Can we get more Reggae Soul?

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Here's a repost of a mix I did last fall, you'll find a few reggae soul covers within.....

DivShare File - The Undertaker Mix.mp3

Rupie Martin-Death In The Arena
    The Hippy Boys-Tell Me Tell Me
    Winston Wright-Moon Invader
    Dice The Boss-Brixton Cat
    Audrey-Someday We'll Be Together
    Rico-Rico's Message
    Laurel Aitken-Haile Haile
    Bob Andy-You Don't Know
    John Holt-I See Your Face
    Dennis Brown-Cheater
    The Kingstonians-Don't Marvel
    Earl Flute-Betrayer
    The Hippy Boys-Look Ea Py Py
    Mike Chung & Now Generation-It's Too Late (Version)
    Hortense Ellis-Woman of the Ghetto
    I Roy-Sidewalk Killer
    Ken Booth-That's The Way Nature Planned It
    Big Youth-A So We Say
    Studio One Dub-Granny Scratch Scratch
    Twinkle Brothers-Jah Jah Gonna Find You
    David Isaacs-We Are Neighbors
    The Chosen Few-People Make The World Go Round
    (Version)
    Delroy Wilson-Can I Change My Mind
    U Roy-Penny For Your Dub
    Lone Ranger-Apprentice Dentist
    I Roy-I Shot The Barber
    Gregory Isaacs-Rock Away
    Horace Andy-Love Jah
    Tall & The Touchers-Touching The President

• i want to have an online sound clash with you my dude. what do you think? we set up a poll and fools can vote on each tune we throw at one another. only snippets and all tunes gotta come from original vinyl... are you game? all in fun of course...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    do it

• hahaha! yeah Bassie...

• he's shook

i want to have an online sound clash with you my dude. what do you think? we set up a poll and fools can vote on each tune we throw at one another. only snippets and all tunes gotta come from original vinyl... are you game? all in fun of course...

It's on!
    You gotta give me awhile to rip stuff though....
    Most of my arsenal is not digital.

• i want to have an online sound clash with you my dude. what do you think? we set up a poll and fools can vote on each tune we throw at one another. only snippets and all tunes gotta come from original vinyl... are you game? all in fun of course...

It's on!
    You gotta give me awhile to rip stuff though....
    Most of my arsenal is not digital.

YES!

Okay we both obviously got some ripping to do. we'll handle all that thru the weekend and then sometime next week the gundown will begin!

hit me on the pm and we can work out details as to when exactly. also i think we should limit this to snippets so hopefully you are cool with that. i am thinking we go from '66 to '72. is that cool with you? let me know and then it's most definitely on... respect.

hit me on the pm and we can work out details as to when exactly. also i think we should limit this to snippets so hopefully you are cool with that. i am thinking we go from '66 to '72. is that cool with you? let me know and then it's most definitely on... respect.

Seems to limited, I say full tunes covering '66-'86.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    full tunes

Great idea!

• hit me on the pm and we can work out details as to when exactly. also i think we should limit this to snippets so hopefully you are cool with that. i am thinking we go from '66 to '72. is that cool with you? let me know and then it's most definitely on... respect.

if you can do '66 - '86 then surely you can go '66 - '72 and be able to slay me with your "full tunes".

if you are open to getting down within those boundaries then please let it be known.

personally i think you are shook and i am confident that i will slay you on some foundation sound shit

if i am wrong then plaese to bring that foundation heat.

that is all.

if you can do '66 - '86 then surely you can go '66 - '72 and be able to slay me with your "full tunes".

if you are open to getting down within those boundaries then please let it be known.

personally i think you are shook and i am confident that i will slay you on some foundation sound shit

that is all.

Who's shook? I tried to open it up and you keep closing it down.

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    i got a couple trojan CDs. can i enter this arena?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

that is all.

Who's shook? I tried to open it up and you keep closing it down.

Don't mean to interject myself into your "soundclash" but what about a compromise period from 66-80 or something like that??

