The Collectro Lifestyle

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
In Toronto Life:Text: ". GREW UP IN SCARBOROUGH and I've been living in rooming housessince I was about 20. I don't invite friends here-it's a pretty smallplace. For money, I buy people's old record collections and then sellthem on eBay. I'm passionate about vinyl, especially older records,from the '60S and '70S. I have about 1,000 LPs in a storage lockerat College and Spadina, and I use a shopping cart to transportthem. Some of the rooming houses downtown are really dirty andnoisy-people stay up all night partying. They're also more expensive.I like this area because it's quiet. Also, there's a beer store justdown the street:'

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Pshhh... what a loser. I mean, my soiled mattress wayyy further away from my computer than that.

I use a shopping cart to transport
    them.

Oh shit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He used to come into the store I worked at to sell. Not exactly a shopping cart - more like a dolly with a box strapped to it.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    my soiled mattress

where all the magic happens

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    them.

Oh shit.

They let him borrow it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Also, there's a beer store just
    down the street:'

Funny, that's how I picked my apartment too. Dude's got his quality of life game on lock.

my soiled mattress

where all the magic happens

How did you know that I take all my eBay pictures on it?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    them.

Oh shit.

They let him borrow it.

K in Canada?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    DON'T KNOCK IT BITCHES. ONLY AN IKEA EXPEDIT AND 10 YEARS SEPERATES YOU FROM THIS GUY.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    beer store

never seen one of those. sounds awesome though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    DON'T KNOCK IT BITCHES. ONLY AN IKEA EXPEDIT AND 10 YEARS SEPERATES YOU FROM THIS GUY.

Of all the members of our community, I would say those who live with their parents and wax rhapsodic on romantic evenings spent sharing a drink with a favored vinyl platter have travelled furthest down the slippery slop to becoming this guy.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Steve is a good guy. Used to hit his storage unit back in the early 90's. Can anyone says 4 copies of INVADERS OG for $1 each?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Of all the members of our community, I would say those who live with their parents and wax rhapsodic on romantic evenings spent sharing a drink with a favored vinyl platter have travelled furthest down the slippery slop to becoming this guy.

Dear Faux,

"Odi et amo, quare id facere forasse requiris. Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior"

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts

i think canada is stupid for this. they should just have only one -- the alcohol store -- no need for lcbo + beer stores.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

i think canada is stupid for this. they should just have only one -- the alcohol store -- no need for lcbo + beer stores.
    Damn! haha, here's your pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

that's jest ontario...
    i can vouch that quebec and BC are far more civilized...

• Not exactly a shopping cart - more like a dolly with a box strapped to it.
    He's obviously since upgraded. I like the way his arms are posed -- he's got this kind of laissez-faire attitude that says "yeah, I do ebay, sleep, jerk off -- hell, drink beer, too -- all in the same room, so what the fuck?"

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    K in Canada

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    the slippery slop

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Ummm. This is how PA does it, too. Weakest shit, evar.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Worst Case Ontario

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Worst Case Ontario

way to use your brain compartment.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I'm afraid I didn't make it up. It's from the Trailer Park Boys.
    But I believe in it and use it whenever I can.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Worst Case Ontario

duly noted nice one sir

• sysfunksysfunk 32 Posts
    What exactly are rooming houses?

Kind regards,
    A European not in the know

Kind regards,
    An European not in the know

a large house where each room is an individual unit, kitchen and bathroom(s) are shared by all the tenants.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Kind regards,

a large house where each room is an individual unit, kitchen and bathroom(s) are shared by all the tenants.

So it's a frat house?

Kind regards,

So it's a frat house?

never been in a frat house