Prelude Records

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
A bunch of Prelude 12"s over at the blog. A lot of other stuff as well.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    A bunch of Prelude 12"s over at the blog. A lot of other stuff as well.

NICE! Thank you hommie. I'm bout to get my DL on.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Yeah Prelude is that s*it... Secret Weapon, "Must Be the Music"... that's my jam! Damn!

Neon Deion! LOL. "Must be the money"........

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I've always found stuff on preulde to be rather tepid. Please to recomend the SURE-SHOT BANGERS on this label so i can czech.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    isnt that exactly what he did @ the blog?

What?
    Patrick Adams tepid??? Do you ride for disco?

Secret Weapon
    Must Be the Music

X-15
    Broadway

Body movement
    Conquest

You're the one for me
    D-Train

Everybody get off
    Daybreak

Gonna get over you
    France Joli

You'll never know
    Hi-Gloss

I'm caught up
    Inner Life

Dancin' at the Disco
    LAX

Feed the flame
    Lorraine Johnson

Disco Circus
    Martin Circus

Glide
    Musique

In the bush
    Musique"

Keep on jumpin'
    Musique

Shake it up (Do the Boogaloo)
    Rod

Can you handle it
    Sharon Redd

Body music
    Strikers

What I got is what you need
    Unique

I hear music in the street
    Unlimited Touch

In the middle
    Unlimited Touch

I've always found stuff on preulde to be rather tepid. Please to recomend the SURE-SHOT BANGERS on this label so i can czech.

Kinetic, you are BUGGIN'!!!!!!!!!

France Jolie - "Gonna Get Over You"

Janet Lady Day - "Come Let Me Love You"

Unlimited Touch - "I Hear Muisc In The Streets"

D-Train "Keep On"

Inner Life "I'm Caught Up"

Unlimited Touch "Searching To Find The One"

I could go on and on.....

Sorry guys - I'm evidently

I do ride for disco, but I guess salsoul type stuff has a funkier edge for me, generally speaking, and the prelude stuff always seemed to learn towards a house kind of sound... does that make sense? I'll check the blog when i get home from work since my work server is blocking it.

And thanks for the recomendations, I do have that Musique 12 you named there degreeze, but it wasn't quite my bag.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Nick Straker - Lil Bit Of Jazz
    Macho - I'm A Man
    Satin, Silk & Lace - Your Love

Sorry guys - I'm evidently

I do ride for disco, but I guess salsoul type stuff has a funkier edge for me, generally speaking, and the prelude stuff always seemed to learn towards a house kind of sound... does that make sense? I'll check the blog when i get home from work since my work server is blocking it.

And thanks for the recomendations, I do have that Musique 12 you named there degreeze, but it wasn't quite my bag.

Word. Patrick Adams really was that Prelude dude and he created Musique... and your house comment makes sense because his sound was really what would later be house music. I am not a house fan, but that early stuff is cool. He also later produced Paid in Full, Eric B and Rakim and if you listen to some of the effects on that record, even though it's a hip hop record there are house-type effects he snuck in there like echoes and drum delays. So some of my love for Prelude 12"s comes from the respect I have for this dude.

Word - thanks for the knoweldge drop.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    one of my favorite songs ever

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

that's on Prelude? I have a version on a totally different label.

But yeah, Prelude got mad joints.That Sharon Reid 12'' is a killer

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

You're the one for me
    D-Train

That's my shit right there!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Nick Straker - Lil Bit Of Jazz
    that's on Prelude? I have a version on a totally different label.
    The 12" and the LP both on Prelude. I'm curious about your version--a Euro press maybe?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    yeah straker was a bit of a hit and was licensed to a bunch of labels internationally.

the label was very versatile, from traditional disco sounds to 80's garage, from gospel to electro they released a little bit of everything. most of the time quality stuff too.

make sure to peep thisfor a disco soul masterpiece you might have missed.

yeah shit's hard to get.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This is a great album. Features a lot of the joints mentioned in this thread, too.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    d-train - keep on (dub mix)

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    This is a great album. Features a lot of the joints mentioned in this thread, too.

Yeah, I was gonna recommend the same. Shep Pettibone reworks the songs just the slightest bit, but they all benefit from his mixes. It bangs from start to finish. I ride hard for Prelude 12"s.

I'll repeat my request here: if anyone has the Cliff Frazier & co 12" please to rip it and post it... or alternatively, sell it to me.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Yeah, I was gonna recommend the same. Shep Pettibone reworks the songs just the slightest bit, but they all benefit from his mixes. It bangs from start to finish. I ride hard for Prelude 12"s.

I thought of this one too. Solid end-to-end twofer that stays in my crate, and I like the Pettibone treatments.
    Kinetic, if you want an introduction to some good Prelude titles, get this comp.
    There's also a second volume that's not strictly Prelude and with Tony Humphries doing some of the mixes.