QUITTING WEED

Comments

• Thanks, dude. I'm definitely not swearing off smoking altogether, just need to make it a once in a while thing rather than an every day thing. I'm definitely on it...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121think of all the loot you will save b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121think of all the extra records you can buy.

• I smoke now so take this with a grain of salt.b,121b,121I quit for a year a while back. I thought it would be hell, but after a day I felt fine. I didn't even crave it. b,121b,121Just fusking quit. Nothing to it. b,121b,121People say it's so hard but I quit cigarettes after 10 years of smoking. I quit crack, heroin, and speedballs after a good year of abuse. Never looked back. I don't feel like quitting weed right now but if I did I would.b,121b,121I know I'll get dogged for this but really people are a bunch of whiners. Just fusking quit and get over it.b,121b,121Good luck. You'll be fine. Just do what you already do, minus weed.

• BTW I'm talking about pot. Heroin is another beast. It's so hard to quit because you can't function without it. People on dope should seek medical treatment. Unfortunately, if you are like me, uninsured, it's harder. Just got to feel the sickness. Melias? I forget the word.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121b,121b,1215. Get yourself a HOT chick that fucks like a nympho but is anti weed b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121funny suggestion.b,121it will either work well, or not at all. b,121just get with a girl who will make you do stuff with her during your spare time. cooking, cleaning, fighting, having sex, watching movies, sleeping, some drinks, but no pot.

• yo... I would just talk to your doctor, get some anti-anxiety medication...

• quick question. b,121b,121all of you talking about anxiety: what do you mean? b,121Is this the typical 'everyone is a narc' shi*t, or something different?b,121b,121w33d headz wanna know the deal

• The only way I turly was able to even begin to quit smoking all day, every day is Marijuana Anonymous(MA) and the 12 steps, the story is the same for most habitual users. A program helped me to hear that it is nothing unique and it is possible to stop/get a grip.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    One of my biggest motivations to stop was the fact that I didnt want a wife who smoked... so if I didnt want a woman who smoked, I had to stop. If I was to deserve her, I had to be what it was that I wanted for myself. I smoked for 12 years since the age of 13. Its been 11 years as of 3-16-08... My wife does not smoked and has produce wonderful children with and for me. My life with her is really all the life that I can remember... my life before her is and was a meaningless blur...b,121b,121smoking was fun at first but it turned into stress for me, I would get high and then beat myself up for getting high. Once I became what it was that I wanted from my mate, my wife stepped out of the world into my life and I have learned to love myself as a result of loving her.

• That's some real talk.b,121b,121leisurebandit -- it's more of a physical discomfort rather than paranoia. Usually happens when I smoke too much.

• Well this is my last bowl until I get a new job... being broke helps too.

• Tripledouble hit the nail on the head man, respect and moderation. But if it's really too much to moderate then dont let that shit moderate you. BTW i love the commercials from the man on the subject , i think the people who make these commercials must be so blazed, which makes me wonder if they're just doing them to entertain themselves or what. They just keep getting weirder if you ask me. Quite entertaining though.

• happy birthday a day late, loko. Hope you enjoyd the finest of crondoz.

• easy to quit/take a break in this town...shit can go dry for months, no shit. Sure you can get shwag 12 months a year, but the good shit can go missing for a LONG time.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    It's surprisingly easy. I quit after 16 years of steady smoking this past winter. Just stopped. And after a few days, it was really not a big deal. Now, I'll take a couple of hits once in a while with friends or late night or whatever, but it's very rare, and I don't think about it otherwise. Much easier than quitting cigarettes.b,121b,121So, my advice would be to stop stressing about it and just do it. You'll be fine.

• Quote:h,121b,121Aside from all the who smokes who doesn't threads, I haven't really seen (or found while searching) any threads about heads who've quit after years and years of smoking. I've been smoking for just under 10 years, every day, multiple times a day. I'm not one of those people who's going to knock it, but it just isn't working for me physically anymore. All it does nowadays is provoke anxiety. I've been running regularly for a couple of years now, and I'm definitely going to keep that going, but to those who've been through it -- I'd appreciate some tips on how to get over the psychological cravings for that shit, as well as any other. A real head would like to know the deal. b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freeway.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sn.gif" alt="" 21 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121b,121b,121I quit smoking about a year ago after more than 10 years of smoking everyday. I went through a very bad breakup with my girlfriend, and everytime I smoked it would make me dwell on shit. I was also getting panic/anxiety attacks (bad when DJing in public) ,as well as when I drove on the highway when I hadn't even smoke. I developed a very severe fear of flying over the past decade as well. The anxiety is gone and I've pretty much lost my fear of flying as well. It was a great choice. Once you get past the first week or so it gets much easier. I will say this though I started smoking cigarettes A LOT more after quitting.. good luck.b,121b,121b,121F16

