop dunk, but also knows when to pass the ball... Most of those passes get right where they need to be ... However, those fast breaks don't just start themselves, Gerald is often the one creating the turnovers... His long arms and tremendous athleticism lead to lots of blocked shots and steals. Often creating the turnover, starting the break, and finishing with a monster dunk... Also rebounds exceptionally well for a guard/forward his size... The total package, an all around player who will do whatever it takes to win. There aren't many with his gifts at his size... With time and effort this kid will be something special. [/color]

• here's a more thorough scouting report ...

"Green is an all-around talent who has an impact on both ends of the court. He has learned to use both his physical gifts and his learned skills to maximize his performance.

Green possesses a fairly complete offensive game for a high schooler, although those skills are not yet polished, which is expected given his age and experience. In terms of his jumpshot, Green possesses range out to the NBA 3 point line. He has very good form on his jumper (although he does let his hand sag a bit, but that???s a minor technical point which very few will care about), gets good elevation on his shot, and can get it off very quick.

One on one, Green has become unstoppable at this level. The jumpshot described above forces defenders to play him up close, but his penetration abilities require them to honor any possible moves he makes. And he has a plethora of ball fakes, jab steps, etc. which he performs very smoothly. Once he has room, Green has a very quick first step which allows him to often blow by the first defender. When he is slashing, Green stays light on his feet and is able to stop quickly for a pull up jumper (which he isn???t perfectly consistent on, but has shown he can hit it). If not, he can certainly finish near the hoop.

Green has a solid handle for a player at his position. He isn???t talented at bringing the ball up (no primarily ball handling role for him), but he is able to control the ball when he is attacking the hoop.

Defensively, Green has the physical attributes to be an above-average defender in the NBA: good size at the SG/SF, above-average lateral speed, above-average wingspan, and great effort. His technique is not there yet, but with proper instruction he can be a good defensive player.

In terms of physical gifts, nothing is more shocking than Green???s athleticism. He can sky over the rim with relative ease, but that is not all. In addition to leaping high, he has impressive hangtime and a quick leap (especially important in game situations). He uses this athleticism in all facets of his game: from penetrating and finishing on offense to shotblocking on defense. For those who are interested in his dunking ability, Green has shown he is a force to reckon with in that regard, as he regularly throws down a wide array of impressive dunks (windmills, between the legs, soaring alley oops, etc.).

In addition to his leaping ability, Green is also a solid 6???8??? and possesses an above-average wingspan for a player of that size. Green still needs to develop physically, and needs to hit the weight room as well. He has a great build, and it appears that he should be able to add a good amount of muscle to his frame. However, it is important that he balances this so as to not lose any of his quickness."

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    here's a more thorough scouting report ...

"Green is an all-around talent who has an impact on both ends of the court. He has learned to use both his physical gifts and his learned skills to maximize his performance.

Green possesses a fairly complete offensive game for a high schooler, although those skills are not yet polished, which is expected given his age and experience. In terms of his jumpshot, Green possesses range out to the NBA 3 point line. He has very good form on his jumper (although he does let his hand sag a bit, but that???s a minor technical point which very few will care about), gets good elevation on his shot, and can get it off very quick.

One on one, Green has become unstoppable at this level. The jumpshot described above forces defenders to play him up close, but his penetration abilities require them to honor any possible moves he makes. And he has a plethora of ball fakes, jab steps, etc. which he performs very smoothly. Once he has room, Green has a very quick first step which allows him to often blow by the first defender. When he is slashing, Green stays light on his feet and is able to stop quickly for a pull up jumper (which he isn???t perfectly consistent on, but has shown he can hit it). If not, he can certainly finish near the hoop.

Green has a solid handle for a player at his position. He isn???t talented at bringing the ball up (no primarily ball handling role for him), but he is able to control the ball when he is attacking the hoop.

