Black people...

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121When was the last time you ate dinner at a BLACK household?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,1212 years ago.b,121b,121Just drinking, every Friday for the last 3 years between March & July.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121ha! Funny story, I carpooled the other day with some strangers and the driver, a White woman, turned and said something like this to me, "I don't mean to be rude, but you're the first black person to ever drive in my car. Times are changing aren't they?"
    b,121
    b,121I almost choked trying to swallow my tongue.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121"Yes Miss Daisy...."
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You're right, I shoulda called her a "trailer park trash hoe."

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121ha! Funny story, I carpooled the other day with some strangers and the driver, a White woman, turned and said something like this to me, "I don't mean to be rude, but you're the first black person to ever drive in my car. Times are changing aren't they?"
    b,121
    b,121I almost choked trying to swallow my tongue.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121How OLD was this woman? She'd have to be John McCain or Methuselah's age, to make some remark like that. Any younger, and she's probably got problems she ain't never even HEARD of...
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121She was no older than 60, and that's the top end. My guess, maybe 55 or so.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    "I don't mean to be rude" is usually followed by something rude. Go figure!b,121b,121The next time somebody starts something by saying "I don't mean to be rude..." it is best to cut them off by saying "then don't."

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    recently at a staff meeting at the school i used to work atb,121b,121this snug french bastard talking about updating badly printed B/W kids photos for the hall monitorsb,121b,121"these pictures are so badly printed they all look like little africans...i love africans dont get me wrong"b,121b,121its even worse coming from a Fran??ais well-educated colonialist

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121this thread is better than the White people thread...the other one is too pussy-- talkinbout soap and butts.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif" alt="" /1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121^^^^Doesnt use soap or a washcloth^^^
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121^^^^CREEPY and NOT MARRIED^^^^
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Divorced and Emancipated... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" /1

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Man and I have had to listen to some of the most f*cked-up comments on black people more in the past two weeks than in our whole lives when people hear the neighbourhood we're moving to. Until 15-20 yrs ago it was predominantly white and now it's mixed income and demographic, leaning to lower- to middle-class W Indian, African and South/Central American families. I am talking everything from people affecting hand-gestures, a silly walk and yo-yo-yo to "yes, that neighbourhood has really gone downhill." My Moms and I sat in silent shock at the lawyer this morning as he broke it down for us like he was teaching some anthropolgy class circa 1860. I am about to lose my shit.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Man and I have had to listen to some of the most f*cked-up comments on black people more in the past two weeks than in our whole lives when people hear the neighbourhood we're moving to. Until 15-20 yrs ago it was predominantly white and now it's mixed income and demographic, leaning to lower- to middle-class W Indian, African and South/Central American families. I am talking everything from people affecting hand-gestures, a silly walk and yo-yo-yo to "yes, that neighbourhood has really gone downhill." My Moms and I sat in silent shock at the lawyer this morning as he broke it down for us like he was teaching some anthropolgy class circa 1860. I am about to lose my shit.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You shoulda buss a cap in his ass. Ask Batmon.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Man and I have had to listen to some of the most f*cked-up comments on black people more in the past two weeks than in our whole lives when people hear the neighbourhood we're moving to. Until 15-20 yrs ago it was predominantly white and now it's mixed income and demographic, leaning to lower- to middle-class W Indian, African and South/Central American families. I am talking everything from people affecting hand-gestures, a silly walk and yo-yo-yo to "yes, that neighbourhood has really gone downhill." My Moms and I sat in silent shock at the lawyer this morning as he broke it down for us like he was teaching some anthropolgy class circa 1860. I am about to lose my shit.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Your neighborhood sounds ghetto.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121and this is toronto the most diverse city in the worldb,121b,121same thing here in MTL...this school is mostly 60% "diverse" (including french canadians) and 40% french immigrantsb,121b,121how many anti-quebec, only french parents know how to raise theirs kids, les arabes comments i had to endure while drinking water in the teachers lounge is astoundingb,121b,121but the staffing is MIXED...eversince goverenment law (subsidies) have existedb,121b,121Its a shame to say but I have learned all too well from my dad (went to court for discrimanation against his former employee:the human rights comitee) in the 80s)b,121b,121I will get my college teaching position affirmative action style...it will be shameful but when i get my permanance img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dominoes22.gif" alt="" /1b,121b,121seriously there are 5 black teachers in all 4 MTL universities and I wish I was exagerating or making that upb,121b,121african studies dept discuss...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121this thread is better than the White people thread...the other one is too pussy-- talkinbout soap and butts.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif" alt="" /1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121^^^^Doesnt use soap or a washcloth^^^
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121^^^^CREEPY and NOT MARRIED^^^^
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Divorced and Emancipated...
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" /1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Your neighborhood sounds ghetto.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121She sounds non-White.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121out of curiousity, what place in toronto is this? reminds me of how people describe etobicoke

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121out of curiousity, what place in toronto is this? reminds me of how people describe etobicoke
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121lol - bingo!b,121b,121Jane and Lawrence.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Yeah, but truth be told. Move into any ethnic background neighbourhood and if you look like one of them, you'll hear what they really think of other backgrounds in "their" neighbourhood.b,121b,121I think the only answer is for you to sell urplace and move back downtown img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1b,121b,121We can be neighbour's and our kids can grow up together and be best friends!

