Andrew Zimmern

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
who here rides for him?b,121b,121some of the shit is tries looks really interesting! some shit looks really foul! i hate when he uses the word "gamy"b,121b,121all in all i ride for this show!!b,121b,121thoughts?

Comments

• its pretty bad ass how he can try the most foul looking shit and barely even look bothered by its tasteb,121he has an iron tongue.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    even when he tries something that he explains as the most disgusting thing he ever tasted he will take a 2nd bite!

• pros: b,121b,121he actually describes the tastes of what he's eating, unlike Bourdain who just goes "unnnghhh this is amazing"b,121b,121is hilarious when he keeps trying to eat durian and always pukesb,121b,121cons:b,121b,121is kind of douchey and sometime annoyingb,121b,121claims he will eat anything, but you know damn well he'll never eat dog on camera

• i think ive seen him eat some dog on there...or maybe it was bourdain?

/font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121pros:
    b,121
    b,121he actually describes the tastes of what he's eating, unlike Bourdain who just goes "unnnghhh this is amazing"
    b,121
    b,121is hilarious when he keeps trying to eat durian and always pukes
    b,121
    b,121cons:
    b,121
    b,121is kind of douchey and sometime annoying
    b,121
    b,121claims he will eat anything, but you know damn well he'll never eat dog on camera1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121i think he stated he would eat dog, but wont on the show due to animal right activists complaining!b,121b,121he said he would never eat a human though!

• I don't ride. I watched for a while, but I don't find it appealing to be watching some dude eat dicks. And then the same dude turns around and says horchatas are vile. I'm glad my palate isn't on his level.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I find the show somewhat interesting but Zimmern is the sort of ugly American that just likes to eat some strange shit. I'm more annoyed by him seeming more interested in people's odd foods than he does of having any cultural understanding of the people that regularly eat it.1b,121b,121I will give him points for facing the nastiest thing you've ever seen and you known it's going to taste like a burnt turd, but he still takes a giant bite. He doesn't nibble a crumb off the side, he takes a big bite then tell you it tastes just like a burnt turd and goes for another bite.

• I rides for that show but that Andrew Bordain's (spelling) show is way tight imo

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I find the show somewhat interesting but Zimmern is the sort of ugly American that just likes to eat some strange shit. I'm more annoyed by him seeming more interested in people's odd foods than he does of having any cultural understanding of the people that regularly eat it.1
    b,121
    b,121I will give him points for facing the nastiest thing you've ever seen and you known it's going to taste like a burnt turd, but he still takes a giant bite. He doesn't nibble a crumb off the side, he takes a big bite then tell you it tastes just like a burnt turd and goes for another bite.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121lately he has been focusing on a lot of other things besides the food and just the general culture of the country he is visiting. and he will eat burnt turds.b,121b,121i think Bourdain is a cock tho

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I find the show somewhat interesting but Zimmern is the sort of ugly American that just likes to eat some strange shit. I'm more annoyed by him seeming more interested in people's odd foods than he does of having any cultural understanding of the people that regularly eat it.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Really? It seems like his whole steez is actually the opposite of that: to truly understand people & their culture you have to be down to try the sort of stuff they eat on a daily basis, no matter how 'bizarre' it might appear to westerners. I always took his tone to be pretty celebratory, not so exploitative. b,121b,121Plus 'bizarre' as the show defines it isn't exclusively non-western. He's done episodes focusing on different parts of the US - NYC, Gulf Coast, Minnesota.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I don't find it appealing to be watching some dude eat dicks.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/funnypost.gif" alt="" 21

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I find the show somewhat interesting but Zimmern is the sort of ugly American that just likes to eat some strange shit. I'm more annoyed by him seeming more interested in people's odd foods than he does of having any cultural understanding of the people that regularly eat it.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Really? It seems like his whole steez is actually the opposite of that: to truly understand people & their culture you have to be down to try the sort of stuff they eat on a daily basis, no matter how 'bizarre' it might appear to westerners. I always took his tone to be pretty celebratory, not so exploitative.
    b,121
    b,121Plus 'bizarre' as the show defines it isn't exclusively non-western. He's done episodes focusing on different parts of the US - NYC, Gulf Coast, Minnesota.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121yeah. i think ur being a little too over-sensitive.b,121its not like he's eating the food saying, "wow, these people are freaks for eating this shit"b,121have u ever even watched the show?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I watch it often enough which probably makes me a fan of the show...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Zimmern > Bourdain