Defensively, Green has the physical attributes to be an above-average defender in the NBA: good size at the SG/SF, above-average lateral speed, above-average wingspan, and great effort. His technique is not there yet, but with proper instruction he can be a good defensive player.

In terms of physical gifts, nothing is more shocking than Green???s athleticism. He can sky over the rim with relative ease, but that is not all. In addition to leaping high, he has impressive hangtime and a quick leap (especially important in game situations). He uses this athleticism in all facets of his game: from penetrating and finishing on offense to shotblocking on defense. For those who are interested in his dunking ability, Green has shown he is a force to reckon with in that regard, as he regularly throws down a wide array of impressive dunks (windmills, between the legs, soaring alley oops, etc.).

In addition to his leaping ability, Green is also a solid 6???8??? and possesses an above-average wingspan for a player of that size. Green still needs to develop physically, and needs to hit the weight room as well. He has a great build, and it appears that he should be able to add a good amount of muscle to his frame. However, it is important that he balances this so as to not lose any of his quickness."

From what I've seen and read, this dude has an incredible amount of potential. Even in the post-Layden era, however, I am confident that the Knicks will wind up drafting a one-handed overweight Inuit or something. It's hard to have much faith at this point.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Pistons play Miami Sunday on ABC for what WILL[/b] be an EC finals preview

I can't see anybody else in the east getting past those two. Although watch those crazy Sixers if they get Detroit in round one... Detroit's better, but the Sixers have a lot of talent and they've shown that when thet're on their game they can play with (and beat) the Pistons. Wishful thinking on my part? Probably.

• From what I've seen and read, this dude has an incredible amount of potential. Even in the post-Layden era, however, I am confident that the Knicks will wind up drafting a one-handed overweight Inuit or something. It's hard to have much faith at this point.

don't be too sure. don't forget that isiah drafted the real tracy mcgrady back when drafting high schoolers was still considered a huge risk, so if gerald green is the next coming i'm sure isiah will have him on the radar screen. isiah also drafted damon stoudemire (don't front - he was rookie of the year and put up insane numbers then), marcus camby, traded for vince carter, and of course trevor ariza. he's got an eye for talent and if anything he'll go with the least conventional pick to keep the ny fans interested.

drafting green would also be the perfect reason to trade tim thomas' expiring contract (as if we needed another).

short of that, i have a feeling that hakim warrick is going to sneak into the top 10. he's real low right now because of what happened to syracuse in the tourney, but those in the know are going to put more stock in his performance in the big east tournament (he was unstoppable) than in one fluke game. i think he'll also start to shine in the predraft workouts. depending on where we draft and how he does, he could potentially be a nice SF for us. i wouldnt take him higher than number 7 though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Pistons play Miami Sunday on ABC for what WILL[/b] be an EC finals preview

I can't see anybody else in the east getting past those two. Although watch those crazy Sixers if they get Detroit in round one... Detroit's better, but the Sixers have a lot of talent and they've shown that when thet're on their game they can play with (and beat) the Pistons. Wishful thinking on my part? Probably.

That works with my scenario, except that in my NBA Mind Garden Philly draws Detroit, takes them out, and then the Celts take out Philly en route to the Finals...

although going out like suckers to Detroit today didn't feel too good...

But yo we got the SECRET WEAPON:[/b]

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Did you mean New Jersey? And hey, give it a few more games, and Boston will be battling Jersey in the first round. That is, if Vince can keep them winning, which would knock out Cleveland and possibly Iverson & Co.

So crucial right now...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Did you mean New Jersey? And hey, give it a few more games, and Boston will be battling Jersey in the first round. That is, if Vince can keep them winning, which would knock out Cleveland and possibly Iverson & Co.

So crucial right now...

yeah, I meant Jersey...even posted the pic from today, but I gotta flu that makes me feel shermanized, so I'm a little lost...
    Co-scion on letting Jersey take out the Dark Horses, although if they stay hot they can be a dark horse themselves...and Boston always has problems with them...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ATLANTA just beat Minnesota???

