KZSC Santa Cruz Fall Record Swap - Nov. 15th!

Comments

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,1213) LARRY ISN'T COMING! (according to inside sources at least) b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I saw him at the Newark show and convinced him to come. Don't want you guys to get too soft. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21oh great dude. now sellers can look forward to him pulling a stack of 100 records, keeping them out of reach from potential buyers, and only buying 3 of them after other buyers move on.b, 21b, 21out of curiosity, who's selling hip hop? i'm still up in the air about what to bring.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i'm selling about 90% hip hop. hopefully the kiddies will come.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121i'm selling about 90% hip hop. hopefully the kiddies will come. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21indy/underground or mob rap?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,1213) LARRY ISN'T COMING! (according to inside sources at least) b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I saw him at the Newark show and convinced him to come. Don't want you guys to get too soft. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21oh great dude. now sellers can look forward to him pulling a stack of 100 records, keeping them out of reach from potential buyers, and only buying 3 of them after other buyers move on.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21The greatest moment of the last show was me yanking a record out of his hold pile and buying it from a fellow Strutter while he watched on in rage.

• By the way, I was kidding about getting him to come. I don't speak to that gentleman.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121i'm selling about 90% hip hop. hopefully the kiddies will come. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21indy/underground or mob rap? b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 2150% underground, 50% golden era & mainstream

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121i'm selling about 90% hip hop. hopefully the kiddies will come. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21indy/underground or mob rap? b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 2150% underground, 50% golden era & mainstream b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Likewise. I'll have some old issues of egotrip and grandslam to unload also. looking forward to this.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I'm bringing two fat boxes of hip hop: 1/2 jazzy indie shit, 1/2 old school jernts.b,121b, 21There will be gems sprinkled throughout both. Little'uns should bugg.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    will there be listening stations or should sellers bring portables? if so electrical outlets available in the room? thanks.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Bring portables. We have electricity (we're not TOTAL hippies at Santa Cruz!) but the outlets in the room are somewhat limited...if you need one then let me know beforehand so I can put your table somewhere appropriate.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Mr. Sparkle and I will be there to spend in a manner befitting our dual income no kids lifestyle. Sellers take note, Mr. Sparkle likes the music of the sassy ladies.

Glad you're gonna be able to make it dude.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey folks, probably see ya around there.b,121..I think img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• I guess I will *bump* this since its in a week.

This all goes down in a week. Props to everyone who is making it, selling, buying or both. The event is shaping up very nicely and I'll be on the grind promoting the event this coming week. Please spread the word and tell your record related friends.b, 21b, 21Here's the official and updated list of sellers: b, 21b, 21HCrink / Showandtellmusic b, 21Reynaldo b, 21Me b, 21Maru b, 21Musica_del_alma / Arjuna b, 21Shitzr b, 21Tick-Tickler b, 21Jinx74 / Deejay_OM b, 21Santa Cruz Marc b, 21San Jose Mike b, 21San Jose Joey b, 21Jerry Diez b, 21LNemier b, 21Charlie Lange b, 21John Sandidge b, 21Jim Pittman b, 21Rockit City DJs b, 21Raf One b, 21Rwkpark b, 21Keith Clodfelter b, 21Nate LeBlanc b, 21Ken Sanderson b, 21Scott Route 66 b, 21KZSC b, 21KUSP b, 21The Krate b, 21Streetlight Records (i.e. CDs) b, 21Metamusic b, 21HairyBelfonte

Directions if you need them:b, 21b, 21KZSC Ultimate Music Sale

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    i'm going to try to make it to this one.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21i'm going to try to make it to this one. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY!b, 21b, 21I just setup tables and we are good to go.

TODAY BATCHES

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey folks It was a realy pleasure meeting and seeing y'all out there today.Thanks Spelunk for holding it down and throwing together a really well organized and well crowded event.Nice meeting you folks for the first time to (Maru,Smokestack,Enki,Musica Del Alma,Tick-Tickler,Reynaldo,Will and etc)Nice putting a face to the name and good seeing the bay folks around too.b, 21b, 21Also thank you to N**e(Ennui) for the ride there.Sorry I bounced out so quickly homie:) and rw park, Hold those records for me please(sorry homie:)b, 21b, 21Peace and looking forward to seeing you all in the real world again!b, 21b, 21Post your come-ups folks:)b, 21b, 21Much peace and respect,b, 21Adrian

• Looking forward to the next one....shite was dope.

MUCH more to come later as I'm about to go on the radio but a HUGE and very heartfelt thanks to everyone who made it out to the show - I run it mostly solo, put a lot of hard work into it, and am really happy that most everyone had a great time.b, 21b, 21Finds, hilarious stories (that you all missed when you left involving the bootleg DVDs guy) and future swap plans to follow in a long post tomorrow.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Looking forward to the next one....shite was dope. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Good meeting you homie. It was nice to talk about folks,The Monday Beatdown(Ken "Spiderman" Hamilton r.i.p.) and all:)

• i had a fun time coming down with jinx...seeing age, breakself, geoff, musica, (some dude named arjuna???? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21, rodney, will, and all the other homies I already knew...b, 21b, 21but, it was definitely good to put a name to face with people like maru, hcrink, reynaldo, etc...although...looking at the list...I obviously missed some peoples...b, 21b, 21b, 21btw, thanks hcrink...without you...I would have gotten no records (well, except for the age bolly/peter rock jawns... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21 plus, digging your crates was like a trip into the esoteric...I liked it...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    definitely a good time and nice to meet a lot of you folks on this board. found out that jinx is practically my neighbor. And DJ OM, i realized that I've been listening to one of your DJ sets for years that you did on Beta Lounge like 6 years ago. b, 21b, 21thanks to everyone for the records, and age for generously handing over a couple 45s. thanks to all the kids that bought records from me. got rid of a lot of stuff i didn't have the space for.b, 21b, 21and props to spelunk for putting on a great show. i hope it goes strong in your absence.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21And DJ OM, i realized that I've been listening to one of your DJ sets for years that you did on Beta Lounge like 6 years ago. b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21how is it that people have heard this mix? very weird how many people tell me they've heard this....I thought it was in isolation with the stewards of antiquated media in a dank dark alley of dithering digital mptrees...burning slowly...I guess I should ask you for a copy? haha...that was a tough day for me personally, so no matter what the mix sounds like (haven't listened in so long), it will always remain a part of time I remember.....but, really dope sets by moodswing9, sean, controller7, etc......if you like that mix i did then, then you might enjoy this new mix i was telling you about...b, 21b, 21http://beatelectric.blogspot.com/2008/11/blood-from-my-soul.htmlb, 21b, 21you can dl the cover and mp3 file (Deejay OM-Blood From My Soul link towards bottom), and the ending paragraph I wrote...explains the concept...b, 21b, 21b, 21thanks again for that nas 12...I've already bumped it loud enough so the neighbors could hear it clearly...

I was busy and didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted, but here's a video from the sale for those who didn't make it out:b, 21b, 21<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>b, 21b, 21Will post finds soon.

Why can't I embed the video? I'm not good at this.

Thanks Spelunk! Dude had shit covered from front to back: had a KZSC volunteer bring down a dolly for us for loading right when we got there, hooked it up with prime table real-estate right in front of the entrance, and had excellent trade stuff. Voc?? ?? o homem!b, 21b, 21Cool meeting Age and Reynaldo, amongst other strutteurs. b, 21b, 21That DVD dude started to get nice toward the end! What did he do later?