Bike to Work day tomorrow

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I know most of y'all keep the physical exertion to a minimum, but tomorrow is bike to work day. Reduce yo carbon footprint for a day and ride yo bike!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bike-to-Work_Day

Comments

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts

Everday is bike to work day.

Reduce yo carbon footprint and ride yo bike!

In the bay urry, today is the "bike to work day". Free clif bars for days!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I should do that considering the transmission in my Saab is just about shot... again! I think instead of Bike to Work Day it's gonna be Buy a New Audi Day

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I should do that considering the transmission in my Saab is just about shot... again! I think instead of Bike to Work Day it's gonna be Buy a New Audi Day

you thinking about a3 or a4?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    seriously, i would love to ride my bike around my hood if it wasnt a straight suicide mission. Drivers out here (miami) are not the most bicyclist friendly, any bicycle saftey tips for this?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ride aggresively, dont pussyfoot around with them. make them nervous so they slow down. be very very visible. maybe stay right in the center lane
    have your chain or ulock handy...wave at driver if necessary.
    if they yell at you and say youre holding up traffic, say "i am traffic shit cheeks!"

have fun!! take back the streets

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    everyday was bike to work day for me (living the dream) unti last week when it was stolen by some Frickin' cunts from round the back of my house.

im still paying for it until next may and i cant afford another one.

edit: ha- just noticed that the board has censored the word 'Frickin''... but not the word 'cunts'. ace.

A5 son! Apparently there's a 10 month waiting list for the S5... fuck dat.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    man oh man, talking about your transmission has me shook. I just sank another grand into my Volkswagen... damn body computer. Now I got the timing belt. Man getting stuck with a lemon is the worst.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    im gon work around the whole bike to work day and just not go to work tomorrow.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    man oh man, talking about your transmission has me shook. I just sank another grand into my Volkswagen... damn body computer. Now I got the timing belt. Man getting stuck with a lemon is the worst.

Years ago I had a diesel VW Rabbit, my first car. The timing belt slipped and that was the end. I drove it for about a year, and this was after the thing had over 100k miles.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    don't get ME shook boys, i just restored the 240 volvo wagon (but lucklily replaced the timing belt, etc.) i'm hoping the rust that's underneath will hold up until i can get that taken care of. damn jersey shore salt air.

i will ride the single speed FUJI steel frame if i have to.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i biked to work yesterday. it was super fun cause a bunch of people also did so i was less scared of cars in a pack. and i got a tote bag to add to the pile of tote bags i will never use.

the 1/4 size cliff bar was my breakfast

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i walk or bus to work every day. can't recommend it enough.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

S8 folls! Ball or fall.............

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    i walk or bus to work every day. can't recommend it enough.

Even without a bar car, the train is a classy way to commute.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    train is my favorite way to travel but not a commute option for me sadly.

S8 folls! Ball or fall.............

They had an S5 on the lot... so nasty. I might bite the bullet and go for it tomorrow. S6 and S8 are too big. That means come to Santa Cruz and buy my records tomorrow morning!

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I didn't bike to work yesterday cause I don't like dealing with the pack of amateurs aka audrey's aka lames.

today wasn't bad except for a few people making lifestyle changes but don't pay attention to whats around them