another thread got me thinking

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
what to keep? what to sell?i see people selling some pretty dope records on here ocassionally. i buy and sell and am always faced with this dilemma.someone asked if i am selling the Skull Snaps i found. and the answer is "i dont know"it is one of those "oh my god what do i do?" questions..a lot of points to be made-i can get good money for this (money is good but it will go fast)-the record is awesome and i will never find another one in my life for a dollar-i dont listen to the record enough to need to keep it. especially considering the fact i can rip it to mp3 and listen-do i need this record just to "have" this recordit isnt like it is taking up much space. not many of us can say "my whole house is full of dope grails and top notch collectible music"face it. all of us have a shitload of crap that we like to unload at some point.so what are all of your takes on this? i am not asking if i should sell or not. more or less how disposable are things in your collection???dealers see dope records all the time (Jonny for instance, dont you wish you can keep a lot of stuff?)these kind of things confuse me...-chris

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Everything in moderation, Chris!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Everything in moderation, Chris!

meaning? ha

I'd like to keep tons of stuff I get. I try to be judicious.

Everything comes around again.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    true. the demons inside.

you also do it for a living. i do it for extra cash on the side.

I also just went on a two-week crystal meth binge.

Something's gotta pay for that!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Im to the point with records that if I aint gonna listen to it, DJ it out, or if it doesnt fill a gap for some completionist reason, I just record it and sell it...sucks though when I know a record will bump that comission check up or a baller in my personal finds/collection that can bring me good $ but it meets one of the above criteria. But $50 or more for an LP or $100 or more for a 45 I could live without? Im selling.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    fix your avatar, plaese.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    If you listen to it or play it out, keep it. If you don't, sell it / put it in the trades pile. There are plenty of records that I know are good on an intellectual level, that I know that other people will dig, but I don't care to listen to over and over.

You should keep Skull Snaps.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts

You should keep Skull Snaps.