LAST PICTURES OF JIMI HENDRIX

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
September 5th. 1970. 19 days before his death. He was on a tour in Germany. Back than there where no nightliners, so they had to drive by train, plain and public bus transportation.These pictures where made in Hamburg in front of the main train station. PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    rad photos...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Here are the reall last photos of Jimi, taken by his girlfriend the afternoon before he died.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/ruexperienced/LastPhotos/LastPhotos.html

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    so maybe this was just his last professional photo shoot? either way, cool pictures.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    I was afraid when I saw this post that there would be tasteless autopsy pictures. Thanks for not being that dude.
    Wow, Jimi was a beautiful person, totally in his own hemisphere in every way.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    whats a nightliner?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    whats a nightliner?

Maybe similar to catching a "red eye"?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I was afraid when I saw this post that there would be tasteless autopsy pictures. Thanks for not being that dude.

I thought it was going to be that recently-released puerno tape.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I can't believe that Hendrix wasn't around to create in the 70s, a progressive decade of music that he influenced so greatly.

• Nice avatar photo, Drew.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    what would haendrix have been doing in the 70s, 80s and 90s if he wouldve been alive? i often think about that

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
    Coolest son of a bitch ever??

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Coolest son of a bitch ever??

Those pictures posted are beautiful, digital photography could never replicate that clarity and warmth in a picture.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    what would HENDRIX have been doing in the 70s, 80s and 90s if he wouldve been alive? i often think about that

Ive imagined him on Miles Davis On The Corner and messin w/ all the Funk bands that emerged in the mid 70's.

But its hard to say cause If he was still around the landscape wouldny have been the same.

It does seem he was headed towards more overtly "Black" styles of music.

Fuck......Band Of Gypsies w/ a horn section and the Pointer Sisters...shit.

He;s a hard cat to pigeonhole. If he was able to hang on to Electric Ladyland, imagine all the musicians that would have come thru that muthafucka.

And then Im sure his handlers would have had him trying to keep the audience he built w/ the first three albums happy. Arena Rock!!!

But damn.....Jimi Hendrix doin' Disco.....

• HamHam 872 Posts
    what would HENDRIX have been doing in the 70s, 80s and 90s if he wouldve been alive? i often think about that

Ive imagined him on Miles Davis On The Corner and messin w/ all the Funk bands that emerged in the mid 70's.

But its hard to say cause If he was still around the landscape wouldny have been the same.

It does seem he was headed towards more overtly "Black" styles of music.

Fuck......Band Of Gypsies w/ a horn section and the Pointer Sisters...shit.

He;s a hard cat to pigeonhole. If he was able to hang on to Electric Ladyland, imagine all the musicians that would have come thru that muthafucka.

And then Im sure his handlers would have had him trying to keep the audience he built w/ the first three albums happy. Arena Rock!!!

yeah i've read somewhere that that Gil Evans plays jimi hendrix album was supposed to be a collaboration between hendrix and evans, but hendrix passed away before it could happen...he would've definately done stuff with miles i think

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I can definitely see why I've been getting so many Hendrix comparisons lately..

I shaved my mustache and my face feels naked.

- spidey

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

This is a very interesting question. Shit would have been so different with him around. I don't think he would have gone disco. For the late 70's and early 80's, I see him going in a more prog direction. Not grandiose, but rather less accessible rock with more virtuosity.

Despite how big he was, he was always so on his own level that I don't see him moving to crossover commercially. By '85 I see him moving inward and doing a rock/jazz/fusion type thing. Selling out shows but at small venues full of diehard heads. Niche "guitar god" status like Joe Satriani but, of course, way way better.

That's just my opinion. It's fun to imagine. but yeah, you can't even compare the music world with him with the music world as it was, without him.

This is a very interesting question. Shit would have been so different with him around. I don't think he would have gone disco. For the late 70's and early 80's, I see him going in a more prog direction. Not grandiose, but rather less accessible rock with more virtuosity.

Despite how big he was, he was always so on his own level that I don't see him moving to crossover commercially. By '85 I see him moving inward and doing a rock/jazz/fusion type thing. Selling out shows but at small venues full of diehard heads. Niche "guitar god" status like Joe Satriani but, of course, way way better.

