Timbo jacking Aussie beats?

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
This is from an Aussie MC/Beatboxer/Bboy/Producer, Morganics, who does lots of work with disenfranchised youth around the country and lots of community projects etc. b,121Hes been around for a while, and aint the type to overtly self promote or bullshit...so his claims that Timbo jacked his beat is quite interesting and credible. What do Strutters think (with your highly developed ears for beats!)b,121b,121If Timbo jacked this str8 up its a slack move cus the ppl that worked on it aint really got shit....b,121b,121Interested ppls opinions on this.b,121b,121b,121 img src="object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    the same. only different.

• so Timbo heard it by way of working with M.I.A. on Kala?b,121b,121I actually don't hear the resemblance.b,121b,121Both are literally monotonous. There is no melody to judgeb,121b,121One sounds like a beatbox and didgeridoo.b,121b,121Timbo's drone sounds like the same brass patch as on the JT/Madonna hit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Timbo pitched it down. b,121This bloke needs to charge it to the game mate.

• THOE ANOTER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE MATEY

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121THOE ANOTER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE MATEY b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Go get some treatment for your dyslexia first. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehh.gif" alt="" 21 or update your aussie stereotypes... Dundee is so img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/latte.gif" alt="" 21 its all about Steve Irwin these days cobber.... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehhzu7.gif" alt="" 21b,121b,121b,121Back on the topic, I cant hear it too well at work, but the thing that stands out to me is the instrumentation, which sounds identical to me, and that shit can't just be 'resynthed' cause alot of the native instruments have a distinct sound.b,121b,121If Morgan had used samples, then its tough tittys, but if he got dudes to play on it and that shit got used I reckon he's got a case.... but thing is i reckon they be happy if Timbo just showed some love to the outback kids... maybe throw the Wilcannia Mob on a remix or sumthing,

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I don't hear it. Timbo's version is way cleaner and has synth brass instead of the Didgeridoo, although he may have been inspired by this producers track.b,121b,121He's not gettin' paid, sorry!b,121b,121As mentioned before it's basically one note with some beatbox rhythms over it, not much to steal there.

Why do you care mate? The tall poppies take from the whackas and make em spew. Is he trying to skite about it? His show ponying is shonky and stands out like a shag on a rock mate. London to a brick Timbo's lurk will be exposed as really him lairing it up like a Sheepshagger so kill the Gobsmackin!

Oi drongo.... this is a forum where djs, producers and assorted music fiends dwell, therefore I posted up becuase A. its relevant to the forum B. to see what other 'experts' or music heads on here thought and their opinions b,121b,121Why do I care? Didnt say i did either way... b,121b,121and whats with the over the top, forceful attempt at ocker talk? Did you type a normal comment and run it thru 'piss weak straylian slang geneator' or something....

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Sounds like a crock of shit to me.b,121b,121The beats don't sound anything alike... b,121b,121b

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Sounds like a crock of shit to me.b,121b,121The beats don't sound anything alike... b,121b,121b b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Timbo pitched it down. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Yup and added the "yeaahh yeaahh" along with Snoop's vocals.

• Obviously inspired.

• I used to hear that beat on Haight St on my way to work. I think crusty street dude needs to contact aussie youtube's lawyer. b,121b,121b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• he definitely ripped a chunk out of that finnish (?) c-64 music competition winning track for that track with Nelly Furtado though. Hope dude got paid for that at least.

