Software for putting Track ID marks on mixes

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
What's the best one to use? Doesn't matter if it's free or not. I'm on a Mac.b,121b,121I need to put gapless IDs in a mix.

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121What's the best one to use? Doesn't matter if it's free or not. I'm on a Mac.b,121b,121I need to put gapless IDs in a mix. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121b,121Your recording program won't do it? Or are you needing to add them to mp3s?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I record in Pro Tools. I've always just taken the file and run it through a program on my man's computer (Nero I think.) I don't know if Pro Tools is able to do track marks.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I don't know either, because I use cubase. But, you can definitely just go in and cut the track into four parts with all of your cuts done right on beat, then mix those tracks down with the appropriate titles. Makes sense?

• by track IDs do you mean just splitting it up into tracks?b,121on a mac i think toast has the best burning software, it can do CD Text and burn gapless discsb,121b,121just take your final 2-track pro tools files, split the sections into tracks, bounce them one at a time (track 01, track 02) and burn it all in toastb,121b,121is that what you were asking?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I think I used Acid before. I can't remember though if it was on a mac or not. But it was easy as hell.b,121b,121
    Quote:h,121b,121on a mac i think toast has the best burning software, it can do CD Text and burn gapless discsb,121b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121^^^ I say toast as well if you already have it, Im sure.

• Pretty sure Nero will handle this...after you right/apple click on the mix/go to properties and split it, then you can edit properties on each seperate track, including titles.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Nero will do this, just make sure all the pauses or gaps are set to "0 secs." Don't know about Nero on a mac tho. b,121b,121Cosmo, you may be able to do the split in protools (selecter tool, click on the waveform and get the cursor, and then ctrl-e i think.) As long as you just split the waveform in protools, it should be gapless as long as there's no pause between songs in whatever app you use to burn the cd...

• Itunes can even do gapless CDs... are you talking about a program that'll cut 1 track into many tracks while burning... I heard CD architect does that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Do you mean track marks on one single long audio file?b,121b,121Also is this for an mp3 player, or being burnt to cd?

• you can export regions from protools

• Quote:h,121b,121you can export regions from protools b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121or you can bounce each desired track as a separate file, put em in itunes, rename the individual tracks, and burn.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    But if I've already bounced, Toast will be my best bet?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    open the bounced file in protools divide the mix into tracks and export them seperately, then you can add tags in toast.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121open the bounced file in protools divide the mix into tracks and export them seperately, then you can add tags in toast. b,121b,121h,121
    this

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Seems like that shit would take mad long. I'm just saying, when I've used Nero to put joints in I've just imported the file into the program that took a few minutes, went through the wave file and clicked where I wanted track breaks, and boom - there it was.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    You can do this dumb easy in mastering programs like WaveLab or Soundforge, even Audition. It's just like in older Nero versions.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well then maybe I should just ask what the best mastering program for Mac is. Anyone got any recommendations?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I'm not familiar with what's available for Mac (I've heard of Bias Peak but have no experience with it) but you will be very happy having a mastering program in your arsenal.b,121b,121EDIT-b,121From a blog so be careful:b,121http://rapidshare.com/files/2229019/Peak_Pro_5.2_K.zip

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121Seems like that shit would take mad long. I'm just saying, when I've used Nero to put joints in I've just imported the file into the program that took a few minutes, went through the wave file and clicked where I wanted track breaks, and boom - there it was. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121This is basically what me, Delay and Jonny were saying. Just import the bounced file, click and divide it where you want each break, and then select the whole thing and export (its an option if you click on the top of regions bin.) It'll export all the pieces as individual files, which can then be burned gapless. It's pretty quick, once you've done all the splits, you wont even need to bounce, just export....