re: MLK said, "i have a dream..."

edoakumaedoakuma 2 Posts
edited May 2008 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Greetings to one and all,Yes, I am a newbie here at Soul Strut and I anticipate that no one give me any attention but I have been blogging around for quite awhile now, so some of you would recognise my blog. I have been searching for these three sets for more than I care to remember. I know they are near-myths, but I continue on my quest:The Artistic Truth & Roy Brooks - Black Survival /"The Sahel Concert" at Town Hall (1973, Im Hotep CF-028)With heavy political message and spiritual moods, from the Harlem jazz label Im-Hotep featuring Roy Brooks & The Artistic Truth, the U.A.R. Committee, Roy Brooks(d), Joe Bonner(p), Reggie Workman(b), Cecil Bridgewater(tp), Sonny Fortune(as), Lawrence Williams(cga), John Stubberfield(ob), JorDora Marshall, Dee Dee Bridgewater(vcl), James Edward Davis (exProd), Afrikan Bag Productions, Inc. for the Universal Afrikan Relief (prod); recorded on 31 December, 1973 at Town Hall, Harlem, New YorkEloise Greenfield & Friends with Byron Morris - "Honey, I Love" (1981, Honey Productions or Caedmon TC-1736)Fantastic jazz/soul with its roots in black history and leaving a heritage to black childrenThe La Mont Zeno Theatre - "The Black Fairy" (Taifa BBC-3101)Based around a '70s Chicago black cultural awareness play written by Eugene Perkins; perhaps best known is "Black Land of the Nile"I would appreciate any heads up on how/where to find these.Thanks,Edo-Akuma (aka Jazz-Nekko)

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    and are you willing to pay for these near myths?
    or you're just looking for

• edoakumaedoakuma 2 Posts
    someone once said that money is the stuff dreams are made of - i don't know if fully subscribe to that philosophy, but - back to the point:

there is a very eccentric collector here in japan who has let me listen to his copy three times. each time i have visited it was like this holy ceremony for him...but he dodges the question of separating himself from the album.

i have money if a pretty decent condition copy is available. if not, then perhaps i might be able to make an equitable trade for digital files but this is my least preferred option.

thanks,

EA

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The La Mont Zeno Theatre - "The Black Fairy" (Taifa BBC-3101)
    Based around a '70s Chicago black cultural awareness play written by Eugene Perkins; perhaps best known is "Black Land of the Nile"

I would appreciate any heads up on how/where to find these.

My esteemed friend chriscarhanan2 (the Strut's own "chris") is selling this on eBay right now.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    what's your blog address ?