h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121this is dumb
    b,121
    b,121i dont care if1he mixes with a prolapsed anus on a washtub, he suxx bcuz of1the results, not the method. its all ADD-style super-obvious bullshit for ppl who are normally afraid to go to a club so they check him at an indie rock venue.
    b,121
    b,121no way no how no girl1talk
    b,121
    b,121also lmao @ the sexism upthread ... w2g guys, delegitimization the argument against him by saying only chix dig it
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Yeah, this dude is like Michael Phelps, and whatever you do is like basketball.1
    b,121
    b,121Hoop dreams.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Yeah, but I'm all-county. So don't tet.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121or even what songs you rock
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121orlyb,121b,121i happen to know several djs who manage to play good songs AND rock the crowd omg

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121this is dumb
    b,121
    b,121i dont care if1he mixes with a prolapsed anus on a washtub, he suxx bcuz of1the results, not the method. its all ADD-style super-obvious bullshit for ppl who are normally afraid to go to a club so they check him at an indie rock venue.
    b,121
    b,121no way no how no girl talk
    b,121
    b,121also lmao @ the sexism upthread ...1w2g guys, delegitimization the argument against him by saying only chix dig it
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Yeah, this dude is like Michael Phelps,1and whatever you do is like basketball.1
    b,121
    b,121Hoop dreams.1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121the last thing im doing is dreaming when his music plays, its like sugar-caffeine rush or something, in the worst way possible

• Girl Tank is one friggin lucky guy. He takes random songs slams them together with no regard for musically tonality or any sense of style or quality and the a href="mailto:f@#$%ing"1f@#$%ing/a11hipsters love1him. I know there are a lot of hipster DJs out there who mix Guns n' Roses with 50 Cent who suck as well but don't get any love. Girl tank is just a passing fad like hammer pants. he'll be gone tomorrow. He's lucky he hasn't been sued!

• His label did release the Steinski box set though. He must have some sense of where respects due.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    An armada of 'Strut hatteurs = he must be doing something right

• haven't even heard of him. and really don't even care enough to google. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerbang.gif" alt="" /1 when a group of girls talk amongst themselves, img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/walkawaysonfinal.gif" alt="" /1

• as a live dj i don't know. but i love the girl talk records. they're lots of fun. most people who hate girl talk have listened to a couple of minutes and said "this's not for me" fair enough, but hey your missing out on cassidy rapping over ace of base, and that's a sad day if you don't get that.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 hey your missing out on cassidy rapping over ace of base
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121I'll pass.

• saw a clip of him "making a song" and he said some dumb shit like "what I do is no different than a guitar player adding pedals to distort a riff that was probably first written by the beatles, that music is no more original than mine"b,121b,121whatever.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 no regard for musically tonality or any sense of style or quality
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

• However bad Girl Talk may be, Z- Trip is 1000 times worse.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121However bad Girl Talk may be, Z- Trip is 1000 times worse.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/walkawaysonfinal.gif" alt="" /1

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121z-trip rips it - or at least i've seen him rip it. AND with records and only a few premixed blends on a cdj well before girltalk.

• Uneasy listening is the worst thing I've ever heard.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Uneasy listening is the worst thing I've ever heard.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121^^^ hasn't been to the hollerboard

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 cassidy rapping over ace of base
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I dunno about anyone else, but to me, that kind of shit was entertaining about four or five years ago, when it was still kinda fresh. Once it reached the point where I'd heard that mix of Get Your Freak On over Back In Black almost as many times as I'd heard the o.g's, I'd had enough.b,121b,121If there are people out there who still enjoy it, then that's cool. I don't expect everyone to enjoy the same shit I like, so whatever. When this kind of thing is heralded as a masterpiece of bleeding-edge post-modern yada-yada what-have-you, then I start to have a more serious issue with it, because it isn't. No matter which way you slice it, it just isn't. If someone thinks my saying that makes me a hair-shirted musical snob and an enemy of fun, too bad. I take offence when some kid tells me that "you just don't get it", because, really, what's there not to get? What's it add to what's gone before, other than an ever-more-cheesy juxtaposition of records, as if that in itself was more important than the end-product? I don't much care for either Cassidy or Ace of Base, so I've no interest whatsoever in hearing a DJ/laptop jockey crowbar the two together, however briefly. But, as I said, if it works at a party for other people, fine. As for the earnest over-intellectualising of it, there's an old English expression that I often resort to when faced by this kind of flannel; don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 cassidy rapping over ace of base
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121I dunno about anyone else, but to me, that kind of shit was entertaining about four or five years ago, when it was still kinda fresh. Once it reached the point where I'd heard that mix of Get Your Freak On over Back In Black almost as many times as I'd heard the o.g's, I'd had enough.
    b,121
    b,121If there are people out there who still enjoy it, then that's cool. I don't expect everyone to enjoy the same shit I like, so whatever. When this kind of thing is heralded as a masterpiece of bleeding-edge post-modern yada-yada what-have-you, then I start to have a more serious issue with it, because it isn't. No matter which way you slice it, it just isn't. If someone thinks my saying that makes me a hair-shirted musical snob and an enemy of fun, too bad. I take offence when some kid tells me that "you just don't get it", because, really, what's there not to get? What's it add to what's gone before, other than an ever-more-cheesy juxtaposition of records, as if that in itself was more important than the end-product? I don't much care for either Cassidy
    or Ace of Base, so I've no interest whatsoever in hearing a DJ/laptop jockey crowbar the two together, however briefly. But, as I said, if it works at a party for other people, fine. As for the earnest over-intellectualising of it, there's an old English expression that I often resort to when faced by this kind of flannel; don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/know.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game.gif" alt="" /1

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Nah, I ain't having that. Even if you were to blame Z-Trip for spearheading (in part) the whole mash-up craze with "Uneasy Listening", I still don't hold with the blaming of the cat with the good/clever idea for the legions of unimaginative, lazy copy-cats that come in his/her wake.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ztrip is so much better than girl talk its not even funny

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    as usual doc mccoy dropping truth bombs

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"what I do is no different than a guitar player adding pedals to distort a riff that was probably first written by the beatles, that music is no more original than mine"
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121perfectly stated by someone with apparently no musical talent/knowledge. Now, he might in fact have some musical talent/knowledge, who knows, couldn't tell by the "music." Saying shit like that just makes you look like a complete douche.b,121b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121When this kind of thing is heralded as a masterpiece of bleeding-edge post-modern yada-yada what-have-you, then I start to have a more serious issue with it, because it isn't. No matter which way you slice it, it just isn't.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1

This is fucking diabolical.