Fack - I look nothing like any of these shit-talkers. They're coming at me like they're teaching me something I don't know or realize, kinda like a "be careful!"

lol - ok, but I'm going to have to borrow some kids first.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121snug french bastard
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121How does one identify such a person? By his tight white jeans?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121snug french bastard
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121How does one identify such a person? By his tight white jeans?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121actually tight blue jeans with a sports coat and the worst glasses (i want to be a writer but i am a43 year old hall monitor that tries to look classy and got this job not because of my oppresive attitude towards children and africans but mostly becasue i am an ex-pat (that thinks like the snug french bastards that are principals of this "institution")

• This thread gives me the 'itis'. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headz.gif" alt="" /1

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121This thread gives me the 'itis'.
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headz.gif" alt="" /1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/590.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/590.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/590.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,b,121b,121I'll chime in as one of the "Black folks" on the 'Strut. Here are comments that some Whites make that piss me the fusk off:b,121b,1211. You're not like... (y'all know the rest).b,121b,121-Always, I consider being a smart-ass and asking, "What are Black people like?" I imagine some White people have very distorted views of Black folks. Most Black people I know (and people in general, for that matter) are hardworking, law-abiding citizens that want peaceful and prosperous lives for themselves and their families. I guess the evening news and other negative stereotypical media sources contribute to exaggerated views of Blacks.b,121b,1212. I better watch it, you might tell some of your "friends from the ghetto" to get me.b,121b,121-Um, I grew up in a middle-class setting. Contrary to some White people's opinions, not all Black folks come from the ghetto. Plus, they don't realize that although I have a PhD, I could beat the shit out of them myself. Don't let the slacks and sportcoat fool you!!!b,121b,1213. You spoke so well.b,121b,121-Well, I have a doctorate degree so how should I speak? What do they expect, some ole' Buckwheat-esque gibberish to come out of my mouth? I guess all Black people sound like (some) boxers' post-fight interviews.b,121b,1214. It's really diverse around here.b,121b,121-That would be fine if the racial composition of the context in question bore this out; however, usually, they say this in a place where you cannot find a non-White person within 1,000,000 miles. I guess they think saying the word diversity begets diversity.b,121b,1215. Well, being a sexual minority (gay or lesbian), I can relate to your experiences as a (racial) minority in America.b,121b,121-This statement, in my humble opinion, is utter BULLSHIT!!! The difference is that sexual orientation is an invisible status (unless one behaves stereotypically gay/lesbian) while race, in my case (since I'm a dark mofo), is visible as hell! I can't conceal my race when I enter a room while a person can CHOOSE to reveal his/her sexual orientation. Not to play the "I'm-more-disparaged-than-you" game, but I find it difficult to cast the two issues as equivalent. I don't mean to minimize the discrimination faced by gays/lesbians, but racial and sexual orientation discrimination are cousins not identical twins.b,121b,121Now, I'll point out some White "mannerisms" that are off-putting.b,121b,1211. "The shiver"b,121b,121-This response occurs when you go for an interview, and the interviewer didn't expect me to be Black. The reaction, in my mind, says "Oh my, you're Black!"b,121b,1212. "The nervous smile."b,121b,121-This happens in elevators where it's just my big, Black ass and a White woman. The gesture comes across as "Please don't hurt me." My thought in this case is usually something like, "Don't worry, your old, crusty ass has nothing I want."b,121b,1213. "The treatment."b,121b,121-The usual scenario involves an interaction with some merchant. Given that I'm not a flamboyant kind of fellow, I usually look rather non-descript. The assumption is that I don't have much, so I'm not worth the time to provide high-quality service. Or, the reverse occurs at times when they watch my ass like I'm "Sticky Finguz" or something. When they ask the survey questions for customer tracking (e.g., profession) at the register and I say "Professor," then they get all friendly and shit. The same thing happens during instances when they have to run credit. What, all Black folks have fusked-up credit or something?b,121b,1214. "Shock and awe."b,121b,121-I run into this when I display acts of gentility such as saying "Pardon me, sir" or holding the door for an older lady. The response typically involves a "thank you" with a look of shock on their faces, as it is "other-worldly" that I showed them some common courtesy. What did they expect, that I would point a gun at them and rob them, or maybe something like "Get out the way, muthafucka"? Or, are Black folks considered as generally rude? I haven't figured out this reaction.b,121b,121Peace,b,121b,121Big Stacks from Kakalak

