oh snap

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
a dude from Japan is offering me $2000 to end the auction early for the Kool D.J. A.J. "Ah, That's The Joint" 12" I put up on Ebay today what would YOU do, soulstrut???

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Take tha money and fill up tha good old IRA

good luck Phil!!!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Get Money.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $5000

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    $5000

Have you ever considered a career as a financial advisor and or hedge fund manager?

seriously

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hah, I guess my measley bid isn't gonna do anything. DO IT.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    he's a japanese record collector he is definitely willing to drop more if hes offering you $2k

Yen per dollar values are like 20% what they were a year ago too so don't feel bad about wanting more

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yeah, for real.
    tell him youve already got some high offers,and youre considering, but $2000 and the $2300 that the french dude offered were still shy of your goal

sic balls, chopper, sic balls

then again.....$2000 feels nice to put in the pocket

FOR A RECORD NO LESS!!!!!!!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    how much has that record gone for in the past? i am not familiar with it at all. but i am familiar with the amount of 0's after that 2...

how much has that record gone for in the past? i am not familiar with it at all. but i am familiar with the amount of 0's after that 2...

probably goes for $3k in japan

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    STIMULATE THEM POCKETS!!!!!!!!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    That's a lotta yaper. Is the record any good?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    $2000 outside of ebay is good. You can't even get a negative feedback.

Just say some dude already offered you $2350 and see what he says. I guess that could be risky.

I'd say an outside sale for 2000 is good.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Take it. If your eyes are bulging out of your head... seems like 2 Gs is way above your expectations.

Also... please do NOT take the 2 Gs and save it or put it in some mutual fund. BLOW THAT SHIT AND HAVE FUN!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Also... please do NOT take the 2 Gs and save it or put it in some mutual fund. BLOW THAT SHIT AND HAVE FUN!

I kinda, totally agree with this. Even though I'm saving my Tax Rebate check (for a vacation, btw) I feel like anything under $10gs ain't enough that it isn't worth at least CONSIDERING blowing it on fun.

METH BINGE!!!!!!!

I kinda, totally agree with this. Even though I'm saving my Tax Rebate check (for a vacation, btw) I feel like anything under $10gs ain't enough that it isn't worth at least CONSIDERING blowing it on fun.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

...Hey. I SAID, 'considering.'

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    METH BINGE!!!!!!!

you beat me to it... i was about to say "crystal meth or absinthe?"

i think i'ma make like the steve miller band and take the money and run.... only way i'd be salty is if i found out there are people out there willing to spend like$4000+ for it.... $2000, $2500, really doesn't matter to me, i'm good with the 2 large

i did know it was a rare and sought after record but i really forgot that freddy fresh's book states that it goes for $500-$2000... nice surprise

is it a good record? in my opinion HELLS
    but that's just me... i don't care for most of that early disco-rap schitt. DJ AJ was a DJ, he wasn't even a rapper! i'll like the record a lot more when that 2G's finds it's way to my paypal though.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    METH BINGE!!!!!!!

you beat me to it... i was about to say "crystal meth or absinthe?"

i think i'ma make like the steve miller band and take the money and run.... only way i'd be salty is if i found out there are people out there willing to spend like$4000+ for it.... $2000, $2500, really doesn't matter to me, i'm good with the 2 large

i did know it was a rare and sought after record but i really forgot that freddy fresh's book states that it goes for $500-$2000... nice surprise

is it a good record? in my opinion HELLS
    but that's just me... i don't care for most of that early disco-rap schitt. DJ AJ was a DJ, he wasn't even a rapper! i'll like the record a lot more when that 2G's finds it's way to my paypal though.

Was he from the Bronx? I just got a lotta obscure/classic records with his name on them. Or there could be another one I guess...

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    he will bid that anyway...so why bother ending it now.
    paypal is gonna tax that ass tho

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Not necessarily some dudes get all bent out of shape when you shoot them
    down, then don't bid. A homey of mine was selling some ??ber rare private
    thing from WA state and got an offer of $2300 and said no, just bid.
    Dude didn't and it only when for $1000.
    He was bummed.

Take the scratch Phil!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Aside from possibly Beat Bop (which isn't for the music anyway) has any rap 12" ever gone for more than 2 G's?!?

paypal is gonna tax that ass tho

... that is something to consider as well. what's the math on $2000?
    would it be just wrong to tell ol' boy to kick an extra hundred or whatever to cover paypal fees? ahaha

Not necessarily some dudes get all bent out of shape when you shoot them
    down, then don't bid. A homey of mine was selling some ??ber rare private
    thing from WA state and got an offer of $2300 and said no, just bid.
    Dude didn't and it only when for $1000.
    He was bummed.

yeah, that happened to me before, too... usually you get more letting the auction play out though.
    i just got another comparable offer! should i just let these two dudes engage in their own secret auction? would that be morally reprehensible?

just let the auction go at it...that japanese dude gonna pull out all stops for that record

also you might want tell both of them that there have been multiple offers in that price range, so they can get the bidding war funds ready ahead of time

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wasnt DJ AJ, Busy Bee's DJ for a minute? and is it the same cat that Kurtis Blow rapped about?

Or wasnt Busy Bee AJ's Mc for a minute?