Donate to Destiny by Design!

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2008 in Announcements
Donate to Destiny by Design! b,121b,121b,121In a few short weeks, the second edition of the Destiny by Design afterschool program will begin at Kealing Middle School. b,121b,121With classes led by Robert Gabriel and Jules Narcisse, local Austin artists including Rapid Ric, Gerald G, Lady Legacy, Tee Double, AC, and DaBosnian are scheduled to assist the Kealing kids in the recording and performance of a professional grade rap song. b,121b,121For anyone who heard the inaugural Destiny by Design song recorded and performed this past Spring, it's obvious that there is quite a bit of talent walking the halls of Kealing Middle School.b,121b,121And since the school district isn't able to provide their kids much instruction on how to build a career in rap music, it's up to a program such as Destiny by Design to fill that void. b,121b,121Imagine the students out there who are just chomping at the bit for the chance to devote some of their school time to hip-hop. Rather than carve a cussword into a desk. why not produce a beat or learn to deejay? b,121b,121While Destiny by Design's personnel is all set to dive headlong into this upcoming Fall program, we are seeking donations to help us step up our operation. b,121b,121We make it a rule to compensate the artists who teach in our program, so the more money we raise the more those artists can be rewarded for giving back to their communities. b,121b,121Additional funding also translates to more sophisticated equipment secured for the kid's semester-end performance, as well as heightened promotion of that event. b,121b,121If you are able and willing to make a donation to the Destiny by Design afterschool program, please make a Paypal payment to [joujou44@earthlink.net]b,121b,121*The Narcisse-Banks Community Resource Center is a non-profit organization that sponsors the Destiny by Design afterschool program.* b,121b,121Thank you.b,121b,121

Comments

• if you need more records, let me know... even 100 focused jazz sample and breaks records from >$4 room. b,121b,121

• I'm down to donate some wax,cd's, cd-r's for them

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yes, Dave...I'll take whatever you got.b,121b,121And yes, Young Jedi...that would be great (mailing address above). b,121b,121Thanks, y'all.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm in for $20. Are you looking just for records to sample? Or would 12"s to practice DJing with help too?

Quote:h,121b,121I'm in for $20. Are you looking just for records to sample? Or would 12"s to practice DJing with help too? b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121Thank you...and we accept all sorts of records, even country and western, but especially sample fodder and 12"s.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121
    Quote:h,121b,121I'm in for $20. Are you looking just for records to sample? Or would 12"s to practice DJing with help too? b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121Thank you...and we accept all sorts of records, even country and western, but especially sample fodder and 12"s. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121Cool. Paypal sent. I'll put together a bunch of records and send them out Saturday. b,121b,121I think it's a great thing you're doing here.

• i can attest to the program taking all kinds of records... i donated a few thousand last year and it was all over the place, but ro***t kept coming back for more img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bonus.gif" alt="" 21

Quote:h,121b,121i can attest to the program taking all kinds of records... i donated a few thousand last year and it was all over the place, but ro***t kept coming back for more img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bonus.gif" alt="" 21 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121Granted, a lot of those just went to Goodwill. But the rest i.e. the good stuff either went straight into the hands of local producers (Black Mike, DaBosnian, etc.) or became additions to the Narcisse-Banks library.