Stop 33 - Dew it - bring that Trojan heat.

• if you want to drop your little UB40 jawns and your little "96 degrees" to "hype" people up then go ahead. InI Kamoze ain't gonna do shit for you up against the foundation sound.

all seriousness.... i don't collect that shit (late '70s and '80s). i am into what i am into. if you want to go toe to toe on some '66 to '72 let's get down.

for me to clash with you past that era doesn't make much sense. it's like asking an olympic runner to participate in the pole vault just because he is at the f.uckiing olympics. gtfohwtbs.

but whatever. i'll do what i do and you can throw down your little dirty-hippy dub "chunes" and whatever else you got and we can do this.

and again... all vinyl. so whoever is hollerin' about trojan cds plaese to fall back and play the sidelines.

so are you down or are you going to be on some bullshit because right about now i smell pussy coming from your direction.

if you want to drop your little UB40 jawns and your little "96 degrees" to "hype" people up then go ahead. InI Kamoze ain't gonna do shit for you up against the foundation sound.

all seriousness.... i don't collect that shit (late '70s and '80s). i am into what i am into. if you want to go toe to toe on some '66 to '72 let's get down.

for me to clash with you past that era doesn't make much sense. it's like asking an olympic runner to participate in the pole vault just because he is at the f.uckiing olympics. gtfohwtbs.

but whatever. i'll do what i do and you can throw down your little dirty-hippy dub "chunes" and whatever else you got and we can do this.

and again... all vinyl. so whoever is hollerin' about trojan cds plaese to fall back and play the sidelines.

so are you down or are you going to be on some bullshit because right about now i smell pussy coming from your direction.

You are funny broseph....
    I'll guarantee you won't be hearing any UB40 or Third World.
    I used to cut my reggae selections off around the years you are into, but my
    tastes expanded.
    You are selling yourself short, their is some seriously dope stuff from the late 70's/early 80's.
    But I'll put those aside for your rules, and you are lucky because I've got some tunes that
    are the definition of FIRE!
    So hows about this, 7 full tunes '66-'76?
    If you can't get down with that you are SOFT BATCH RAS CLAAT!

• say no more.

it's on.

i got stuff going thru this weekend but by sunday night i should have time to get some tunes ripped. if you are on here monday then we'll work out everything else and set a date and time.

have a nice weekend.

Right back at cha buddy.

did i miss this clash???
    wow, deep crates fellas...

now picoandsepulveda, don't go getting all boss aggro on me... you already dissed my trojan CDs...

SKINHEAD!!!

that benetton shirt on the hype man slays me...

Hey - Didn't say hi at Kon&Amir early on and then didn't see you...it was a fun night.

did i miss this clash???

I was wondering about it, too.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    No late 70's/early 80's? Silly. Just found this and a couple hundred other records from this exact period yesterday. Michael Palmer Juggling anyone? Naggo Morris You Should Love your Brother12?

http://www.roots-archives.com/display_artwork/3227.jpg

did i miss this clash???

I was wondering about it, too.
    Nope, maybe Pico thought twice about the public embarrassment of being crushed
    and hoped the whole clash thing would just face away.
    I haven't heard a peep out of dude since he called me out.
    I'm ripped and ready!

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

Seems like Tom the Great and Count Nick here are waiting for the other one to make the first move.

How about Wednesday, May 21, some time in the afternoon?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm ready.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    I've been waiting too... Put your money where jah mouth is.

• well well well.. look who decided to grow a pair! nice of you to show up. i been here all week wondering where you took off to. glad to see you got up the nerve to come back around!

• How about Wednesday, May 21, some time in the afternoon?

This might work. let it be known that the gundown will begin at high noon pacific standard time. i imagine that would be around 3pm for the east coasters.

does this work for everyone? if not make it fit.

see ya wednesday!

Seems like Tom the Great and Count Nick here are waiting for the other one to make the first move.

Have a nice day on soulstrut!