Dead Prez just installed my alarm

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Yup. We're having a new alarm system installed in the shop. So I have iTunes playing random hip hop. The alarm guy asks me if i've heard of Dead Prez. Turns out it's Stic-Man. He owns an alarm/AC install company. Says he took his album advance and invested it. Now he has his own company, is making money and doing pretty well. And he does Dead Prez on the side.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think that's pretty cool. Good to diversify! (And beats working for UPS)

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I can't believe you fell for the okey-doke.

He's gonna come back and jack you, Whitey! He has your security code.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Did you ask him if he wanted to play a game of chess on the futon?

• is it just me, or would anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable with this dude installing your alarm?

embedding disabled:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ZwVGY4Snc

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    We talked about old school hip hop. And how Dave Chappelle really has made them a lot of money. Turns out we had some mutual friends too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Did you ask him if he wanted to play a game of chess snack on some croutons[/b] on the futon?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You guys are such assholes.

There is NOTHING gay about mind sex between two men.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Is his alarm shop next door to Eric Sermon's rim shop?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• He still have that spot in Atl?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Yup.
    We're having a new alarm system installed in the shop. So I have iTunes playing random hip hop. The alarm guy asks me if i've heard of Dead Prez. Turns out it's Stic-Man. He owns an alarm/AC install company. Says he took his album advance and invested it. Now he has his own company, is making money and doing pretty well. And he does Dead Prez on the side.

thats what's up . Ironically he might be waaaaay more well off then a lot of his peers and dudes who got the push instead of his group.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    how lame is it to claim yourself, while you're on the job installing alarms.

"no really i'm much cooler than an HVAC man, i rap too"

He didn't claim himself. I had on old school hip hop and we got talking.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Sounds like Grav in Chicago...dude is a contract electrician.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Yup.
    We're having a new alarm system installed in the shop. So I have iTunes playing random hip hop. The alarm guy asks me if i've heard of Dead Prez. Turns out it's Stic-Man. He owns an alarm/AC install company. Says he took his album advance and invested it. Now he has his own company, is making money and doing pretty well. And he does Dead Prez on the side.

thats what's up . Ironically he might be waaaaay more well off then a lot of his peers and dudes who got the push instead of his group.

This is truth. Diversification and longterm planning...Fiscal Responsibility is the new 'bling.'

My boss told a story of working with a financial planner who had a rapper as a client. Rapper didn't listen to his advice. Lost everything, including his friends, and was found sitting in his underwear in his empty mansion by said advisor.

Where'd the money go??

TOO MUCH POSSE.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I think that's pretty cool. Good to diversify! (And beats working for UPS)

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts

This is truth. Diversification and longterm planning...Fiscal Responsibility is the new 'bling.'

My boss told a story of working with a financial planner who had a rapper as a client. Rapper didn't listen to his advice. Lost everything, including his friends, and was found sitting in his underwear in his empty mansion by said advisor.

Where'd the money go??

TOO MUCH POSSE.

your boss has some truly original stories...rivoting

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Where'd the money go??

TOO MUCH POSSE.

your boss has some truly original stories...rivoting

That boss may actually have experienced that story...he has spent, lo, the last 25 years in entertainment. And, even if it ain't original, it sure gets played out frequently, no?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

That boss may actually have experienced that story...he has spent, lo, the last 25 years in entertainment. And, even if it ain't original, it sure gets played out frequently, no?

For real, you guys heard bout Latrell Sprewell getting his house foreclosed on this week, didn't you? And he was making more money than 90% of rappers will ever see.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This profile of Lenny Dykstra's new venture speaks to how a lot of rich athletes and celebs don't know how to manage a lick of their finances:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/03/24/080324fa_fact_mcgrath