• Morgan is a real nice, down to earth guy, my 2c, also, no one in Australia talks like that. We just use the word c*nt excessively.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Timbo jacks beats like Fusk, though. He bit some Turkish thing on the Nelly Furtado album and never cleared it, and I know for a fact that someone's looking to come after him for that.b,121b,121To me, it's like that Dre business from a few years ago, where he took big hits for uncleared samples on three separate records - "Guilty Conscience", "Let's Get High" and that Truth Hurts joint (the fallout from which killed the girl's career). For a cat with his money and experience to mess up three times on the kind of business he [i]knows/i1 he needs to be taking care of makes no sense at all to me. Likewise with Timbo. Presumably both he and Dre can afford to take the hit in a situation like this, but it's a false economy. If you're not clearing that shit because you think you're gonna lose all your publishing if you do, then surely you realise you'll probably lose it all anyway if somebody ends up suing you over it, with damages and lawyer's fees on top of that. Crazy.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    man... Morganics is a cool dude and does a lot of good work with the Aboriginal communities in central Oz. I gotta say, it sounds to me like he jacked it, pitched it down and overdubbed some yeahs' in the same spot they are on the original track.b,121b,121Shit is wack.

• Wait beatboxing with a didjideroo?b,121b,121BIT FROM META BASS N BREATH

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Morganics was actually invovled with that crew as I understand it!

• I think he took over from Rolf Harris around 96

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Timbo jacks beats like Fusk, though. He bit some Turkish thing on the Nelly Furtado album and never cleared it, and I know for a fact that someone's looking to come after him for that.b,121b,121To me, it's like that Dre business from a few years ago, where he took big hits for uncleared samples on three separate records - "Guilty Conscience", "Let's Get High" and that Truth Hurts joint (the fallout from which killed the girl's career). For a cat with his money and experience to mess up three times on the kind of business he [i]knows/i1 he needs to be taking care of makes no sense at all to me. Likewise with Timbo. Presumably both he and Dre can afford to take the hit in a situation like this, but it's a false economy. If you're not clearing that shit because you think you're gonna lose all your publishing if you do, then surely you realise you'll probably lose it all anyway if somebody ends up suing you over it, with damages and lawyer's fees on top of that. Crazy. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121b,121TIMBERLAND DJACKED MY BATES!! Graemlin please...b,121b,121Anyway, dude mught be a "cool dude", but I don't think Timbo jacked anything from him. Jamiroquai did it...b,121And for the Dre thing, you forgot to mention "What's The Difference". The french singer sued years after, based on his son's statement. He cashed a big azz check. I believe the reissue of 2001 now include his name.

Yeah, that's the one with the Charles Aznavour sample, right? Forgot about that one. It amazes me that big-name producers will still wing it with uncleared samples in this day and age.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Oi drongo.... this is a forum where djs, producers and assorted music fiends dwell, therefore I posted up becuase A. its relevant to the forum B. to see what other 'experts' or music heads on here thought and their opinions b,121b,121Why do I care? Didnt say i did either way... b,121b,121and whats with the over the top, forceful attempt at ocker talk? Did you type a normal comment and run it thru 'piss weak straylian slang geneator' or something.... b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I was just funnin dude. Dude was jacked, he should do something legitimate instead of taking his case to the interwebs.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121 Dude was jacked, he should do something legitimate instead of taking his case to the interwebs. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121True... he should have access or connections to some people in the industry that can help him out...b,121b,121What I dont get is if he did the remix for MIA, and its an offical relese...would her people be chasing Timbo too? The beat that got jacked is off her release... Maybe she can send one of her Tamil Tiger cousins to settle the score with Timbo!

• I think he really was jacked.... drum patterns and the "melody" are the exact same... he stole that shit.

• I think he came proper by being polite like that, I'm sure he is doing more than just posting the video

• "rap is an art, you can't own no loops, it's how you hook them up..."

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"rap is an art, you can't own no loops, it's how you hook them up..."
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121:eyeroll:

• jeejjeej 21 Posts
    Heard an earlier version of Mango Pickle Down River couple of years back on Diplo's Mad Decent podcast. Then when Kala dropped I was like "that's Morganics' beat!", then I saw he had full credit for it so just figured it was made for Kala all along.b,121b,121Haven't heard the Timbo track, I'm at work, but that was raw what he did to the Scandinavian dude a while back.

Nah, Mango Pickle Down River was 100% legit and cleared with all the appropriate parties - even the kids from Wilcannia Mob.