That's just my opinion. It's fun to imagine. but yeah, you can't even compare the music world with him with the music world as it was, without him.

I dont see him "going" Disco ,but all the drugs he did no doubt would have him up in the disco.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There is a special place in the afterlife reserved for people who mention Joe Satriani and Jimi in the same post.

I dont see him "going" Disco ,but all the drugs he did no doubt would have him up in the disco.

oh for sure. I can picture him lamping in Studio 54 and getting all the coke and brains he could handle.

The big question I suppose is: Would he have began to suck, and at what point would that have been? I'm not suggesting anyone try to answer that though. We should not speak ill.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I picked up an obscure Curtis Knight disco 7" with a pic sleeve, synth leads and beats... pretty cool. I imagine Hendrix would've been doing some far out shit, that's for sure.

There is a special place in the afterlife reserved for people who mention Joe Satriani and Jimi in the same post.

Please. you know what I meant.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I was just kidding.....but I do hate that Vai/Satriani/Malmsteen wankery.

Good. I didn't want any mistake to be made there. I hate all those dudes too, and I sensed I was setting myself up for a bad one by even mentioning JS. I just meant that Hendrix would be in a personal, virtuoso space doing shit that would appeal to a much smaller band of the fan spectrum. As time went on, he would get smaller, not larger.

Good. I didn't want any mistake to be made there. I hate all those dudes too, and I sensed I was setting myself up for a bad one by even mentioning JS. I just meant that Hendrix would be in a personal, virtuoso space doing shit that would appeal to a much smaller band of the fan spectrum. As time went on, he would get smaller, not larger.

See. Id ahve to disagree here. I think he would have gone the route of Eric Clapton or at least sustain that Guitar God status. Once your have that w/ the Rock Media ur shit is gold. Im just wondering if he would have left the "Rockists" behind and been on some Super-Cocaine-Funk-shit. I just dont see him doin the masterbatory Prog thang....He partied to much.

See. Id ahve to disagree here. I think he would have gone the route of Eric Clapton or at least sustain that Guitar God status. Once your have that w/ the Rock Media ur shit is gold. Im just wondering if he would have left the "Rockists" behind and been on some Super-Cocaine-Funk-shit. I just dont see him doin the masterbatory Prog thang....He partied to much.

Good, i was hoping to have a discussion. I don't know if he would have gone funk, as in George Clinton funk, but maybe back towards the blues, sort of like Eric Clapton. I see this happening in the 90's when he would be in his 40's or 50's. (Note to Rockadelic: I didn't bring up Clapton!)

Mainly, I picture, like someone said, his handlers pushing him to get bigger and bigger. "Jimi, you're huge! Do a disco record! Do a record with Tom Jones! Do a record with one of these rap kids!" I don't see Jimi getting with any of that shit and saying "forget yall, I'm going to do what I want," and just doing more and more weird stuff. Not "prog," per se, but definitely "progressive," in the sense that he would do his thing and explore new territory.

Who knows? Maybe he would have gone through a jazz phase. It's fun to do this with Hendrix because he's one of the few people that could go in any direction and it would sound plausible.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    GAAAAAWD HOW I HATE SPECULATIONS ON WHAT JIMI HENDRIX MIGHT HAVE DONE HAD HE NOT DIED.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I imagine he would have ultimately tired of the music game and gone on to a successful career in alarm installation.

• Whats the story behind these photos? Did they just surface or what?

They're cool by the way.

Peace,

Dress

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Whats the story behind these photos? Did they just surface or what?

They're cool by the way.

Peace,

Dress

I'd like to know as well, there are plenty of people in the world withholding more of his pictures, .....so is that bastard who is holding the Miles/Hendrix tape.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

I'd like to know as well, there are plenty of people in the world withholding more of his pictures, .....so is that bastard who is holding the Miles/Hendrix tape.

What tape? Miles himself said they never played together. In his autobiography Miles said they were supposed to meet at a party to discuss it, but Miles skipped the party and sent a score for Jimi to look over instead, and of course Jimi didn't read music. There were also disagreements over who would get paid what, and in the end there was never even a recording date arranged, let alone complete sessions.