Paypal debit card

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience.....I submitted a request to paypal to receive a paypal debit card. I got an e mail from paypal like 6 months ago stating that the order was being processed. After about the second month I called and emailed paypal in order to find out what happended. I was told that they had a huge backup in their processing department.... so since I hadn't received anything I just said to myself forget about it. So two weeks ago I get another e mail from paypal telling me that my card should be coming within the next two weeks....still nothing yet....I know that both ebay and paypal are b.s...but damn....guess when you have no real competition you can do what the hell you want to do. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nagl2.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• I have not had that happen but when paypal was first getting started I had them access my bank account for a trasaction that was unexplained. I went a couple hundred in debt to the bank because the account was only for that purpose and I had nothing in there nor was I watching the account very closely. I was about to forgoe paypal services forever and then they got really popular for the ebay deal and I had to stick it out. Currently I am waiting on a checl from them for recent items that have been purchased with still no action. I am with you on the fact that they are pretty much a monopoly and can do as they wish.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I got my paypal debit card about 6 months ago, and it came about 2 weeks after I ordered it with no problems... I highly suggest it, screw waiting for your cash to get deposited in your bank, you get immediate access to it and even get 1% cash back on purchases made with it.

• Quote:h,121b,121I got my paypal debit card about 6 months ago, and it came about 2 weeks after I ordered it with no problems... I highly suggest it, screw waiting for your cash to get deposited in your bank, you get immediate access to it and even get 1% cash back on purchases made with it. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121word.b,121b,121However, make sure you make sure you have the correct phone number attached to the account They once froze my shit because I had used it in two different states...each charge was only a hour apart, so they froze it when they couldnt get ahold of me (I had gotten anew cell phone and hadnt changed the number)and left me hanging when I tried to pay a restaurant tab.b,121b,121Also, make sure you know what your limits are set on it. Tried to pull out $400 outta the paypal once (my limit was set at $200, but I didnt know it) at an ATM and they shut my shit down for 24 hours...

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Good advice, I'm gonna check both those things now.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Best part: no overdraft fees.b,121b,121If you don't have enough cash in your account, it just gets denied at the point of sale, rather than having to pay some $30 fee like most banks.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yeah, I got mine in a week or two too.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I just got home and the damn card was in my mail box finally.