Weird Disco 12" ???

devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
The other day I bought a weird disco 12" i had never seen before (I am not a big disco collector). The track is called 'No Music' by The Now Band (Randy Muller) and it is on a label called Scorpio. No date. The song has a pretty minimal drum track with a 'We dont make no music' chant with kazoos. The B-side is the instrumental and sadly sans the kazoos. I tried to google it and couldn't find anything. Is this the same Randy Muller from Brass Construction? Any one ever encountered this song before? Thanks in advance for any insights...b,121b,121-Marty

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Paging Icon.

• sip o the juice por favor?

• iconicon 86 Posts
    I don't know this particular 12" but Randy Muller was in Skyy and there was a song on the album Skyyport called No Music that sounds like what you're talking about, "We don't need no music cause all we want to do is sing and dance and party down..."b,121b,121Is this the same thing?

• ahhh! well, i just listened to the skyy song 'no music' and it is the same song on the 12" in question. Although I am not certain that they are the EXACT same versions. My version must be some club mix cover or bootlegged version of the same song... I thought the song sounded vaguely familiar, but was perplexed when i couldn't find any info about The Now Band... b,121b,121Thanks for the information!b,121b,121-Marty

• If it's on Scorpio out of Canada then it is a studio band version of the tune - they did a bunch of releases (some with raps) covering U.S. disco hits.

• I remember this track... there used to be a show on CKLN in Toronto called Dave's Dance Music...were talking mid to late 80's, and he would have an oldies show once in a while, where this track was often played. I think I might still have a tape of his show with this track on it. I liked the breakdown were it was just the kazoos and the chant.