KZSC Santa Cruz Fall Record Swap - Nov. 15th!

13»

Comments

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Looking forward to the next one....shite was dope. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Good meeting you homie. It was nice to talk about folks,The Monday Beatdown(Ken "Spiderman" Hamilton r.i.p.) and all:) b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Word.Had to bounce rather quick so I didn't get your contact info.Hit me on the PM'S.Peace to everyone I met and caught up with.Spelunk,great f*cking job!

• I want to hear the story of the DVD guy!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I want to hear the story of the DVD guy! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21yeah...wtf? I figured this would have already been up by now...

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I want to hear the story of the DVD guy! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21yeah, same here and did anyone take any photos?b, 21Be nice to see and hear what people got during the show:)b, 21b, 21Again, thanks B******n img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Haha alright fools. I will tell you. At 3:40 (I think Rey was just finishing packing up alongside San Jose Mike), DVD guy (who, a year ago broke a f**king window by dropping a table on it, hence his new windowless location) had not even STARTED loading up. I was exhausted and let him have it, with such lines as "We're not your babysitter you fat piece of shit". We got into it and I told him he was not welcome back, to which he stormed outside with his overloaded dolly which then toppled ALL down that big hill near the loading entrance.b, 21b, 21I then got my volunteer staff to lug his stuff outside where we pretty much threw it down and let him deal. It still took 20 minutes with 8 people, I mean this turd was bringing Dolly Parton 8-tracks, Pamela Anderson bio books, the kitchen sink.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Haha alright fools. I will tell you. At 3:40 (I think Rey was just finishing packing up alongside San Jose Mike), DVD guy (who, a year ago broke a f**king window by dropping a table on it, hence his new windowless location) had not even STARTED loading up. I was exhausted and let him have it, with such lines as "We're not your babysitter you fat piece of shit". We got into it and I told him he was not welcome back, to which he stormed outside with his overloaded dolly which then toppled ALL down that big hill near the loading entrance.b, 21b, 21I then got my volunteer staff to lug his stuff outside where we pretty much threw it down and let him deal. It still took 20 minutes with 8 people, I mean this turd was bringing Dolly Parton 8-tracks, Pamela Anderson bio books, the kitchen sink. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21hey...ease up dickhole...I bought that pam anderson bio book...she's really interesting!b, 21b, 21I can feel his pain...I watched my 45s slide the hill like it was ski season...although, it was the best of all looks for that...as will pointed out...I found it oddly funny (minus my Epsilons and a few other goodies, but all remained encased)

Other thoughts -b, 21b, 21I felt bad for Jerry Diez getting stuck in the LA fire traffic and hated to charge him for a table, but that was space I could have given to other people who were calling me the week before the swap. Hard spot to sell all 45s.b, 21b, 21Talking to young people about what they're looking for, or letting them use a portable (most people have never seen these) helps a ton to sell records. We all remember being that green and feeling overwhelmed by so many unknown records, and I know I sold a grip of records by just chatting up people flipping through my boxes.b, 21b, 21MAJOR props to the 4 of you who stopped by the homie Brandon's store after the show to cut a deal on the leftovers - he was so stoked and you should all stop by his store if you're ever in town, it's called The Krate and it's right on Pacific Avenue across from Taco Bell. Super friendly with fair prices and the best hip-hop selection of ANY store in the Bay Area, period.b, 21b, 21Great to see familiar faces and meet some new ones, Arjuna, Adam, Rodney, Jeff, Will, Nathan, Patrick, Geoff, Justin, Pete (hope you are diggin those records!), Brian, Aaron, man, just too many to list. Strut/Waxi family!

• tacos morenos sucks.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I felt bad for Jerry Diez getting stuck in the LA fire traffic and hated to charge him for a table, but that was space I could have given to other people who were calling me the week before the swap. Hard spot to sell all 45s.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21yeah i was surprised jerry was coming especially since he really caters to those cats that purchase 50s to mid 60s 45s. b, 21b, 21he was disappointed in the crowd there and rightfully so. i would of been pissed if i came to sell the type of stuff he does and found out it was a show full of college kids who could give a crap about the stuff he was flipping.b, 21b, 21...and then paying $35 for the 6h, drive.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21tacos morenos sucks. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21It was a horrible idea to patronize this establishment.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21tacos morenos sucks. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21it was one of the most boring burritos ive ever had but nathan treated so it wasnt terrible...b, 21b, 21...those white girls swore to us it was good. they wouldnt know a good burrito if one was shoved inside their vagina.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21...those white girls swore to us it was good. they wouldnt know a good burrito if one was shoved inside their vagina. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Wow!!b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I was exhausted and let him have it, with such lines as "We're not your babysitter you fat piece of shit".b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Damn, was this Bud?