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Hey,
    b,121
    b,121Now, I'll point out some White "mannerisms" that are off-putting.
    b,121
    b,1211. "The shiver"
    b,121
    b,121-This response occurs when you go for an interview, and the interviewer didn't expect me to be Black. The reaction, in my mind, says "Oh my, you're Black!"
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    Pre-conceived notions are colorblind...I recently interviewed a young lady who's resume preceded her with what I assumed was a very Eastern Euro name(Younovich). When she arrived at my office and I see she is Asian, I did indeed think to myself "Damn, I wasn't expecting this". Winds up her name is strictly Thai and she claims anyone else with that name is also Thai and a relative.b,121b,121b,121I'll never forget the time I was pulled over by a black police officer who asked me if I had ever been to prison....when I replied "No" he looked at me increduously and asked "Never??"/b1 b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,1214. "Shock and awe."b,121b,121-I run into this when I display acts of gentility such as saying "Pardon me, sir" or holding the door for an older lady. The response typically involves a "thank you" with a look of shock on their faces, as it is "other-worldly" that I showed them some common courtesy. What did they expect, that I would point a gun at them and rob them, or maybe something like "Get out the way, muthafucka"? Or, are Black folks considered as generally rude? I haven't figured out this reaction.b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121 I get this same exact reaction, usually from women who I will hold a door open for....I think it's more of a testament of how this type of courtesy is becoming obsolete rather than what you and I look like....at least I hope so./b1 b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Hey,
    b,121
    b,121
    b,1211. "The shiver"
    b,121
    b,121-This response occurs when you go for an interview, and the interviewer didn't expect me to be Black. The reaction, in my mind, says "Oh my, you're Black!"
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    Pre-conceived notions are colorblind...I recently interviewed a young lady who's resume preceded her with what I assumed was a very Eastern Euro name(Younovich). When she arrived at my office and I see she is Asian, I did indeed think to myself "Damn, I wasn't expecting this". Winds up her name is strictly Thai and she claims anyone else with that name is also Thai and a relative.b,121b,121b,121I'll never forget the time I was pulled over by a black police officer who asked me if I had ever been to prison....when I replied "No" he looked at me increduously and asked "Never??"/b1 b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,1214. "Shock and awe."b,121b,121-I run into this when I display acts of gentility such as saying "Pardon me, sir" or holding the door for an older lady. The response typically involves a "thank you" with a look of shock on their faces, as it is "other-worldly" that I showed them some common courtesy. What did they expect, that I would point a gun at them and rob them, or maybe something like "Get out the way, muthafucka"? Or, are Black folks considered as generally rude? I haven't figured out this reaction.b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121 I get this same exact reaction, usually from women who I will hold a door open for....I think it's more of a testament of how this type of courtesy is becoming obsolete rather than what you and I look like....at least I hope so./b1 b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121u sound like a Mets fan

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Hey,
    b,121
    b,121
    b,1211. "The shiver"
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121u sound like a Mets fan
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121That's very PC of you. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,1214. "Shock and awe."
    b,121
    b,121-I run into this when I display acts of gentility such as saying "Pardon me, sir" or holding the door for an older lady. The response typically involves a "thank you" with a look of shock on their faces, as it is "other-worldly" that I showed them some common courtesy. What did they expect, that I would point a gun at them and rob them, or maybe something like "Get out the way, muthafucka"? Or, are Black folks considered as generally rude? I haven't figured out this reaction.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    I get this same exact reaction, usually from women who I will hold a door open for....I think it's more of a testament of how this type of courtesy is becoming obsolete rather than what you and I look like....at least I hope so./b1 b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121It's cause you look like the lost member of ZZ Topp. No offense.

Black FokL Play Lotto too much.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,1214. "Shock and awe."
    b,121
    b,121-I run into this when I display acts of gentility such as saying "Pardon me, sir" or holding the door for an older lady. The response typically involves a "thank you" with a look of shock on their faces, as it is "other-worldly" that I showed them some common courtesy. What did they expect, that I would point a gun at them and rob them, or maybe something like "Get out the way, muthafucka"? Or, are Black folks considered as generally rude? I haven't figured out this reaction.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    I get this same exact reaction, usually from women who I will hold a door open for....I think it's more of a testament of how this type of courtesy is becoming obsolete rather than what you and I look like....at least I hope so./b1 b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121It's cause you look like the lost member of ZZ Topp. No offense.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Billy Gibbons ZZ Top Guitarist = 5:8 135 lbs.b,121b,121Rockadelic = 6:4 275 lbs.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Poor FokL Play Lotto too much.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,1214. "Shock and awe."
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I usually give this response if i don't know the person, black, white, male, female whovever....ok, so maybe its not stunned mullet type of shock but not too many people open doors for strangers in my experience (i'm usually the one doing it)...so i may be overly appreciateive when i'm on the receiving end...am now hoping no one misread it as anything else.b,121b,121I also usually smile at people in elevators....uh-oh...