barthelona!

DJ_ObelixDJ_Obelix 55 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
I am off to barcelona in a bit and was wondering if strutters had any knowledge they wouldnt mind sharing. as always its the usual topics that need coverage drinking, eating, seeing, clubbing, record buying, etc... any help would be most appreciated. also im flying into Reus and have checked out the transport situation, if anyone has any better ideas than a bus to the coach station then a train into barca then i am all ears.b,121b,121Cheers in advance

Comments

• Go check out Hooks.....nice pirate bar!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!b,121& have an Estrella too.....mmmmmmmmmm!!b,121b,121Was 2years ago now but i travelled (airport bus....maybe ryan air?) from a barcelona train station to reus....was more difficult (as there were so many differnt bus stops at the station which was huge and i speak no Espa??ol.). i'd imagine it would be super easy to just bus into barcelona city centre. from what i recall, wasn't overly expensive either(maybe 10/15euro ??)and the trains are pretty easy to manouver round main areas.b,121b,121I do remember arriving with one of my bestfriends, getting in the cab on the way to our apartment and the 1st thing we hear on the radio was gipsy kings bamboleo......very movie like at the time!! b,121 b,121Viva la Barthelona!!

• Check out Frans??Night at Sala Apolo on Thursdays, usually he does some serious bookings, he also runs the Mau mau, a Bar around the corner from Sala Apolo,b,121I had some nice food at Santa Maria (awesome tapas) in Comer??, 17. There??s a lot of other Restaurants in the area wich are pretty good. For any Barbequed meat check out the Argentinean Places they do some made science on the BBQ side.b,121Check out the many liitle Bars, don??t buy weed on the Rambla and don??t forget to order a carrachio before you go out...b,121btw. take the Bus from the Airport. anything else is to much hassle.b,121have fun.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Records just go off las ramblas and explore... the markets are a bit "ehhh" but a few bits turned up...

• cheers for this guys. once again the rounded knowledge of the strut is here for all to see.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    have fun, explore.b,121Rent a scooter and cruise around town checking out the Gaudis. Dont be afraid to spend a little money. that is one of the regrets of the month i spent there. I was busy spending 2 euro on felafel and not experiencing the local flavors. have a good time

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hey Obelixb,121if we're not 3 up by halftime we want to hear mental boos and catcalls at Capello and his/our team.b,121Please do your best.b,121Thanks

• hey man im only a quarter english. also i live here which generally means i cant support them and so i will be laughing if you get beat.b,121i doubt youll be 3-0 up by half time. given you have one of the most defensive managers going.

Quote:h,121b,121hey man im only a quarter english. also i live here which generally means i cant support them and so i will be laughing if you get beat.b,121i doubt youll be 3-0 up by half time. given you have one of the most defensive managers going. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121True, dat.b,121But if you live there, why you asking for local info???b,121Actually I'll be laughing if we get beat. Those douches need a super-large dose of reality asap.

• sorry man i meant i live in england, theres been some massive communication breakdown! forget my last post its pretty much irrelevant now. i see it being 3-0 at full time maybe. but no crouch or owen??!?!?! whats happening there? also i assume youve been up to date with the transfer day dealings. what the jebus is robinho doing here in manchester playing for city!!!

I saw pix of the press conference and his body language looked mad sore.b,121And that bb cap back2front was sorry.b,121I foresee nowt but problems.....b,121Mystic skel hath spoken.b,121Amen

• yeah i think he more wanted to get out of madrid than go to city! i was wondering whether his agent actually told him which manchester he was going to! its gonna be an interesting season. i can't help but see big phil kicking off with roman, and although thaskin has gone there is plenty of scope for madness atr eastlands! dont even get me started on rafa and liverpool, BRING IT ON!!!

• oh and keegan has just left newcastle! lat the madness ensue!