use the word "entendre" in a sentence......

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
without using the word "double". I dare you.did i even spell that right?who cares.

Comments

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Allons-nous entendre le nouvel ??ge pression priv??e ?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dude, that comic-con thing sucked. i now have a deeper understanding what my ex ladies went through when i was digging for records. i mean, i kinda like comic books and the pageantry of them nerds prancing around in klingon outfits and shit, but i was through with it after about an hour. but the people i went with wouldnt leave that shit and i now have a xmen video game tshirt and a shitload of them little buttons that are oh so cool right now. anyways, i bet them comic book nerds could figure out a way to use 'entendre' in a sentence.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Triple-entendre

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dude, that comic-con thing sucked. i now have a deeper understanding what my ex ladies went through when i was digging for records. i mean, i kinda like comic books and the pageantry of them nerds prancing around in klingon outfits and shit, but i was through with it after about an hour. but the people i went with wouldnt leave that shit and i now have a xmen video game tshirt and a shitload of them little buttons that are oh so cool right now. anyways, i bet them comic book nerds could figure out a way to use 'entendre' in a sentence.

sorry i didn't call you back last night. we wound up not going to the party and instead i was trying to sleep but i was wide awake and it sucked. oh well.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Triple-entendre

Beat me to it.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Allons-nous entendre le nouvel ??ge pression priv??e ?

From freetranslation.com:

Will we hear the new age pressure private?

Ayo?

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    That's the translation I got for 'private press'....honestly guvnor.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    So, basically entendre translates literally as "hear?"

In that case, I need mp3s of your beats, Dizzy. I can't find the files on my old computer and I totally want to entendre them.

• Correction: Allons-nous entendre la nouvelle age des pressages privees...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    without using the word "double". I dare you.

did i even spell that right?

who cares.

She's hot! I'd totally like to entendre her, if you know what I mean.

Dan

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    SHIG.

you were in town and you no call me?

for shame.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    entendre....hmmmm it sounds a lot of like "entender" which in Spanish is understand.

So if it's a double-entendre you can understand in two ways, or it has "another meaning"

thats my guess.

Just wait for Ross Hogg, that dude speaks 7 languages.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    entendre....hmmmm it sounds a lot of like "entender" which in Spanish is understand.

thats correct. I also means 'to understand' in french.
    Just like in English 'to hear' can also mean to understand.

ya hear me?