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    Bourdain b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121if you dont care about personality, likeablility, interesting non-food subject matter and interesting people, then yeah Zimmern is better than Bourdian in the short, annoying Uncle Fester dude eats dicks and rectums show category

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    Bourdain b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121if you dont care about personality, likeablility, interesting non-food subject matter and interesting people, then yeah Zimmern is better than Bourdian in the short, annoying Uncle Fester dude eats dicks and rectums show category
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121For real, Zimmerman is eating crazy schitt purely for shock value -- he doesn't know real cusine like the dude Bourdain.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    Bourdain b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121if you dont care about personality, likeablility, interesting non-food subject matter and interesting people, then yeah Zimmern is better than Bourdian in the short, annoying Uncle Fester dude eats dicks and rectums show category
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121For real, Zimmerman is eating crazy schitt purely for shock value -- he doesn't know real cusine like the dude Bourdain.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121buggin'

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    This thread is about to get gamey!

Zimmern is jovial and actually interested in foreign cultures for what they are on their own, opposed to Bourdain who is a complete tool that is only interested in foreign cultures as they pertain to him and how his association with them can further bolster his facade of an enlightened beatnik.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    Bourdainb,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I ride for both Zimmern & Bourdain.b,121b,121Zimmern's more amiable; Bourdain's more grumpy. Both shows are entertaining. And the eps when they appear on each other's shows are pretty cool.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Zimmern is jovial and actually interested in foreign cultures for what they are on their own, opposed to Bourdain who is a complete tool that is only interested in foreign cultures as they pertain to him and how his association with them can further bolster his facade of an enlightened beatnik.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121This is pretty much spot on.b,121b,121Can we talk about Padma Lakshmi vs Nigella now?

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Zimmern is jovial and actually interested in foreign cultures for what they are on their own, opposed to Bourdain who is a complete tool that is only interested in foreign cultures as they pertain to him and how his association with them can further bolster his facade of an enlightened beatnik.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dominoes22.gif" alt="" 21

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121The only time this "jovial" fusk made food remotely appetizing is when he consumed an entire roasted, Spanish piglet from top to bottom (head, ass, tail). I can't front, my mouf was watering.b,121b,121But typically, his show is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21b,121b,121b,121 img src="http://i.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0703/pon_bizarre_foods.jpg"1

• sorry y'all...this is like ylall trying to convince me that Winger is a better Hard Rock band than Van Halen because David Lee Roth has a big ego and pisses some people off...Bourdian's show and books are much more entertaining and interesting...Zimmern is a dud.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121For real, Zimmern is eating crazy schitt purely for shock value -- he doesn't know real cusine like the dude Bourdain.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121In the Jamaica episode Bourdain kind of played himself when he was like, "Wow, they serve the food w/ this fried bread I've never heard of called festival." He's never been to a Golden Crust before?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    ^^^ Identifies self as enlightened beatnik

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121The only time this "jovial" fusk made food remotely appetizing is when he consumed an entire roasted, Spanish piglet from top to bottom (head, ass, tail). I can't front, my mouf was watering.
    b,121
    b,121But typically, his show is
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121you sound like you just tried bacon last week!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"....fried bread I've never heard of called festival." He's never been to a Golden Crust before?1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121what?

Oh no, someone might want Mr. Enlightened Beatnik to dance with them...*saga continues with 15 minutes of airtime spent hearing Tony whine like a bitch about it*

• kemskems 120 Posts
    I for the most part enjoy both shows.1The premise of Zimmern's show is basically shock value, but i think some of the cats who posted before are right. He now seems to be getting a bit more into the culture of the places that he's in, but don't play yourself the show ain't shit if1he's not eating fermented yak dick in mediterranean gravy.b,121b,121However, Bourdain's show does show some really dope shit as well and i also dig it for the most part.1The time that he really came across as a dumbass is when he went to egypt and was in a cab trying to get the cab driver to agree with him that he shouldn't go to the pyramids because it's too touristy. And the cab driver was like hell no i go there all the damn time and the shit doesn't get old. I can't recall if1Bourdain ended up going or not, but he looked like a dumbass after his typical stupid rant.b,121b,121In the end both shows are pretty entertaining to me.