• Quote:h,121b,121One of my biggest motivations to stop was the fact that I didnt want a wife who smoked... so if I didnt want a woman who smoked, I had to stop. If I was to deserve her, I had to be what it was that I wanted for myself. I smoked for 12 years since the age of 13. Its been 11 years as of 3-16-08... My wife does not smoked and has produce wonderful children with and for me. My life with her is really all the life that I can remember... my life before her is and was a meaningless blur...b,121b,121smoking was fun at first but it turned into stress for me, I would get high and then beat myself up for getting high. Once I became what it was that I wanted from my mate, my wife stepped out of the world into my life and I have learned to love myself as a result of loving her. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121RAY!!!! havent seen you in years!!!!! where you at homie???b,121I miss you man!!!!!! hollllerrrrrrrrrrrr img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerbang.gif" alt="" 21

• Quote:h,121b,121
    Quote:h,121b,121One of my biggest motivations to stop was the fact that I didnt want a wife who smoked... so if I didnt want a woman who smoked, I had to stop. If I was to deserve her, I had to be what it was that I wanted for myself. I smoked for 12 years since the age of 13. Its been 11 years as of 3-16-08... My wife does not smoked and has produce wonderful children with and for me. My life with her is really all the life that I can remember... my life before her is and was a meaningless blur...b,121b,121smoking was fun at first but it turned into stress for me, I would get high and then beat myself up for getting high. Once I became what it was that I wanted from my mate, my wife stepped out of the world into my life and I have learned to love myself as a result of loving her. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121RAY!!!! havent seen you in years!!!!! where you at homie???b,121I miss you man!!!!!! hollllerrrrrrrrrrrr img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerbang.gif" alt="" 21 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121b,121b,121happy for you but this sounds so severe...weed is not heroin. it's all these corny foolish kids who decided in the 1990's that they needed to smoke weed all day, heavy rotation. that's where you fall off and wake up in 2004 all depressed wondering if you should quit. if you stayed steady and moderate with it from the door you were in control, that goes for everything. but it's different for everybody. my wife as i mentioned smokes only occasionally when she feels like it and often won't smoke for huge chunks of time, because it isn't a reliance situation for her. for me i also could take it or leave it. i do think that in a relationship you don't want to resent the other persons tendencies, or else you lose your admiration for them. strong woman, that's key. weed outlook, depends on the person, some can handle, some shouldn't handle, some bite off more than they can chew. every situation is different so it's good you found what works for you.

Quote:h,121b,121
    Quote:h,121b,121One of my biggest motivations to stop was the fact that I didnt want a wife who smoked... so if I didnt want a woman who smoked, I had to stop. If I was to deserve her, I had to be what it was that I wanted for myself. I smoked for 12 years since the age of 13. Its been 11 years as of 3-16-08... My wife does not smoked and has produce wonderful children with and for me. My life with her is really all the life that I can remember... my life before her is and was a meaningless blur...b,121b,121smoking was fun at first but it turned into stress for me, I would get high and then beat myself up for getting high. Once I became what it was that I wanted from my mate, my wife stepped out of the world into my life and I have learned to love myself as a result of loving her. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121RAY!!!! havent seen you in years!!!!! where you at homie???b,121I miss you man!!!!!! hollllerrrrrrrrrrrr img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerbang.gif" alt="" 21 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121b,121b,121happy for you but this sounds so severe...weed is not heroin. it's all these corny foolish kids who decided in the 1990's that they needed to smoke weed all day, heavy rotation. that's where you fall off and wake up in 2004 all depressed wondering if you should quit. if you stayed steady and moderate with it from the door you were in control, that goes for everything. but it's different for everybody. my wife as i mentioned smokes only occasionally when she feels like it and often won't smoke for huge chunks of time, because it isn't a reliance situation for her. for me i also could take it or leave it. i do think that in a relationship you don't want to resent the other persons tendencies, or else you lose your admiration for them. strong woman, that's key. weed outlook, depends on the person, some can handle, some shouldn't handle, some bite off more than they can chew. every situation is different so it's good you found what works for you. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121what is this?b,121b,121b,121looks damn good img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/551.gif" alt="" 21

