Seriously Cubs fans.....

1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
..give us our park back.b,121b,121It's bad enough we now have to be tied with Philly for the wild card, but then you had to have Z come in and throw the first no hitter at Miller Park.b,121b,121Well done!b,121b,121..not you Brewers.....pick it back up.........please.

Comments

• Agreed. Going into the weekend I was hoping for no worse than a split for the Brewers. And now they are tied with Philly with the Cubs coming up.b,121b,121They way they've been playing (and talking) all signs point to them being D-O-N-E. If so, 20 games over .500 or not, the season is a waste. Yost will be canned, Melvin possibly, wave bye-bye to CC, Ben Sheets, Gagne, possibly Cameron, and who knows who else.b,121b,121There's a chance I'll be 55 years old (I'm 29 right now) the next time they play meaningful games in Aug/September.b,121b,121And yeah, Kudos to the Cubs. At least Houston is still behind in the wild card chase.

• I agree with you on all points with who's more than likely NOT coming back next year.b,121b,121Yost should have been gone awhile back.b,121b,121Melvin should (hopefully) stay.b,121b,121Fingers crossed on CC, but I doubt it.b,121b,121It was a fun season to watch no doubt, but damn, talk about getting my hopes up and then crushed in the matter of 3 days.

• I know they still have a chance, but to have gone into September with a 5.5 game lead in the wild card chase, and to give it all up in 2 weeks, that's (Bill Walton voice) *horrible*. (/Bill Walton voice).b,121b,121I had my fingers crossed on CC too, but why stay with a team that traded for him with the sole purpose of making it deep into the playoffs only to see that slip away in a matter of weeks?b,121b,121When the trade happened, there was World Series talk. The supposed 1-2 punch of CC and Sheets proved to be anything but because Sheets has played poorly. CC has been lights-out, and in August Bush/Suppan played well, too. But now pitching has collapsed and Yost won't shorten the rotation. CC only has a few games left to pitch. He can't do it all.b,121b,121Yes, I'm bummed.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121World Series talkb,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121As a Red Sox fan, let me say that I would love to see the Cubs in the World Series. I feel your pain. b,121b,121Although if it were a Sox-Cubs series, I'd of course still be rooting for my Sox. Still, I wouldn't feel terrible if you won.

• I don't understand how anyone could deem Milwaukee a "neutral" site for a Cubs game. It doesn't make any sense. b,121b,121I just keep repeating this one line over and over to my Chicago brethren who are fans of the "other" team: This could be the year for the Cubs.b,121b,121This could be the year for the Cubs! b,121b,121-- White Sox fan.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121World Series talkb,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121As a Red Sox fan, let me say that I would love to see the Cubs in the World Series. I feel your pain. b,121b, 21Although if it were a Sox-Cubs series, I'd of course still be rooting for my Sox. Still, I wouldn't feel terrible if you won. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121I split my growing up time in Chicago and Boston so I'm a diehard fan of both. Yes, I get made fun of a lot for it. I've thought about this and if they ever met in the world series, I would simply cheer for every play regardless of the outcome. I would get real annoying real fast.

• Ned Yost...FIRED!!!

• a href="http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8566562?MSNHPHMA" target="_blank"1http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8566562?MSNHPHMA/a1b,121b,121how are you suppose to go into the playoffs with a manager that's only been in his managerial position for two weeks? sounds like they just fucked up....should've waited to the end of the season if they wanted some fresh blood behind the bench.

• The Astros are doing it again: just when you've realized that their early season streakiness is firmly planted in the rear view and you've given up on them, they get hot again and make you hope. b,121b,121Also, I hate Astros "home games" in Milwaukee.

• Yeah, Houston did get screwed with that deal. My boss was at the game yesterday (he's a Brewers fan, though - just went to go to a game) and said that it was more or a less a Cubs home game. He counted maybe 3 people in Houston garb.

• I could give a shit about the Astros but that was some of the lamest schitt ever to have the game in Milwaukee. I'm sure there were ten or more equally sufficient venues south of the Mason-Dixon.b,121b,121MLB blew that one.

• I was at the "home" game for Houston today and I think I saw 4 Astro fans out of 15,000. Fusk the cubs.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I could give a shit about the Astros but that was some of the lamest schitt ever to have the game in Milwaukee. I'm sure there were ten or more equally sufficient venues south of the Mason-Dixon.b,121b,121MLB blew that one. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Blame Bud(weiser) Selig.