Edwards Endorsing Obama (pol-rel)

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

So I say he started the fire. Very few people believe that, but it is important to denounce those rumors because maybe someone wont hear about it unless you denounce it.

What the hell kind of kookoo backwards talk is this?

You say he started the fire but you condemn those who say he did?

Yes.

I am trying to lampoon people like George W Bush, who made sure everyone knew about the swift boat veterans lies by denouncing them at every opportunity. Or McCain who uses his denouncements of Hagee (who he still calls his spiritual leader) to make sure everyone knows about Wright. I also do it to get rock's goat, because he likes posting pictures of goats.

Obviously I am not funny, and I haven't seen any goats so I will stop. Or not.

^^^ Now that is funny!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

"The Chocolate Chip Cookie is younger than John McCain.
    OK, this is an odd one. Apparently, the chocolate chip cookie has not been around since the dawn of time. It did not evolve from anything, nor was it hanging down from the forbidden tree (or whatever it???s called) in the Garden of Eden. It was, in fact, invented in 1937 by Ruth Graves Wakefield of Whitman, Massachusetts, who ran the Toll House Restaurant.
    So this classic staple and friend of milk lovers everywhere is actually younger than John McCain.
    (Thanks to Sean J. for the tip!)"

I call bullshit!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

OK, this is an odd one. Apparently, the chocolate chip cookie has not been around since the dawn of time. It did not evolve from anything, nor was it hanging down from the forbidden tree (or whatever it???s called) in the Garden of Eden. It was, in fact, invented in 1937 by Ruth Graves Wakefield of Whitman, Massachusetts, who ran the Toll House Restaurant.
    So this classic staple and friend of milk lovers everywhere is actually younger than John McCain.

I call bullshit!!

DUDE WHY ARE YOU RIDING FOR MCCAIN?!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I call bullshit!!

DUDE WHY ARE YOU RIDING FOR MCCAIN?!

I condemn those articles.

I noticed this:
    His wife at the time, was a member of the National League of Families and she fought to make sure that John McCain came home. He rewarded this loyalty by divorcing her after his return.

Perhaps this is the reason the woman from National League Of Families pissed McCain off so much. (see videos in the anti-mccain thread) She reminded him of his first wife and his betrayal of her and the vows that he swore before God.

It is important for a politician to have empathy. Bill Clinton had it in spades, as did Ronald Reagan. Bush made up for his lack of empathy with his good old boy act. HRC appears to have more empathy than Obama. It is an important trait in a politician.

I once testified to the city council. Most of the council were doing other things while I was testifying, reading memos, whispering to aides, cleaning their nails. Our mayor listened intently. When everyone from my group was done testifying, she made an impassioned speech that made our case better than any of us had. Then she lead the council in voting unanimously against us.

She was a good politician for her ability to express empathy, McCain with this bizarre out burst, attacking a woman who is lobbying for her MIA/POW brother, is about as bad a look as a politician can give. Far worse than Kerry's elitism or Obama's (alleged) aloofness.

I was just talking to a co-worker about this exact thing. It seems like Edwards might make a decent VP, but a not-so-good running mate.

Edwards has just stated that if asked he will not accept the vp position.

He will not rule out Attorney General. Maybe not too bad a choice. Especially now that Spitzers career is over.

In other news Huckabee is joking about Obama being assassinated.