Ebay help (France related)

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone know anything about ebay user id thothomo dude brought two Bruce Haack LP's from me (item number 14021946476) I sent the items registered mail and now this cat is claiming that he never received it. He sent me the following e mail today: i didn't receive any lps i've paid , i was waiting for .... but no lps i want the lps , could you please tell me hat adress did you send the lps ? and please find a solution !!!! i have no time to loose , so please help me ! tomorow i will send a mail to ebay for the problem i am waiting for your answer ! this story is not funny ! I contacted USPS and they told me that they would transmit my inquiry to the French postal service who in turn will find out where the package is or went. Thing is I could have sworn I told the postal worker when I sent this item that I wanted it sent express mail that way I could track it.... if anyone is in France I can give you this cats phone number it would be greatly appreciated.....Is the postal service going to be able to help me since i sent it registered mail?

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Sorry, I can't be of any help, but what is it with France? What is the actual percentage of ebay sellers not selling to France? I hope this is really just delayed in the way somewhere...good luck!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Sorry, I can't be of any help, but what is it with France?

Someone here said that postal employees are underpaid and prone to steal mail. The only thing I've ever shipped to France disappeared. Go figure.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

i have no time to loose , so please help me !
    this story is not funny !

I beg to differ. I don't care if it's not PC but I still think French to English translations are funny.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    First thing first, you are being played by USPS because there's no such thing as a business relation between the French Postal services and USPS. They don't understand each other. Period.
    Now as far as the french postal services goes, this is probably the worst in the World beside Nigeria.LOL...People are stealing shit left and right.

Give me the tracking number in PM and i'll see what i can do. For the phone number, your client sounds like an ass, i don't really want to deal with him if you don't mind.

PS : NEVER send anything to France if it's not through Fedex or DHL or else. No regular mail. NEVER.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    First thing first, you are being played by USPS because there's no such thing as a business relation between the French Postal services and USPS. They don't understand each other. Period.
    Now as far as the french postal services goes, this is probably the worst in the World beside Nigeria.LOL...People are stealing shit left and right.

Give me the tracking number in PM and i'll see what i can do. For the phone number, your client sounds like an ass, i don't really want to deal with him if you don't mind.

PS : NEVER send anything to France if it's not through Fedex or DHL or else. No regular mail. NEVER.

PM sent.. and thing is I knew this could possibly happen but I didn't realize that the French postal service was that bad... thanks a lot for anything you can find out.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Ill keep you posted...

Yeah this guy is completely trying to rip me off.....he knew what address I sent the package to because I sent him all of that info when I mailed the package along with the registered mail number.

help.....

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I had a bird cage, (which was a present for a friend) never show up when it was supposed to be couriered to me. They had a tracking number and coughed it up after a paypal dispute, and the address was right. The company had it marked as delivered but some dude (I assume) had just written T.M.B on the signature and given the name Anthony.

Convoluted story, but all I'm saying is he could well be sitting there saying "this motherfucker is trying to rip me off" and either of you could be right.

I let the dispute slide, as the seller hadn't done anything wrong. I assume the courier just fucked up, but they would never admit it. C'est la vie.