Noz: Speak on It!

2»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    first two trina records are tight but even im not fuckin with trina any more

khaled is the only dude i check for on that cover really. his last record maybe a classic one day??? depends how well that miami runners sound ages i guess. but really nothing was fuckin with it as party rap records go in the 07

heaux-may:

wtf? Blow and Hustlin' where hits/sorta-hits but really the Runners/Ross material isn't that big of a deal to people. I will say "Grammy Family"
    ricky rawsss is rough as rappers go. i cant stand him really. who remembers his guest verse on thug holiday??? pretty good actually. and of course hustlin is a classic. but yeah normally cant stand him.

but he works alright as a small part of the khaled aesthetic. 'im so hood' and 'we takin over' were anthems - people were definitely feeling those. puerto rican festival in my neighborhood is coming up = crazy numbers of bootleg 'we takin over' t-shirts if anyone is interested

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    In my estimation, Rick Ross is sitting pretty with rap's song of the year right now.

On a sidenote, is any other city having David Banner's Get Like Me played on the radio like crazy right now?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I like Ricks verse on this track, that's about it. and for a little cross-thread pollination here's a Justice/Strut related video remix

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

On a sidenote, is any other city having David Banner's Get Like Me played on the radio like crazy right now?

It's been played a lot out here on the radio, to the point that it's kind of "last seasons hit" if you will. I think it got played a lot, still gets some play, but is more on it's way out.

It's been played a lot out here on the radio, to the point that it's kind of "last seasons hit" if you will. I think it got played a lot, still gets some play, but is more on it's way out.

Yeah, it wasn't really played here until Banner came here for SXSW and blew everyone's minds...again.

Austin's been on Banner's usual promo tour circuit since the Like a Pimp days and it's weird how there's a cycle where it seems he gets forgotten, then he comes to town and for a while after that he's king, then he's forgotten again.

But yeah, as Get Like Me is still hot here...it's still not getting as much play as Big M.O.E.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    In my estimation, Rick Ross is sitting pretty with rap's song of the year right now.

Dude, that record is boring as schitt.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Dropp it in a clurb and you will see that stunting is apparently a difficult habit to break.

B/W

GIT LIKE ME

Dude, that record is boring as schitt.

Apparently, your opinion on this doesn't matter.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    hes right tho, thats some tpain by numbers and a boring ass beat and what is there to say about dude as a rapper

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the khaled aesthetic.

LOL.

I mean, who needs a dude that can rap, write songs or make beats when he brings his own aesthetic to the table?

you know, this one:

groundbreaking.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the khaled aesthetic.

LOL.

I mean, who needs a dude that can rap, write songs or make beats when he brings his own aesthetic to the table?

you know, this one:

groundbreaking.

The concept of The Khaled Aesthetic is a pretty gigglesome one--maybe we need a graemlin.

hes right tho, thats some tpain by numbers and a boring ass beat and what is there to say about dude as a rapper

Euro-critique it all you want...none of your petty noise matters.

My personal thought is that the beat is great, T-Pain's contribution is actually refreshing, and Rick's raps are more than ample.

I dunno what keeps y'all from agreeing with me...but again, it don't much matter.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the khaled aesthetic.

LOL.

you know, this one:

groundbreaking.

The concept of The Khaled Aesthetic is a pretty gigglesome one--maybe we need a graemlin.
    i knew 'aesthetic' would be too big a word so u dudes would assume im pulling a breihan here but seriously the khaled record from last year is pretty sui generis (ibid)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    it was basically like the chronic 2001 was for dudes when i was in h.s. for kids in high school right now

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    it was basically like the chronic 2001 was for dudes when i was in h.s. for kids in high school right now

meaning what? that the state of rapp music was sad enough last year that HS kids had to settle for a a far inferior album to serve as their Chronic 2001? or that HS kids have worse musical taste than you did when you were in HS?

because I sure hope you do not mean to suggest that Khaled's album was/is Frickin' with Chronic 2001.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I like the single, it's a dope beat and catchy as fuck.

Deej:

No way in hell can The Khaled album but this generations Chronic 2001.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    In my school, youngsters are feeling David Banner "Git Like Me" b/w Snoop and Too $hort "Life of the Party" and E-40's "Turf Drop", as am I

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I like the single, it's a dope beat and catchy as fuck.

Deej:

No way in hell can The Khaled album but this generations Chronic 2001.

u will be bumping the chronic 2001 in yr whip while the KIDS TODAY ride for that miami sound

im not saying its as good as 2001 per se but its definitely in the same place

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Who would ride for these 4 dudes? That cover reeks of irony.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    In my school, youngsters are feeling David Banner "Git Like Me" b/w Snoop and Too $hort "Life of the Party" and E-40's "Turf Drop", as am I
    TOKENIZED

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    plaese to speak on the post-Khaled aesthetic and its impact upon the new Bun B.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lol, opinions

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    please to post your local high school rap experience