Chop Socky Chooks...WTF?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2008 in Strut Central
http://chopsockychooks.com/Can I add this to my "words I hate"?

Comments

• What's a chook...

AND, could they squeeze any more sterotypes in there?

Agreed -

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Chooks is the "brotherman w/ the fro?"

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    No thats K.O. Joe.... and his Afro Pick acts as a grappling hook.

Haha... just Wiki'd it.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Hes a comic book store owner... who shreds on a wooden skateboard.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    "Chook" sounds like a combination of two well-known racial slurs.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Chook" sounds like a combination of two well-known racial slurs.

sayin!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Please, step into the time machine and let's go back in time:

Main Characters

J.J./K.O. Joe: Joe is a streetwise comic shop owner. He owns a classic wooden skateboard and can really shred the mall. His afro comb is also capable of acting as a grappling hook. In "In Your Dreams", he has a fear of jelly beans (especially the red ones) after a traumatic babyhood event in which a red jelly bean got stuck up his nose and had to go to the hospital.

Chick P/Chickadee Pao: Chick P is a cool kung fu girl who serves as a maintenance girl in Wasabi World. She was trained by Professor Shericon. She is the only female in K.O. Joe's and Chuckie's team, but also the smartest member. She really detests Dr. Wasabi after he bought up her family's land to build Wasabi World.

Chuckie Chan/Sensei Chan: Chuckie is a wise warrior, who learns the mastery of kung fu. He owns a dojo in Wasabi World. Chuckie is also seen performing an energy attack. His name is a play on the traditional Japanese name sensei, for teacher. He was based on Jackie Chan. In "In Your Dreams", he has a fear of rubber ducks.

Villains

Dr. Wasabi: An evil German-accented piranha made of wasabi paste who is the main villain of the series. He's the owner of Wasabi World, the main arch-enemy of the Chop Socky Chooks and the leader of the ninja monkey army. In "If Looks Can Kill," Dr. Wasabi was shown to have the ability to multiply, though that was only an illusion caused by Deadeye. In "In Your Dreams", he has a fear of knives.

Bubba: Dr. Wasabi's fat, strong, dimwitted, and incompetent albino gorilla servant. In Big Bad Bubba, it is revealed that he can't read and has a small brain. His childish nature may be some sort of weakness despite his inability to read but still, his intimidation and temper seem to be the source of his own orders to the Ninja Monkeys. He also seems to have a crush on Chickadee.

The Ninja Monkeys: A group of ninja-like monkeys who serve as the foot soldiers of Dr. Wasabi.

Karmagatchas: Evil little toys that suck out a persons good karma by hugging them(possibly the name "karma-gotcha"). Wasabi used them to suck the karma out of everyone on Christmas Eve to use for himself. They appear in "His Master's Choice." their name is a parody of the Tamagotchi virtual pets.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    it's not a bad show, my stepson watches it. Although I prefer Chowder

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Chick P/Chickadee Pao: Chick P is a cool kung fu girl

That's fantastic. "Hey???what should we name the female character?" "I dunno. How about Broad?" "I'm thinking Chick." "That works. Let's grab some martinis."

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Although I prefer Chowder
    and Flapjack?
    I really like watching Flapjack with my little dude.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Luckily this show redeems its racist tendencies by portraying Germans and fat albinos as the villains.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    this shit looks awful, but "chook" is just another word for chicken.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Chook Ones?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    it's not a bad show, my stepson watches it. Although I prefer Chowder

They're making some really bugged out cartoons for kids these days, though. Not saying our era wasn't weird, but some of these are just...