Can we get more Reggae Soul?

13»

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

This might work. let it be known that the gundown will begin at high noon pacific standard time. i imagine that would be around 3pm for the east coasters.

does this work for everyone? if not make it fit.

see ya wednesday!

I've got a mans job, working with my hands.
    No cubicles or computers in sight!
    Soo with that said, 12 noon PST doesn't work at all.
    It's gotta be after 6pm PST or no can do.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    FEEL LIKE MAKIN LOVE

this kinda kicks ass

Yeah, this is that Elizabeth Archer & The Equators joint, isn't it? The version of this is insane.

• This might work. let it be known that the gundown will begin at high noon pacific standard time. i imagine that would be around 3pm for the east coasters.

does this work for everyone? if not make it fit.

see ya wednesday!

I've got a mans job, working with my hands.
    No cubicles or computers in sight!
    Soo with that said, 12 noon PST doesn't work at all.
    It's gotta be after 6pm PST or no can do.

like i said...

shook.

anyone else wanna clash? all in the name of fun of course.

like i said...

shook.

Like I'm gonna ask for the day off, to post reggae tunes on an effin' message board...
    What you don't stay up past 6pm?
    Does your mom turn out the lights at 5:30?
    WTF?!
    If you must do it during the day, hows about next weekend sometime?

• like i said...

shook.

Like I'm gonna ask for the day off, to post reggae tunes on an effin' message board...
    What you don't stay up past 6pm?
    Does your mom turn out the lights at 5:30?
    WTF?!
    If you must do it during the day, hows about next weekend sometime?

nah dude. gotta be in the middle of the week in the daylight when the most users are on. i want to give everyone the opportunity to watch you get slayed.

if you can't make this happen no worries. someone else on here may be up for it. and i don't think any less of you or your records. but if you can make this happen please do so.

nah dude. gotta be in the middle of the week in the daylight when the most users are on. i want to give everyone the opportunity to watch you get slayed.

if you can't make this happen no worries. someone else on here may be up for it. and i don't think any less of you or your records. but if you can make this happen please do so.

I get the whole getting the largest audience thing, but weekday daytime is a non-starter for me.
    We could just post all seven tunes at the same time and let the chips fall where they may.
    It's not like it would happen in real time anyway.

• nah dude. gotta be in the middle of the week in the daylight when the most users are on. i want to give everyone the opportunity to watch you get slayed.

I get the whole getting the largest audience thing, but weekday daytime is a non-starter for me.
    We could just post all seven tunes at the same time and let the chips fall where they may.
    It's not like it would happen in real time anyway.

i'm thinking middle of the day post a tune give it a half our close the polls after a half hour and then on to the next tune. the last poll would close at around 3:30pm pst which would mean the whole clash would go from noon - 3:30 which is when a lot of people are on.

this is what i had in mind. although i am not really feeling what you had in mind for this clash i am open to other ideas.

Yeah man I'm not trying to spend 3 1/2 hours on SS.
    Thanks for throwing down the gauntlet, it sounded fun...
    but it looks like we are a little too far apart on our ideas of what this
    is supposed to be.

• Yeah man I'm not trying to spend 3 1/2 hours on SS

that's funny because your first post today was at 10:00 am and this last post here you posted at damn near 7pm.

It's okay to be shook, dude. just man-up to that shit.

it's all in good fun anyway.

now

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    this is not that complicated! each 'sound' - lol - post a song a day or all your tunes at once - but you both have to agree on which style of battle.
    the timing is not going to be perfect so make with what you got. after all six or seven songs or whatever are up - folks vote. you know Strutters will comment no matter what, but don't put the poll option up until all the tunes are up. cpeetz loves bumping his shit to the top, so I am sure he'll make sure no one misses this and ultimately, anyone who really cares is going to be checking for it.
    after all this boasting - let's hear some actual music.

and if it's supposed to be originals only, I suggest pictures accompanying songs.

Yeah man I'm not trying to spend 3 1/2 hours on SS

that's funny because your first post today was at 10:00 am and this last post here you posted at damn near 7pm.

It's okay to be shook, dude. just man-up to that shit.

it's all in good fun anyway.

now

I dip in and out, true.
    But I also mowed and edged the lawn, went out for lunch, went to the park,
    got rootbeer floats, hit a record spot etc etc.
    It's call a L-I-F-E!
    Get one, they rule!

• this is not that complicated! each 'sound' - lol - post a song a day or all your tunes at once - but you both have to agree on which style of battle.
    the timing is not going to be perfect so make with what you got. after all six or seven songs or whatever are up - folks vote. you know Strutters will comment no matter what, but don't put the poll option up until all the tunes are up. cpeetz loves bumping his shit to the top, so I am sure he'll make sure no one misses this and ultimately, anyone who really cares is going to be checking for it.

and if it's supposed to be originals only, I suggest pictures accompanying songs.

i can get with this. i may have a good amount of pics too. don't know what to do in the case of a blank 7" but whatever... not so much worried about the visuals.

if anyone else wants to clash (K in Canada, Stop33 etc.) let's do this!

i've posted one tune already... anyone with a counter? bring it. the next bullet is in the chamber as we speak!

all in good fun.

this is not that complicated! each 'sound' - lol - post a song a day or all your tunes at once - but you both have to agree on which style of battle.

Real Talk!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    one a day will give you an opportunity to truly play off each other and work in some response tunes.

• one a day will give you an opportunity to truly play off each other and work in some response tunes.

one a day will give you an opportunity to truly play off each other and work in some response tunes.

Good point!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    WTF is going on in this thread??? Anyway:

Pat Kelly- Soulful Love

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    K in Canada

no offense to either of you (and not forgetting k in canada's vilification up in here, ie/ he's lurking if at all), but he would literally crush anyone on this board (me included)...

as for ol stop_33, i'll be waving my solid gold from the vaults CDs from the peanut gallery and cheering this whole thing on...

def post pics though (can we see the selectors too?)...
    and hey, why not treat this one to a new thread w/ the first tune (and maybe thrown down any regs you guys have made up in the first post so people can follow what's happening)...

SOUL STRUT SOUND CLASH #1: PICOANDSEPULVEDA vs CPEETZ

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    So it's any tunes within the timeline and played over a 24 hour period? Who's firing first??????????

• K in Canada

but he would literally crush anyone on this board (me included)...

Bring it.

you too Sip... apparently you have some records. both of you to plaese bring it... and make sure to tell k in canada that he and his $800 goodwill haul are being called out.

i'll be up in here waiting.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Wow, Pico talking mad greasy... let's see if he backs it up with some fiyah.

Tomas - these seem to be the rules for the SS Soundclash from the bits and pieces in this thread. Bassie - You should be the referee up in here.

1. Post 7 tunes from '66-'76.
    2. Originals only.
    3. Extra points for cover/label art.
    4. Poll will come up once all tunes are posted.
    5. Date still to be determined or was that figured out?

Is this going to a heads-up match only (Pico v. Cpeetz) or can anyone bust their stuff?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Triple extra points if they're accompanied by YouTube clips of the selectors gettin' down like this...