older folks and dissconnectedness-record price rel

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
older dude just came in asking for an old tune called "pass the hatchet"...told him we dont have it. he asked where he could get one, I told him its hard to find in shops, a another shop had one a few months ago, but it was priced at $70 and was sold rather quickly. He starts laughing and saying "be serious, no one would pay that for that record..really, do you have one? it must only be a dollar" then i started laughing...

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Dude was probably on meth.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    the key is to get old guys like that to SELL you records

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    He was looking for Yo La Tango.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    older dude just came in asking for an old tune called "pass the hatchet"...told him we dont have it. he asked where he could get one, I told him its hard to find in shops, a another shop had one a few months ago, but it was priced at $70 and was sold rather quickly. He starts laughing and saying "be serious, no one would pay that for that record..really, do you have one? it must only be a dollar" then i started laughing...

Better older dudes who underestimate the value of their records than those who overestimate. "This Led Zeppelin record is almost 40 years old! I'm asking $40."

Um yeah, as much as I like Zep 2, I'm gonna have to pass. With luck, hopefully I'll stumble across one of the other several million copies in existence.

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
    agree with thee above - usually it's the older collectros/sellers with the classic line "But it books MINT at $500!!!"