On the topic... My cousin just went to rehab today to detox and get off the weed and grog. At first we were giving him shit, ala Halfbaked, but then it made the rest of us think...shit...maybe its really a problem, cus everyone is on that 'i can quit if i want myth' but it seems harder in practise.b,121b,121I dont know about the states, but ove in Aust one problem is the Hydroponic batches have gotten stronger and stronger, and the chemicals used in the production I think have an effect. Im thinking of shiffting of Hydro weed and going back to natural bush buds...b,121b,121Do you guys find the strength of new hydro breeds are too much? Reckon thats why ppl are finding it harder to quit nowdays? I think some of the shit were getting here would be 30-40% THC on average.

• i haven't smoked since i posted in this thread... okay, i did the next day, but not since then. its been 4 days (a VERY long time for me). seriously considering loading a bowl and watching juno - for the first time.

• Quote:h,121b,121i haven't smoked since i posted in this thread... okay, i did the next day, but not since then. its been 4 days (a VERY long time for me). seriously considering loading a bowl and watching juno - for the first time. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121do it

Quote:h,121b,121i haven't smoked since i posted in this thread... okay, i did the next day, but not since then. its been 4 days (a VERY long time for me). seriously considering loading a bowl and watching juno - for the first time. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121do it b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121you sir, are a bad influence. however, consider it done!

• Quote:h,121b,121Do you guys find the strength of new hydro breeds are too much? Reckon thats why ppl are finding it harder to quit nowdays? I think some of the shit were getting here would be 30-40% THC on average. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121what you are smoking is 30-40% toxic fertilizer chemicalsb,121what next, alter the DNA structure in a lab for maximum THC output?b,121BABYLON

Yeah thats what im saying..... ^^^^^^b,121b,121But its almost impossible to get 'natural' weed in Sydney these days, its all indoor hydro set ups, pumped full of chemicals....b,121b,121Think im gonna have to do for self from now on....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121Aside from all the who smokes who doesn't threads, I haven't really seen (or found while searching) any threads about heads who've quit after years and years of smoking. I've been smoking for just under 10 years, every day, multiple times a day. I'm not one of those people who's going to knock it, but it just isn't working for me physically anymore. All it does nowadays is provoke anxiety. I've been running regularly for a couple of years now, and I'm definitely going to keep that going, but to those who've been through it -- I'd appreciate some tips on how to get over the psychological cravings for that shit, as well as any other. A real head would like to know the deal. b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freeway.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sn.gif" alt="" 21 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121Yo Siro,b,121b,121I wish you well in kicking the weed habit. I quit cold turkey back in 1998 (after a decade or more of blazin') and I don't regret it. I had much more "pep in my step" afterward quitting, since weed really mellowed me out (perhaps, too much at times). Now, if I could just stop smoking cigarettes. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21 Best wishes, mane!!!b,121b,121Peace,b,121b,121Big Stacks from Kakalak

• This thread is all kinds of sad.b,121b,121Write this down then Siro: being broke, quitting coffee and sugar, kung-fu, beer and "just speak to someone." So much bad advice is all kinds of FAIL. b,121b,121img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" 21

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    bump

• I never figured out what Skip Drinkwater's old Strut handle was.

• this thread reminds me of sumthin i was supposed to do 4 years ago, but i forgot....

actually thats not funny at all, i have been connoisseur of the herbs since my early 20's, but for the last 5/6 yrs, have been daily smoker 3 or 4 per day, i have been battling the quitting thing for a while now, i have a great job, i am successful at what i do and make good money, weed doesnt hold me back in my job nor do i smoke while i am at werk but once i quit smoking cigarettes my habit got worse, at one point $500 a month just for herbs, sad thing is on the canadian east coast, dudes roll with tobacco, so i "really" didnt quit tobacco although a pack of smokes last me a month now as opposed to 2 days....i dont smoke in our new house so that means um out on the deck when its 0c freezing my ass off to catch a buzz (lol, seems ridiculous) which isnt friggin cool at all...

the last 2 months i have drastically cut down, my habit is still at $250 a month but my smoking is less, so if you been trying to quit i feel where your at, as many times as i say i have to quit i find reasons not to...such a vicious cycle...

*steps out on the deck....