Peedi.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
Asshurt? Probably, but I still like it.b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

Comments

• Lawlz.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I thought Peedi killed it on the roots album. Im feelin this too.

• I don't know what went on (or didn't) between him and Jay... but despite the immense talent, dude hasn't come up with much more than a few mixtapes (only one of which to my knowledge wasn't partially recycled from others). He had a pretty mediocre crossover single making the rounds about a year ago. It could be that Roc-A-Fella wouldn't let him be his true self in the booth, but for my money, I'd bet there's plenty of blame in North Philly too.b,121b,121I'm rooting for the guy, but damn. This is funny and all but I'd much rather hear an actual RECORD.

• I think I heard some new joint over the weekend that was dope, or at least something he appeared on. b,121b,121KMEL was killing me with all the new DOPE joints Saturday night..

• i ride for dude too, original voice and delivery.b,121b,121 it's crazy seeing beanie (who was the most original sounding dude to me in 99) introduce freeway, who we all know is as distinct as it gets who in turn introduces peedi who sounds nothing like the other 2.b,121b,121b, 21cant wait for a real album from dude, jay keeps dropping the ball on a lot of shit. peedi works in the club (verse on "flipside" is as good as freeways) and the skreets (that street single from like 04')b,121b,121b,121b,121peace,xavier

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I think I heard some new joint over the weekend that was dope, or at least something he appeared on.
    b,121
    b,121KMEL was killing me with all the new DOPE joints Saturday night..
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121More Towels? b,121b,121a href="http://www.thefader.com/articles/2008/9/15/freeload-peedi-crakk-more-towels" target="_blank"1http://www.thefader.com/articles/2008/9/15/freeload-peedi-crakk-more-towels/a1b,121b,121I'm loving the SHIT outta this cut.

• Nope, that isn't it. oh wellb,121b,121they also played a new B-Legit track, dude was rapping over some jheri curl heat. so dope.

• Peedi is a monster.b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121b,121him and this guy are killing Philly....b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    Recent interview where he talks about the Rocafella situation:b,121b,121"Peedi: That was crazy. I did everything I was supposed to do. I never was on their business schedule. I was on my own clock. Then I started to tighten up and get adjusted more to meeting the deadlines and all that. But the album was there. The single was there. I just don???t think Def Jam or Jay-Z was pushing an artist like myself. But I can???t even take it personally because they wasn???t pushing nobody???s s**t.b,121b,121I just feel like I didn???t get a fair shot. I didn???t get a fair run or at least the shot everybody thought P. Crakk deserved. I???m not the type to cry over spilled milk. S**t like that just made me stronger. I never believed in giving up or letting anybody else make me or break me. Me being in this position that I???m in now is going to make me the artist that I???m destined to be. I can???t reach my best with multi-million dollar people holding me down. When I say holding me down I mean having them as my backbone. I need to grow [on] my own. I just took it all as a blessing man.b,121b,121AllHipHop.com: Given your prior relationship with Jay-Z, did you expect more from them than what you were given?b,121b,121Peedi: Yeah, I did; instead of them handling me like a new artist that was just signed that an A&R had brought to the table. I was there for a while already. With him knowing what type of person I am already, knowing the type of artist I am already, at least looking at it business wise, he would???ve gave me a fair shot. I can???t really answer the question as to why he did that or why he made the decisions he made. I can give you a whole bunch of ???ifs??? and ???maybes??? but I really have no idea. I just know what didn???t happen and I know what I did. I played my part. I did what I had to do."b,121b,121a href="http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2008/09/26/20530993.aspx" target="_blank"1Peedi ALLHIPHOP interview/a1

• i swear i love philly hiphop....its like 50 dudes that all spit 100 bar youtube freestyles wit no chorus that are better than anything you hear on the radio..crazy....and 40 of those dudes are locked up at any given time...b,121b,121and 45 of those dudes dont get along with any of the other 50 dudes..

• img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" /1 ....not the song, but the sentiment. he fits the profile of someone who could have blown up commercially if given the right promotion. not sure who is to blame though, peedi's had some guest appearances on r&b songs that were pretty bad.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I think I heard some new joint over the weekend that was dope, or at least something he appeared on.
    b,121
    b,121KMEL was killing me with all the new DOPE joints Saturday night..
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121More Towels?
    b,121
    b,121
    /a1
    b,121
    b,121I'm loving the SHIT outta this cut.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121CAS was playing this at his house the other night drunk as F*ck.....

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121i swear i love philly hiphop....its like 50 dudes that all spit 100 bar youtube freestyles wit no chorus that are better than anything you hear on the radio..crazy....and 40 of those dudes are locked up at any given time...b,121b,121and 45 of those dudes dont get along with any of the other 50 dudes.. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121LIKEWISE AND BINGO!!!!!!b,121b,121PHILLY ITH TEH NEW [OLD]NEW YORK AND SHIT

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    /font1
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    LOL, Scratch is doing another record? His CD is available on Amazon for 17 cents (no lie).

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    I think I heard some new joint over the weekend that was dope, or at least something he appeared on.

KMEL was killing me with all the new DOPE joints Saturday night..

there is the Peedi track on my mixtape in the First In Flight thread?

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...e=1#Post1281141
    and massive co sign n his roots verse, crazy stuff

• i swear i love philly hiphop....its like 50 dudes that all spit 100 bar youtube freestyles wit no chorus that are better than anything you hear on the radio..crazy....and 40 of those dudes are locked up at any given time...

and 45 of those dudes dont get along with any of the other 50 dudes..

And the thing about it is each one of those guys has his own style that sounds like no one else. Looking back on it I realize that State Property was a microcosm of the diversity in Philly rap. I'm waiting on the day I can hear albums not just mixtapes from Sandman, Roscoe P. Coldchain, and Ab-Liva. I'm convinced that a Premier produced Roscoe P. Coldchain would be a classic.