So what about that new Justice vid?

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
"Don't give a frick" done well or anti violence gone wrong? What does the Strut think? Media over here is eating this up right now...kinda nsfw...

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    anti violence gone wrong?

What is "anti-violent" about it?

Just looked like corny sensationalism to me.

The real question is, is it a video for a "song?"

I mean, is that track playing in the background some sort of single
    or something? Shit was mad post-chemical-brothers snooze.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    anti violence gone wrong?

What is "anti-violent" about it?

Just looked like corny sensationalism to me.

The real question is, is it a video for a "song?"

Some people understand it as "anti violence", some say its just made to raise attention. And yes, it is their new single (as far as i know) I still don't know what to think of this. I dont have a problem with justice, but maybe you're right with your perception...

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

Shit is hot garbage. Gratuitous violence mixed with some industrial dance trance nonsense aint doing anything for me. I havent been to a rave in 15 years. Apparently its working cause Ive been seeing this video getting lots of press. And its funny how you barely can hear the music over people getting slapped and screaming.

Ill ride for "D.A.N.C.E." but edgy techno gayness doesnt get any love at all.

these dudes here
    trying to be toughguys =

Just stick to making nu-disco hipster jams.

• I mean, is that track playing in the background some sort of single

Shit is hot garbage. Gratuitous violence mixed with some industrial dance trance nonsense aint doing anything for me. I havent been to a rave in 15 years. Apparently its working cause Ive been seeing this video getting lots of press. And its funny how you barely can hear the music over people getting slapped and screaming.

Ill ride for "D.A.N.C.E." but edgy techno gayness doesnt get any love at all.

these dudes here
    trying to be toughguys =

Just stick to making nu-disco hipster jams.

I'll ride for this video. Thought it was unique, intense, and unlike anything I'd seen before. The song on its own - I didn't like so much but with the video thought it mad a lot more sense.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    can't imagine making it through this video. watching it multiple times would be some kind of gauntanamo bay type torture technique. song is awful.

I'll ride for this video. Thought it was unique, intense, and unlike anything I'd seen before. The song on its own - I didn't like so much but with the video thought it mad a lot more sense.

reminds me of this

at least this track isnt HORRIBLE

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    it would be funnier if they were some serious townies.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I thought it was rather genius....

I thought it was rather genius....

you would....

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This shit is wack. Are people in France feeling this?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm surprised they picked what was probably the absolute worst song on the alblum to do the next single but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ed Banger HQ's idea to get the sensational schitt out there and get another mil from Cadillac or some car company looking for some post big beat beats

the video is a mix of LA HAINE, clockwork orange, the warriors, and that smack my batch up vid, even city of god, but not a new concept... works well with the long drawn out snoozy classical gas song

the weak point is that there is no resolution or payoff though, just a bunch of teen hoodlums in leather justice jackets wreaking havoc, just kinda snoozy and contrived

they shoulda just made another concept video for phantom or waters of nazareth or something

like the group, meh on the song/video

• at least this track isnt HORRIBLE

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    smack my bitch up is a dope video. this justice video for stress is gash. music is wack and the whole youngins running around doin ill shit is stupid. i liked it better in Aphex Twin's Come to Dadddy.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    don't these Euro dance/electronic music duos come out with pretty much this exact same video every couple of years? I swear they just change the name of the group.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    smack my bitch up is a dope video. this justice video for stress is gash. music is wack and the whole youngins running around doin ill shit is stupid. i liked it better in Aphex Twin's Come to Dadddy.

ah yes I knew I forgot a point of reference aka they bitin' chris cunningham as usual

I really wish chris cunningham would sign onto like Neuromancer or something and pretty much be the end all and be all of the dirty grime hard core cyber schitt

• foster_kanefoster_kane 125 Posts
    This shit is wack. Are people in France recovering indie rock kids and weekend cokeheads feeling this?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    smack my bitch up is a dope video.

yea, but the song is ass.

when I was a kid, I got my finger stuck in the handle of an ice cream scooper and was so freaked out and in so much pain that I couldn't grasp the concept that you had to squeeze the handle to free my finger and I wouldn't let anyone near me to help, so it took a while for the agony to end. this picture reminds me of that.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    This shit is wack. Are people in France recovering indie rock kids and weekend cokeheads feeling this?

This is a typical song for whiteys. People from the projects are of course all up against it, calling it ghetto-exploitation. If you rock a slim jean, if you glue your hair and have a mohawk, if you wear you shirt above the belly button, there's a chance you will like the song. But if you are a well-rouded individual like me, the song and the vid is doodoo on a stick.

• smack my bitch up is a dope video.

yea, but the song is ass.

when I was a kid, I got my finger stuck in the handle of an ice cream scooper and was so freaked out and in so much pain that I couldn't grasp the concept that you had to squeeze the handle to free my finger and I wouldn't let anyone near me to help, so it took a while for the agony to end. this picture reminds me of that.

Woman after my own heart.

One of my redneck uncles had stuffed snakes and mongooses in "natural" scenarios (but now in retrospect, they were the most un-natural fighting poses ever) around his house. Used to trip me out as a kid. I was terrified of them. He FORCED me once to pick one up. I flipped the fuk out. Till this day, I don't do snakes. Fuk him.

Not really the same type of story, but there you go.

I've sat through MANY-a-arguments of the PROS of Prodigy. Not feeling it.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    [quoBut if you are a well-rouded individual like me,

"Oh man, those kids aren't real! My neighborhood hoodlums would take them! Plus, those beats aren't sampled from my favorite 60s soul record. Fuck that wack gay shit."

YAWNnnnnnnnnnnnm

YAWNnnnnnnnnnnnm

you sound like you don't party.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    "Oh man, those kids aren't real! My neighborhood hoodlums would take them! Plus, those beats aren't sampled from my favorite 60s soul record. Fuck that wack gay shit."

is this directed at me?

is this directed at me?

Naw. To all the peeps that are expressing their distate for this particular vid.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Naw. To ALL [/b] the peeps that are expressing their distate for this particular vid.

lol. surely your witty comment explains the inner thoughts of every one of us who doesn't like this song. not even admitted fans of this group are riding for this crap song dude.

YAWNnnnnnnnnnnnm

ha. okay lil fella.

Stay sipping your jim bean on the rocks in a champagne flute while jamming out to herbie mann.

If this music makes you want to party you need to get psychotherapy. lots and lots of psychotherapy.

YAWNnnnnnnnnnnnm

ha. okay lil fella.

Stay sipping your jim bean on the rocks in a champagne flute while jamming out to herbie mann.

If this music makes you want to party you need to get psychotherapy. lots and lots of psychotherapy.

you sound white.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    ahh nevermind.

Naw. To ALL [/b] the peeps that are expressing their distate for this particular vid.

lol. surely your witty comment explains the inner thoughts of every one of us who doesn't like this song. not even admitted fans of this group are riding for this crap song dude.

Naw, not fronting on da fanz. i doubt this music was supposed to BANG. I'm not up on new shit or Chemical Brothers for that matter, so it was kind of fresh, if you can get past the pseudo-hoodlum action.