* Because I couldn't find a pic of KG trying to smash his own skull

• Sixers minus AI just took out the Wizards. With a little work and luck they could conceivably take the 3rd spot from Boston. Maybe I'm just dreaming...but it could happen.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Warriors, next year, watch out!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Warriors, next year, watch out! [/b]

Of course, after 11 years without a playoff birth, getting swept in the first round sweep as a 6th seed next year will feel like a national title to us Warrior Faithful. As for this year, I'm looking for the come-from-behind edging out of the Lakers followed by a festival of schadenfreude (we're only 3 games behind and on a roll).

• Warriors, next year, watch out! [/b]

Of course, after 11 years without a playoff birth, getting swept in the first round sweep as a 6th seed next year will feel like a national title to us Warrior Faithful. As for this year, I'm looking for the come-from-behind edging out of the Lakers followed by a festival of schadenfreude (we're only 3 games behind and on a roll).

I never happened to be a Warrior fan (even in the RUN TMC days), but damn, if I was, I'd be GEEKED right now. Did I just see that score right? Spurs 136 - Warriors 134 in Double OT? Fans must have got their money's worth. Those dudes have been hanging with, if not beating the best teams in the league for a while now. If the Warriors were in the playoffs, they'd be the team everybody would be afraid to play. That front office should be SLANGIN season tickets for next year right about now. The new Suns in '05-'06...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Warriors, next year, watch out!

man, that game tongight was

went to the game against the suns (first nba game ever actually) and i'm now a believer.

they seriously do remind me of the suns. lot of young players, energy, fast paced, all anchored by one of the league's best PGs. more of an offensive threat than nash, although i sometimes think baron shoots too much but hey we're winning.

• Man, this losing streak from the Wizards has me blown. I'm fucking fed up with Kwame Brown. He should be pulling a lot more weight on this team by now. This team is a piece or two from being in the elite of the league as long as they can keep Hughes. Too bad they don't get more shine, because they are fun to watch when they're on point.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    yeah, i was at that game on friday night... i predicted 300 pts scored total but came away with a W's win so i was stoked. although my boy Adonal got posterized like 3 times by amare.

adonal came through in a big way that game. 17 rebounds?! dude was keeping balls alive w/ the offensive boards etc, blocks... thats the dude.

i'll be at that portland game this coming friday.

fucking warriors. can i live?

-rich

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm fucking fed up with Kwame Brown.

i'll trade you Devean George & Slava Medvedenko.....or Chuky Atkins & Luke Walton.........basically you can have anyone on my roster except,Kobe,Caron and Mihm.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

I never happened to be a Warrior fan (even in the RUN TMC days), but damn, if I was, I'd be GEEKED right now. Did I just see that score right? Spurs 136 - Warriors 134 in Double OT? Fans must have got their money's worth. Those dudes have been hanging with, if not beating the best teams in the league for a while now. If the Warriors were in the playoffs, they'd be the team everybody would be afraid to play. That front office should be SLANGIN season tickets for next year right about now. The new Suns in '05-'06...

Yep- you read that score right, but you might have missed the line ups. Spurs missing: Tim, Rasho, and Manu. Warriors missing: nobody. Spurs were coming off a double OT from the day before, and Warriors were fresh. Spurs were on the last day of a three game road trip, Warriors were at home and coming off one of the most momentum building streaks of the season. Yeah, the Warriors are looking good, and who knows what next season might hold, but as for last night, I would have to say that the Spurs pulled a miracle win that nobody expected them to get- anouncers (for whatever their opinion is worth) were making jokes at the beginning of the game about how the Spurs were playing as if they thought they might win... they did. If the Spurs bench can beat one of the hottest teams in the league of the past few weeks, then full strength...

• I'm fucking fed up with Kwame Brown.

i'll trade you Devean George & Slava Medvedenko.....or Chuky Atkins & Luke Walton.........basically you can have anyone on my roster except,Kobe,Caron and Mihm.

