Dangerdoom

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
does anyone have this MP3::: I saw the old thread for it but I guess the link no longer works.. I wanted to play it for a friend of mine..Special Ed where you at.......

Comments

• awallawall 673 Posts
    here you go

this song is, however, terrible. i'm not sure why i still have it.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    here you go

Thanks but it doesn't work for me..... MP3?

• awallawall 673 Posts
    here you go

Thanks but it doesn't work for me..... MP3?

it is an mp3. have you used yousendit before?

yeah man.. but for some reason its comming up as a blocked page..

• awallawall 673 Posts
    weird, i'll try it and see what it does.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    works for me. i guess just try it again.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    not too thrilled for this release. I wish doom could lay low for at least a week.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    speaking of which, can somebody please to show me an ACUTAL GOOD Dangermouse track. Everything I've heard from dude is kinda weak/amateur-ish sounding.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    speaking of which, can somebody please to show me an ACUTAL GOOD Dangermouse track. Everything I've heard from dude is kinda weak/amateur-ish sounding.

never believe the hype.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    really!? i AM a little dood, but that gray album is still the shit to me...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

I actually like most of the stuff off this album

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

"HATED IT"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Everything I've heard from dude is kinda weak/amateur-ish sounding.
    that gray album is shit to me...

...um, do you not like jay-z, or the beatles? both?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

"HATED IT"

• speaking of which, can somebody please to show me an ACUTAL GOOD Dangermouse track. Everything I've heard from dude is kinda weak/amateur-ish sounding.

"HATED IT"

daze was the person to turn me onto this album. shit is biscuit buttery good. great album from the start. "the only one" is one of my fave tracks of the last few years and one of the only tracks i like with the sped up vocals.

mostly I just hate gimmicks

mostly I just hate gimmicks
    aside from the popularity of both artists, what exactly do you do differently? no diss, just curious.

• speaking of which, can somebody please to show me an ACUTAL GOOD Dangermouse track. Everything I've heard from dude is kinda weak/amateur-ish sounding.

"HATED IT"

daze was the person to turn me onto this album. shit is biscuit buttery good. great album from the start. "the only one" is one of my fave tracks of the last few years and one of the only tracks i like with the sped up vocals.

cosign

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

are you serious?

are you serious?
    i think so...? about liking the beatles/jay-z or dangermouse?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I love both and firmly believe they should never be mixed. Ever.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Is this the one with the 'Licks on it? "What You Sittin' On" remix was kinda hot.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

He took two great albums and made a mediocre album.

I like both and firmly believe they could be mixed properly. By someone else.

I don't know why this is such a bad thing... Dude said that he made it for his friends and it blew up... I think its great and creative... fuck all the they should be kept sacred bullshit... thats narrow thinking my man... I know I never thought of putting them together. I was supprised.. it wasn't the best thing but shit.. it sure ain't bad!

it seems like some of you guys don't like dangermouse PERSONALLY. i can't figure out what could be negatively said about that album, i mean, what could have been done to make it not so "mediocre"? there are some definite ballers on this site, but what do they do that's so much "better"? not to degrade the old school cliques here, just as producers, what would you have done?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I kinda forgot bout the grey album. How many of those did they make and how much is it going for these days? I love it that the people that are in the market for the vinyl are Beatles completists that most likely hate rap music. The irony...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Gosh, I don't know where to start.

First of all, I've never met Dangermouse and I'm sure he's a great guy. That has absolutely zero to do with this.

Second of all, I'm a huge proponent of sampling, and all kinds of creative music and mixing and such. Again, nothing to do with it.

What it is about is that the music in question was uninteresting (to me) and I'd rather take the Black Album or the White Album by themselves any day of the week. I think it was a poor idea. Execution is not really the issue here. I'm glad dude made something for kicks and got paid off it.

Again, even a broken clock is right twice a day. If I put a turd on a record and recorded the slushy noise of the needle against it would that be creative? PEARSON, WHERE ARE YOU. THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. COPYRIGHT IT NOW!!!!

• awallawall 673 Posts
    not too thrilled for this release. I wish doom could lay low for at least a week.

huge cosign. the whole thing sounds like the worst stoned college kid idea ever. particularly the adult swim characters part.

and yeah, dangermouse sucks.