Man I warned Jerry over the phone that our crowd wasn't quite the 45 type, but he seemed like he really wanted to come and I didn't connect the name with the face and the records that he brings.b, 21b, 21And dudes, if you think Tacos Morenos is bad, WELCOME TO SANTA CRUZ.b, 21b, 21No Adrian, it was not Bud. Bud is a really nice guy. So was pretty much everyone there. This was the guy with the disaster area of a table full of crap, who harasses girls and uses much more space than he is ever given. Granted I started getting angry after we offered to move his stuff out to his van and he snapped back.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21tacos morenos sucks. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21it was one of the most boring burritos ive ever had but Young Phonicles treated so it wasnt terrible...b, 21b, 21...those white girls swore to us it was good. they wouldnt know a good burrito if one was shoved inside their vagina. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21yo, that breakfast burrito prolly woulda had more spice and fresher eggs had it come from the snatch....oh nevermind.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Spelunk- Thanks for putting on a good event.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21No Adrian, it was not Bud. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Oh good, I was worried for a sec.Yeah , Bud is good people and I know he sells dvd's once in awhile.I just remember him being by the window.b, 21b, 21Yeah, that Taqueria(well I would not even call it that) is butt.b, 21There used to be this place by the flats that was decent, but then again, that was mad long ago and is probably not there anymore.b, 21b, 21Wish I was there to see all that,

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Man I warned Jerry over the phone that our crowd wasn't quite the 45 type, but he seemed like he really wanted to come and I didn't connect the name with the face and the records that he brings.b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yeah, it really wasn't your bad at all. Who drives 400 miles to set up at a show without doing a tiny bit of research to figure out if it will be their crowd or not? Like crusty doo wop heads were going to be rolling thick on the Santa Cruz campus?

• Great show, it bears repeating one more time.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Great day. I don't think anybody mentioned, but it was probably about the best weather anybody could possibly expect for mid November in Santa Cruz. Coming down the hill, one could see the entire Monterey Bay from the bluff. It was good to see some internet friends, meet a few new internet friends I haven't seen in person yet, and fail to introduce myself to other internet friends???I was right next to Om but when I looked up to meet and greet he had moved on to greener pastures.b, 21b, 21I crossed off Fat Albert Rotunda off my wantlist thanks to maru at an extremely reasonable price, caught a few items from spelunk, and picked up sealed raer from Will at showandtellmusic. My wife went apeshit in hcrink's trough, self help and Sesame Street records for days.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 I don't think anybody mentioned, but it was probably about the best weather anybody could possibly expect for mid November in Santa Cruz. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21It's gonna be 85 tomorrow. We may have crappy taquerias but 85 in NOVEMBER? Hell yes.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 It was good to see some internet friends, meet a few new internet friends I haven't seen in person yet, and fail to introduce myself to other internet friends???I was right next to Om but when I looked up to meet and greet he had moved on to greener pastures. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21damn...I didn't mean to bounce without an intro...it seemed there were so many people I didn't know...I would have definitely introduced myself had I known you were part of the soulstrut family or that you were the infamous dollar_bin.. Next time come up and say hey homie! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• I stopped by for a couple of hours. We rented a car and took my first trip to Santa Cruz (where the hell are the class rooms??) Talked to Jinx, Kingmost and I think met Hairy. Was a good show, but was tired and wasn't really in the super excavate mode. I did manage to get some cool records. I found a Uptown Dope On Plastic for a quarter which I slid to the homie who didn't have it, so that was cool. I wish there was a show like this in So Cal.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 It was good to see some internet friends, meet a few new internet friends I haven't seen in person yet, and fail to introduce myself to other internet friends???I was right next to Om but when I looked up to meet and greet he had moved on to greener pastures. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21damn...I didn't mean to bounce without an intro...it seemed there were so many people I didn't know...I would have definitely introduced myself had I known you were part of the soulstrut family or that you were the infamous dollar_bin.. Next time come up and say hey homie! b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I'm sure our paths will cross again, the soulstrut SF family is strong.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I stopped by for a couple of hours. We rented a car and took my first trip to Santa Cruz (where the hell are the class rooms??) Talked to Jinx, Kingmost and I think met Hairy. Was a good show, but was tired and wasn't really in the super excavate mode. I did manage to get some cool records. I found a Uptown Dope On Plastic for a quarter which I slid to the homie who didn't have it, so that was cool. I wish there was a show like this in So Cal. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Phil? From SD?b, 21b, 21OM- b, 21Don't play, you straight walked away when you heard that was dollarbin, PMing him about a "bump on your log" and then blushing when you found out "he wasn't that kind of doctor".

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I stopped by for a couple of hours. We rented a car and took my first trip to Santa Cruz (where the hell are the class rooms??) Talked to Jinx, Kingmost and I think met Hairy. Was a good show, but was tired and wasn't really in the super excavate mode. I did manage to get some cool records. I found a Uptown Dope On Plastic for a quarter which I slid to the homie who didn't have it, so that was cool. I wish there was a show like this in So Cal. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Phil? From SD?b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yup Yup.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I stopped by for a couple of hours. We rented a car and took my first trip to Santa Cruz (where the hell are the class rooms??) Talked to Jinx, Kingmost and I think met Hairy. Was a good show, but was tired and wasn't really in the super excavate mode. I did manage to get some cool records. I found a Uptown Dope On Plastic for a quarter which I slid to the homie who didn't have it, so that was cool. I wish there was a show like this in So Cal. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Phil? From SD?b, 21b, 21OM- b, 21Don't play, you straight walked away when you heard that was dollarbin, PMing him about a "bump on your log" and then blushing when you found out "he wasn't that kind of doctor". b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I did...damn I don't even remember that...I do remember hatin on you though...haha.. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

Hey who was the guy I sold those Brasilian records to? From SF?