I say trade them all for KG. KG & KB together would be unfuckwitable.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

I say trade them all for KG. KG & KB together would be unfuckwitable.

not gonna happen

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Yep- you read that score right, but you might have missed the line ups. Spurs missing: Tim, Rasho, and Manu. Warriors missing: nobody. Spurs were coming off a double OT from the day before, and Warriors were fresh. Spurs were on the last day of a three game road trip, Warriors were at home and coming off one of the most momentum building streaks of the season. Yeah, the Warriors are looking good, and who knows what next season might hold, but as for last night, I would have to say that the Spurs pulled a miracle win that nobody expected them to get- anouncers (for whatever their opinion is worth) were making jokes at the beginning of the game about how the Spurs were playing as if they thought they might win... they did. If the Spurs bench can beat one of the hottest teams in the league of the past few weeks, then full strength...

yeah, BUT they beat the suns twice, the kings twice, the sonics, rockets, and a bunch of others over the past few weeks. that to me says

yeah they lost to a battered spurs team but that's the thing about basketball, shit can fluctuate so much on any given night. i think the past month says a lot more about the warriors than last night's lost.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

WORD.

• Don't infer from my statement that I would want to trade him for any of those bums on the Lakers. I feel bad for Kobe, because I don't see any way for them to improve in the short term. Kwame has shown fleeting moments of "getting it" but in general I don't think he's ever going to be an All-Star caliber player. If we could get someone else to step up so that I don't have to see 25 minutes of Michael Ruffin a night, I'll be happy.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i think Kwame is Samaki Walker pt.2

the warriors are hot RIGHT NOW. reality will sink in next year when Baron goes down for his annual 30+ game injury, along with a squandered draft pick. then the warriors have to do their mid season fire sale like they always do. PEOPLE!! PLEASE believe me, i have tried SO hard over the years to respect this franchise but they just suck. dont know if its a curse or what.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i think Kwame is Samaki Walker pt.2

the warriors are hot RIGHT NOW. reality will sink in next year when Baron goes down for his annual 30+ game injury, along with a squandered draft pick. then the warriors have to do their mid season fire sale like they always do. PEOPLE!! PLEASE believe me, i have tried SO hard over the years to respect this franchise but they just suck. dont know if its a curse or what.

mullin knows what's up

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

yeah, BUT they beat the suns twice, the kings twice, the sonics, rockets, and a bunch of others over the past few weeks. that to me says

yeah they lost to a battered spurs team but that's the thing about basketball, shit can fluctuate so much on any given night. i think the past month says a lot more about the warriors than last night's lost.

Agreed. My comment was a direct response to Jaybreezie saying that Warriors fans ought to be amped about last night's game. IMO last night said a lot more about the Spurs than it did about the Warriors, not to take away from how well they have been playing in the past month at all. In fact, I used their outstanding performance as a basis for my argument, not an opposition to it. For obvious reasons (Spurs), I couldn't be happier that the Warriors beat the Suns twice. Even w/o Tim for the past 2 weeks San Antonio still has a chance at first seed!

• Warriors, next year, watch out! [/b]

Agreed. My comment was a direct response to Jaybreezie saying that Warriors fans ought to be amped about last night's game. IMO last night said a lot more about the Spurs than it did about the Warriors, not to take away from how well they have been playing in the past month at all. In fact, I used their outstanding performance as a basis for my argument, not an opposition to it. For obvious reasons (Spurs), I couldn't be happier that the Warriors beat the Suns twice. Even w/o Tim for the past 2 weeks San Antonio still has a chance at first seed!

Yeah I didn't realize how short-handed SA was until I read the box score today. That DOES make them scary! I'm not up on the stats for this season, but I remember a few years back something that said teams playing the second game of back to back games, no matter home or road, lose something like 75% of the time. Makes things all the more impressive...